Is This That Gritty Shite thats going around???

Big - L

I think I saw a report a few years back that showed pictures of lungs with loads of tiny pin holes from inhaling red hot silicon particles, apparently they can never heal/recover. I'm glad this shit isn't around any more, I only ever smoked a few grams worth years ago. The shitty thing, to me, is that it was actually very decent weed before the crap was added, such a shame. These people should be prosecuted for crimes against Cannabis! :v:

• Like 1

There's scientific reports in this thread somewhere about grit weed. I'm not saying people weren't chucking sand at their plants but the nationwide epidemic was apparently imported and contained tiny glass beads. There's pictures and reports here somewhere... I remember reading them at the time. Tonnes of that stuff was floating around. It was in every part of the country and was a proper organised scam. Someone made 10s of millions selling glass beads to us lot lol... but TBH they probably lost that much in the following years because anyone with any sense started growing their own shit lol I'll never buy weed again after all that.

• Like 1

Guest Default Attribute

I remember getting a 20 bag from somewhere and had loads of stuff on my fingers after breaking a bud up. When I licked it, it was all crunchy, it was a nightmare whenever I got sold that stuff.

Sounds like you could get SILICOSIS from this crap.Its why sand blasting with sand was banned.More reasons to grow your own :yep:

• 1 year later...

Hi all just wondering if anyone else sees alot of sprayed weed ? It sees to be all over Manchester , mainly hazes ? I'm guessing imported ?

They call it haze...... you'll experience that when the silicosis kicks in.... any greedy cunt with a spice grinder and a spray bottle can do it.....

Thought we had seen the end of shit grit weed but again it rears it's ugly head.

Folks just want to buy a bit of a plant.

That's all. Simples.

The world is fucked folks no two ways about it.

Fooked 

:eek:

:(

• Like 1

Am a Manc Pal, not seen sprayed/grit weed round here since when it first happened some 7-10 years ago or something when there was not much of a home growing scene.  Seems bizarre, they'd never get rid of it as there's no shortage of weed round here.

The biggest danger for sprayed weed right now has to be Spice, I'd be worried about that if not buying from a trusted supplier.

Edited by goldie_2007
  • Like 1

Yep there's an asian dealer near me who has people flocking to his door for amnesia and gorilla glue that's always consistent and has been tampered with.

Most likely that brix plus shit with flavourings added..

People brag about it and I just laugh at them if they think it's mint let the cunts Craic on!

It's like the old vac pac shit like bits of tight rabitt shit 

The man I'll use occasionally has been getting what looks like quality imported Amnesia Haze recently and I did remark to him how it looked like the sprayed stuff of yesteryear. I looked at it under the scope and I couldn't say whether or not they were trichomes, they did have heads on the stalks whereas I recall the old stuff looking more like fibres so I concluded I was just being paranoid. It was a lovely smoke too. With you guys saying what you just have though I'm no longer sure and should have perhaps trusted my instincts more.

• Like 2

The claimed imported stuff I've seen comes in kilo bags with a random coffee shop from holland written on in marker pen

:soap:

• 4 months later...

We got some like that years ago.... and i saved all the dust...... it was powdered sand......... They throw it at while it's growing to add weight x

• 4 months later...

Now I know this might've been going on for years, but has anyone come across stuff sprayed ??? I get off a lad and the stuff stinks ya house out, the next day totally odourless. Few of my pals get off him and its tacky, like just been sprayed then an hour later bone dry if its left out. Lads think i'm going mad, but i'm right, people are spraying their gear to sell aren't they ?? Its the only explanation for stinky weed then nothing the next day off it..

• Like 1

You're correct, It's been going on for years. All sorts of adulterants have been used, sand, grit, glass, silica, silicon, road marking pigment and brix powder to name but a few. :soap:  I think brix plus is the most commonly used, our local hydro shop was selling it, I tore the guy apart in the shop for stocking that shit and haven't been back since. :( I think lately, people have been spraying buds with diluted vape flavour concentrates, a guy I know had some which tasted and smelt just  like Coca-Cola, it definitely wasn't natural.

I've also smoked some buds which, I'm almost positive, had been sprayed with the same synthetic THC chemical they use in Spice, it wasn't nice. :puke:  

All the more reason to get a grow on. :)  In this day and age, some people will do anything to make a few quid, even if it means spraying a natural product with carcinogenic compounds to add a bit of extra weight.  :( 

Edited to add - You can even buy a can of Skunk spray to make your bud smell like bud. :wanker:   Fucking crazy! :russian:  

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 5

We eevently scored some weed that smells like germoline. It was vile, but I left it out and it dissipated a bit and ended up smelling like normal weed with a hint of hospitals...not really sure what that was about. 

Laced weed is one of the reasons that a pure and legal market is best. It’s bad enough worrying about what chemicals were used to grow your weed, but some people are concerned about laced weed that has been contaminated with something more dangerous. It’s extremely rare, but dealers in rough environments have occasionally resorted to lacing the weed they sell with other ingredients. If you have to purchase from an underground source, it’s best to be wary.

