Is This That Gritty Shite thats going around???

Big - L

Sadly I can confirm that there is still grit floating about in Manchester - had the misfortune to pick up a henry of it last week :( They have *really* improved the "Bag Appeal" of it - when it's fresh it looks like high grade, smells like high grade, feels like high grade...until you get it under a microscope and notice just how unnatural it looks ;)

Or until you grind it up, and notice an 8ths worth of keif from 0.2gr

Or until you smoke it, and realise it tastes like shit and nothing like weed.

I won't smoke it - tastes horrible and truly fucks up your lungs. I'm not sure what the contaminate is - it does look like really really fine sand but the particles look a bit too big to actually be sand..so not sure to be honest. I did roll a joint of it when i first got it, and the ash went grey, didn't stick etc so its only the taste + fake keif that really gives the game away. It's been binned now, not worth risking my lungs again with this shit. It would probably water cure OK over a week or so, and then vape OK at low temps, but after giving up nicotine I can just do without, much better idea :)

Be careful what you buy guys...

@@Spud1

The bogus kief is any of it water soluble?

Casting my mind back 1st lot I had was grit type crunchy then I got some that

Looked real good but tasted of......burnt sugar which was what it appeared to be

Edited by cityslang

• 2 months later...

got that in scotland! horrible gritty shit! is the dealers trying to make this weed weigh more and look more promising .. ? :shutup:

• 2 months later...

I first started seeing this kind of green in around 2006/2007. Suprisingly, I never came across the really gritty stuff, but there have been a few types of contaminated bud since. We had the brownish, spongey bud that never dried out. Then the stuff that was covered in a very fine white sweet coating that would fall off like snow if you tapped it. Then the notorious "hard ash" bud that smeared like black oil. After that, things got more stealth...

Recently, I've been seeing a lot of green being sold as "Amnesia" or "Lemon" that is very sneakily contaminated. Looks the business, very nice buds on the eye, but it feels slightly soft and the lemon smell/taste seems artificial to me. It's not like a nice citrus smell and taste that you get from certain strains. It doesn't taste like cannabis at all. Just like lemon with a vaguely unpleasant chemical aftertaste. I'm shocked at how many times I've been told "it's high grade import" or "you don't know what good bud is, mate" for refusing to buy this stuff. People tell me it's fine and I'm paranoid, but it's not that.

Anyone else seen or smoked any of this stuff?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sadly I can confirm that there is still grit floating about in Manchester - had the misfortune to pick up a henry of it last week :( They have *really* improved the "Bag Appeal" of it - when it's fresh it looks like high grade, smells like high grade, feels like high grade...until you get it under a microscope and notice just how unnatural it looks ;)

Or until you grind it up, and notice an 8ths worth of keif from 0.2gr

Or until you smoke it, and realise it tastes like shit and nothing like weed.

I won't smoke it - tastes horrible and truly fucks up your lungs. I'm not sure what the contaminate is - it does look like really really fine sand but the particles look a bit too big to actually be sand..so not sure to be honest. I did roll a joint of it when i first got it, and the ash went grey, didn't stick etc so its only the taste + fake keif that really gives the game away. It's been binned now, not worth risking my lungs again with this shit. It would probably water cure OK over a week or so, and then vape OK at low temps, but after giving up nicotine I can just do without, much better idea :)

Be careful what you buy guys...

Yep I been in manc recently got two contaminated draws just as you describe. Smoked one cos I was pissed and didn't notice but the other got binned

I'd say the feel of the bud is a little suspect too, bit spongy like. The high is probs tainted with jwh-018 or something. Dodge as fook

Wake up folks and research the risk involved with this stuff. It is commonly finely crushed glass sprayed on to look like trichs. I think it can cause a lung problem called silicosis. Thats just from memory as luckily ive only come across gritweed twice....research it properly and make your choice...

• 1 year later...

Is a lot of cannabis naturally like dusty? I'm not talking about keef, something a lot more?

It seems like all the stuff I buy lately is like this. Some of my friends say that is just how some strains are like, others say it is some sort of contaminant sprayed to make it weigh more.

Does anybody else have this experience? Seems like, lately, it has all been like this.

This is why I grow my own or buy from trusted people I know well who grow there own lol

Is you joint ash dark and harder than normal ?@@freenerd

Bless

P.s dont smoke it get rid dude !!!

Edited by gardenking69

I would like to grow, I really would. I have two issues. One, if my landlord say the grow tent, and it's not like he pops around or comes to my room at the top, but it still would not look good. And what excuse do I give my parents if they see it? That I'm growing tomatoes? Is that believable? But, I guess, I have to make the jump eventually.

You know, with this bud. I think obviously some of it has to sprayed. I am not sure, it is just so freaking sandy after you grind it. Dealer insists nothing is wrong.

But is there some bud that is a little dusty? Because if bud is sprayed with this stuff, what if its only sprayed with a small amount of it? Because some of the bud I have is like this. There's enough of this residue that it kinda ruins it.

I mean, as long as it's not heavily sprayed with this stuff, loads of people would never know.

I guess, i want to know if there is a way for a fact you can know if it is sprayed. With microscope? Any other way? Cuz, there are so many arguments about it. No one knows. Sometimes it is very obvious. Sometimes controversial.