Win Subbie Seeds - 5 places remaining ....

Gaijin

My team name is Strawberry Fields.

I'm not really that clued up on NFL, i watched a few games a few years ago but fell away from it due to the time differences.

I will try to keep track of whats going on this season, keeping the team up to date should help.

Two places left.  :yep:

edit: ok, first question. Im confused about how the draft works. Do we get to pick players ourselves or is automatic?

Edited by Two Tents
  • Like 2

Hello mate @Two Tents Glad you could join us :) 

The draft is automatic and completely random in terms of the order our teams are picked for us. We could do a Live Draft, but that would need all of us to be online at the same time for an extended period; I don't think that would work. I get stoned. I would probably forget to show up myself :doh: 

There are options whereby you can set rules. "I want to take a running back in the first round" for example. You can tell it not to pick certain players, or, say, "take the highest ranked Quarterback remaining in round 3 of the draft". The players are ranked by the "experts" at NFL.com, but you can rank the players the way you want to, if you want to lol 

Personally, I've never touched any of that stuff. I feel that I would probably make things worse for myself if I did lollollol 

Here's last year's thread, you might get something useful if you give it a read

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

Hello mate @Two Tents Glad you could join us :) 

The draft is automatic and completely random in terms of the order our teams are picked for us. We could do a Live Draft, but that would need all of us to be online at the same time for an extended period; I don't think that would work. I get stoned. I would probably forget to show up myself :doh: 

There are options whereby you can set rules. "I want to take a running back in the first round" for example. You can tell it not to pick certain players, or, say, "take the highest ranked Quarterback remaining in round 3 of the draft". The players are ranked by the "experts" at NFL.com, but you can rank the players the way you want to, if you want to lol 

Personally, I've never touched any of that stuff. I feel that I would probably make things worse for myself if I did lollollol 

Here's last year's thread, you might get something useful if you give it a read

Cheers Dude. Ill have a read through in a bit.

• Like 2

@Two Tents I didn't know anything last year mate and finished a unlucky 3rd

Unlucky because the other two was better but that's beside the point 

It's good fun and I enjoy watching a bit of it now and it sort of does most of the work for you I'm sure your be a expert this time next year 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gaijin said:

Have you ever finished top of a league or got into the playoffs?  :innocent:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Have you ever finished top of a league or got into the playoffs?  :innocent:

lollollol fair point. I did get to the championship game one year back in the early 2000s :D 

I told myself after last season I'd do a load of research over the summer months and be better prepared this season - didn't happen 

• Like 1

@Baron von greenback hello mate :) Yes, you are now signed up with a new team. Your team from last year's competition is still there, too. Maybe you didn't get the email a few weeks ago. New email address maybe. No problem, glad to have you back and I'll delete your team from last year :yep:

15 hours ago, Gaijin said:

@Baron von greenback hello mate :) Yes, you are now signed up with a new team. Your team from last year's competition is still there, too. Maybe you didn't get the email a few weeks ago. New email address maybe. No problem, glad to have you back and I'll delete your team from last year :yep:

Ok mate cheers don't do emails didn't know can't believe it been ayear

• Like 1

It's Saturday

The computer drafts our respective teams on Monday morning at 0600

Our competition cannot start as we currently have an uneven number of teams, so we're going to have to sort something by Sunday night. I've sent a couple of PMs out asking folk to please assist. If you can twist anyone's arm and get them interested, or in so much pain that they can't resist, I just need an email address to get the invite sent to them. Please and thanks :) 

Right, I've managed to twist an arm, so we now have a full compliment and can draft as planned on Monday morning at 6am. You won't need to do anything at all. Sometime after 6, you'll have a team to play with :D 

Edited by Gaijin
  • Like 2