Why mess with a good weed?
laced-weed.jpg

Weed could be laced for a variety of reasons. Beefing up the effects of a weak batch of weed with stronger drugs could help to hide the poor quality, or gradually addict customers to a harder, and more profitable substance. It could be a marketing ploy, for a combined high.

Most personal users who lace their own weed will add cocaine or LSD. A joint or bowl laced with cocaine is called “primo”, and a joint with LSD-laced paper is often called a “rainbow joint”. It is also not unheard of for users to add heroin, meth, PCP, and MDMA, in order to make those drugs “go down easier”.

There are more nefarious adulterants as well. A desperate dealer can use dangerous means to improve the appearance of low-grade weed. Crushed glass can make it sparkle with the appearance of more trichomes, making it appear more potent. Powdered laundry detergent could be sprinkled in to give the appearance of lots of kief, and manipulate the smell.

Dealers have even been known to give nostrils a false kick by spraying weed with diesel fuel, skunk spray, perfume, or putting it in a bag containing fruit peels or moldy cheese to make unremarkable weed resemble the odors of powerful, signature strains. Even spraying or dipping buds in food coloring and powdered sugar is not unheard of. Most often, weed is simply moistened or mixed with oregano or other plant material to add weight.

What can laced weed do to me?
pcp-laced-weed.jpg

Besides possibly not getting you high, laced weed can give you the effects of any other drug it is laced with. For other substances, it can make you exhibit any or all of the following symptoms.

• Trouble falling asleep
  • Decreased appetite
  • Nausea
  • Irritability
  • Dizziness
  • Lowered heart rate
  • Increased heart rate
  • Difficulty Breathing
  • Feeling light headed
  • Hallucinations
  • Delerium
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Organ failure
  • Death

How can I tell if I’m smoking laced weed?
laced-weed-glass.jpg

There are some smart shopper tips to help you keep from getting ripped off, or worse, poisoned.

1. Testing for glass: Rub a bud that seems extra coated in shiny crystals on a CD, bud will not scratch the surface, but glass will.
  2. Testing for Detergent: Take a small piece and put in a glass of water and swish around. If suds form, detergent or soap is present.
  3. Fuel additives: Take a bit of bud that appears moist, and hold it over a flame. Fuel soaked herb will flare up, unlike normal bud.
  4. Other smell adulterants: Perfumes and chemicals added to mask or enhance smell will also tend to change the color of the flame applied to the herb. If it begins to pop or spark, you also don’t want to smoke it. As they burn, they also smell harsh and chemically. Even herb that smells potent will have a more mellow flavored smoke.
  5. Color additives: If buds have been soaked in a coloring solution, say to give “purple” buds, then it will soak into stems as well. IF they were just sprayed, the coloring will be only on the outside of the buds, so crack one open and look at the color distribution.
  6. General adulterant testing: The trichomes on herb can come off if pressed or knocked loose, but won’t simply dump off like dust. They are either milky white or amber in color. Tap a bud on a black surface, and if it shakes out dust like a vacuum filter, don’t trust it. Check for the color, and the best way to know for sure is using a jeweler’s loop or a 420 Scope to see what it really is up close.

The ultimate check for other drugs is to use a drug testing kit. Snooping parents and wary clients can purchase these online affordably, and they work similar to police roadside testing kits. You can find them on Amazon.

Basic weed buying advice
laced-weed-dish-cleaner.jpg

• Never buy weed that is already ground up.
  • Only buy from a reputable source.
  • If they won’t let you inspect the bud, don’t buy it.
  • If they won’t smoke a bowl of it with you, don’t buy it.
  • If you are rushed or intimidated into leaving quickly, don’t buy it.
  • If they try to offer you other products, like hard drugs, for a deal, don’t buy it.
  • Trust your instincts.
  • It’s better to throw away a bag of weed than end up in the hospital or worse.

Putting laced weed in to perspective
laced-weed.-baking-soda.jpg

I sincerely hope you never have to deal with bunk weed or bad dealers. As legalization spreads, they are slowly being pushed out of the market, but until dispensary prices become more competitive and legalization makes it to your neck of the woods, they are still out there.

When it comes to getting quality herb, it’s okay to be a little paranoid. Look what they add to regular food to make it more appealing, and you will see that modifying products is more widespread than you thought.

Just relax, though. This practice is still extremely rare except by personal users with their own stuff. Much of the hype of laced weed is a scare tactic promoted by prohibitionists and the police. Even hardcore street gangs want repeat customers, and knockoff or laced weed is a quick way to lose reputation.

Usually, the only time you will hear about potentially laced weed is from a newbie or light smoker who isn’t used to the effects of more powerful strains getting paranoid while really high.

• Did you get laced weed from your weed man? Share your experience and leave a comment below

LINK NOT ALLOWED

• Like 4