Win Subbie Seeds - 5 places remaining ....

Gaijin

3 cats and a confused midget :hippy:

I have no fuckin idea what's going on but something definitely happened.

large.Screenshot_20230828-131332.png

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump

My team Strawberry Fields.  My predictions aren't good either. lol

It is really confusing!!

What I've figured out so far.. I have whole team for defence, well 2 teams. Then a load of offensive players to choose from. I can swap the defence teams or swap players each week.

What I'm confused about... lol

Are the players (and defence team) that have been auto picked rated better than the ones that have been benched? I'm assuming they are rated higher in the draft?  Or is it my job to see who i think might be best and pick accordingly?

Do i have to pick so many in players in so many positions? Or can i just pick whoever from my list?

I'm going to have a look through my players and see what's what. The only one i recognise is Arron Rodgers, i think hes about 90 isn't he? lol

edit: found this page which is a good start for those as confused as me :)https://www.nfl.com/news/how-to-play-fantasy-football-a-beginners-guide

it answers some of my questions but I'm just gonna leave em up in case anyone else has anything good to chip in

Edited by Two Tents
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Two Tents said:

My team Strawberry Fields.  My predictions aren't good either. lol

It is really confusing!!

What I've figured out so far.. I have whole team for defence, well 2 teams. Then a load of offensive players to choose from. I can swap the defence teams or swap players each week.

What I'm confused about... lol

Are the players (and defence team) that have been auto picked rated better than the ones that have been benched? I'm assuming they are rated higher in the draft?  Or is it my job to see who i think might be best and pick accordingly?

Do i have to pick so many in players in so many positions? Or can i just pick whoever from my list?

I'm going to have a look through my players and see what's what. The only one i recognise is Arron Rodgers, i think hes about 90 isn't he? lol

edit: found this page which is a good start for those as confused as me :)https://www.nfl.com/news/how-to-play-fantasy-football-a-beginners-guide

it answers some of my questions but I'm just gonna leave em up in case anyone else has anything good to chip in

Your points will come from the top 9 players in the list, these are your starters, you can swap them for the players on your bench as long as the positions match, so QB for QB, WR for WR, however there are two positions that you can choose to have either, WR/RB or a WR/TE, these are marked W/R & W/T respectively. 

RB & WRs tend to score the most points followed by QB and TE.

Other points will come from your Defence and your Kicker, you only score points from your active Defence or Kicker, so your substitute D or K won't score, you need to put these in whenever your D or K have a bye week, the same applies to your starters. 

The players on your bench (BN) don't score anything for your team.

The ratings are based on last year's fantasy performance, so it's not really a reflection of what may happen this season.

If you click on a player, you will see that player's stats, predicted score and what bye week they have.

There is a little grey square next to each player, your kicker and your defence, clicking this allows you to move players.

The green button that says OPTIMIZE LINEUP will put out what the software thinks will be your best team for that week, so it'll make all the substitutions for you.

Plus, you can drop players, this means they will out of your team permanently and someone else can pick them up, you can also trade for players that have been drafted with other managers and you can trade for players that have yet to be drafted using the Waiver Wire or sometimes you can pick them up as a Free Agent

So for example I have Pittsburgh and Minnesota as my Defences, I'm happy with Pittsburgh but I want to get rid of Minnesota.

Pittsburgh's bye week is week 6 so I need to find another defence to play that week for me. I could wait and see how Minnesota start the season, their bye week is 13 so I'd basically have 6 weeks to find another Defence, but after the bye week Pittsburgh will probably be the D I use until the end of the season.

Another option would be to drop Minnesota altogether and take another player for my bench but that leaves me weak for week 6 when my D has their bye. So you don't have to have 2 defences and you don't have to have 2 kickers but you need to remember your bye weeks.

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 1

Thanks for that, it's really helpful.

It's a lot to take in. I'm looking forward to the season starting though.

Edited by Two Tents
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

The more I read the more confused i get lol

Haha I was like that last year it becomes clearer as it goes on 

Just remember to rest your best players when you play Me 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Brysee said:

remember to rest your best players when you play Me 

Seems like legit advice lol

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BilgePump said:

The more I read the more confused i get lol

Just click the OPTIMIZE LINEUP button every week, the software will pick your "strongest" team.

• Like 2

After spending a bit of time getting to know my team i think were going to struggle. lol

I have 4 QB's who probably wont get much game time. A couple of WR's who should do well. One or two hopefuls, and a load of right duffers who also probably wont get much game time.

Time to look at the transfer system i think. Any advice on that? Is it the case that all of the top rated players are gone in the draft and its all about getting lucky finding someone who will do well?

Does anyone want to trade a star QB for a load of duffers? :wassnnme:

edit: one more thing im confused about, on my team page it has this message..

Team Notes

• You have 5 open RES slots on your team. Select an eligible player to move to the reserve slot.

•  

but if i try to add a player, its asks who i want to drop. So what are those 5 reserve places all about?

Edited by Two Tents

@Two TentsSid is right, it's only for injured or suspended players, ignore it for the time being.

To trade; lick on MY TEAM, then click TRADE. 

Click on the little blue arrow next to ALL TAKEN PLAYERS that will bring up a drop down menu, from there click ALL AVAILABLE PLAYERS. This will bring up a list of the players not yet drafted, find the player you want then click the little green + sign, this will take you to the page where you can choose the player you want to change. 

The player won't be automatically added as your choice depends on where you are on the Waiver. Usually the teams that are doing the worst have the first choice. So for this weeks Waiver I am 4th in-line so I get 4th pick of the players on the Waiver. If you look at the League Table it'll show you were you are in the current Waiver.

If you're unsure the current waiver order is;

1. The Jimmy Rifters

2. Ned The Head

3. The Villans

4. Pigskin Peanuts (me)

5. 3 cats and a confused midget

6. Par Plus Pump Fakes

7. 1st N Goal

8. Green Buds.

9. Hash Browners

10. Danger mouse and the toadanate

11. Dallas dabbers

12. Green Bag Packers

13. Cakey B FC

14. Strawberry Fields

This will change every week depending on your teams results, but what it means is; if you want a player but another manager further up the list wants the same player then they will get that player, so if Ned wanted Travis Kelce and 1st N Goal also wanted him, he would go to Neds team because he's higher up the waiver order.

Personally I'm waiting on 6 players in the waiver, so I'm hoping nobody above me in the order wants the same players as I do. The waiver will take place tomorrow morning so I won't know if I'm successful until then.

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 1