crossing over to the coco side

RUFUS HOUND

Big ups @RUFUS HOUND am loving the selection and am gonna pull up a seat and watch as will be moving back indoors this winter and may do a coco / super soil comparison, hope the cuts recover 

stiggy

• Like 1

@Stigofthedank cheers, Ive got a bit ahead of myself popping 3 autos and all the clones but I'll work something out lol. As long as I have at least 3 Im happy.

• Haha 1

one of the droopy clones is almost back upright and the other has picked up a little bit.:yahoo:

The cause was entirely my fault, opening up the dome to put in my temp/humidity sensor, dropped the humidity down to 55%. :wallbash:

Its now back up to 90% and they are recovering. Just shows how delicate clones are to drops in  humidity.

large.clone2.jpg.f1fe1fbe255f6e46913cf37292fc1c63.jpg

• Like 2

Ive binned the droopy clone as it never recovered but with 5 outta 6 clones I cant complain.

The 3 x Thunder banana autos are all up but needed a far bit of fettling to get the seed husk and membrane off as they weren't coming off on their own, so they are very leggy.

Im putting them in tall starter pots  (big party cups) so I can bury the stalks a little to stop them flopping over, then into the final pots - still to decide on  7L deep rose pots or 6L fabric, as I will need some room to keep the clones happy for a while.

Still, its always a nice problem to have too many plants 

• Like 2

back to the main event - TBL flower day 22 - They are loving being watered multiple times, I might have to increase the irrigation from 3 x 10mins to 3 x 15mins as drinking more each day thank fuck I got the automatic irrigation sorted .

large.TBLflowerday22a.jpg.1e63a16d8114c6b67dba27b3c38ffa31.jpglarge.TBLflowerday22b.jpg.6f9f842490ece73fed29ebf7ad7622d2.jpg

• Like 5

@Stigofthedank getting into their stride now, nice citrus smells wafting about when my heads in the tent - must be strong as my sense of smell is buggered..

• Like 1

Hahaha @RUFUS HOUND

Now how did you fuck that with the help of the Colombians ?? Aka the good way lol or Covid aka shittsville

• Like 1

the later Im afraid, cant smell out unless its under my konk

• 1 month later...

sorry about lack of updates

the TBL are finished and in me jars - cracking smoke as always with rock hard nugs,  plant 3 was the best of the bunch, so hoping the clones are as good - should be, as they are genetically identical but strangely all the clones have variegation like plant 1.

Ive learned loads during this 1st run and coco dosnt seem to be such a giant leap, now I sort of know the ropes. Really impressed with how multiple feeds on a simple wifi socket worked and Ive already got a few mods in the pipline.

large.TBLfinished.jpg.e3544fd68645cae0268ee61c6c2a612c.jpglarge.tblbud.jpg.f9825db60bf2968a2718817725db374a.jpglarge.tblroots.jpg.a24511cb4398fb55088ed1bb95cce648.jpg

roots on plant 3 were much bettr than the others two, dont think they were fully rooted out before goiing to multiple daily feedings.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

so hoping the clones are as good - should be, as they are genetically identical but strangely all the clones have variegation like plant 1.

Congrats on the harvest dude, TBL does sound lovely, looks like a really good yield as well. 

Funnily enough a clone of a plant can actually express itself quite differently from one run/environment to the next, that's the true meaning of phenotype. What we ganja growers call phenotype is actually genotype, good rabbit hole if you fancy one. So yeah it's nothing unusual if they do look a bit different, especially from the seed plant. 

Although you could have just mislabeled the cuts, I know I've been guilty of that in the past lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Congrats on the harvest dude, TBL does sound lovely, looks like a really good yield as well. 

Funnily enough a clone of a plant can actually express itself quite differently from one run/environment to the next, that's the true meaning of phenotype. What we ganja growers call phenotype is actually genotype, good rabbit hole if you fancy one. So yeah it's nothing unusual if they do look a bit different, especially from the seed plant. 

Although you could have just mislabeled the cuts, I know I've been guilty of that in the past lol

never knew that about clones, always thought they were exact copies of mum /donor plant., I am almost postive that these were from the best plant.

The clones took ages to get going due to taking cuttings in flower and having to reveg them , they turned into right little freaks with tons of single oval leaves before sorting themselves out and now growing standard leaves 

Edited by RUFUS HOUND

They are exact genetic copies, but genes can express themselves in many different ways. A simple (possibly over simplified) example is a plant turning purple when it's cold, or stretching because it's not getting enough light etc. 

• Like 1

Congratulations on the harvest,

they look like nice firm buds.

It’s bringing back memories lol

The TBL was a great strain when I grew a monster :) 

A really good performer and a very tasty smoke too ;) 

I would definitely recommend @MindSoup to give it a try,

you won’t be disappointed 👍

Atb 

☯️

• Like 1