First ever grow

disco survivor

Mate I bet they'll be absolutely delicious. Shame about the bud rot, but you live and learn, a roof is great for ganja plants, but walls not so much. 

• Like 3

Amazing Toms nice work. Mine have gone to shit this year , all but given up on them...

Try to keep that greenhouse door open as much as possible to allow some fresh air in , humidity is sky high after heavy rainfall. I leave my door open and the roof vents open 24/7 :yep:

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 3

Chin up mate :yep:     The joy of battling the elements under cover ,  its just a gamble mate ,  if we had nice weather you would be on a winner !

We getting poor weather and the greenhouse &  tunnel boys taking a kicking.   

From years of getting my ass handed to me ,   i now dont mind starting off under civer but would never try cook til maturity under a roof again ,  find it easier outdoors.  

Sides need to be totally open to stand a chance mate sadly ,  nothing wrong with fighting the good fight mate :yep:      Wishing  you the very best with it sir. 

Tommys look wonerful  :thumsup:      I got 2 individual toms nearly ready and lots still maturing.    

• Like 4

Ho man thats a lot of water for a plant to deal with. I gotta say though I kinda like it. I have seen a few pic's over the year's of buds popping out of pools from flooding. A few bounce back nearly unexpected. Nothing you can do though other then remove the effected buds from the environment. Maybe stay a mild peroxide solution around to kill spores :unsure:

• Like 3

As if things weren't bad enough, found some powdery mildew on the stem of the photoperiod this afternoon. Branch wasn't showing any signs of wilting so cleaned off and treated the affected area, hopefully it will recover. DEFINITELY going to re-desgn this greenhouse for next year and give it a thorough Jays fluid clean at the end of the season. 

large.64c023c9e2814_powderymildew.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, disco survivor said:

As if things weren't bad enough, found some powdery mildew on the stem of the photoperiod this afternoon. Branch wasn't showing any signs of wilting so cleaned off and treated the affected area, hopefully it will recover. DEFINITELY going to re-desgn this greenhouse for next year and give it a thorough Jays fluid clean at the end of the season. 

large.64c023c9e2814_powderymildew.jpg

Looks like that branch will need to be removed :doctor:

• Like 2

@disco survivor    Sorry to hear the PM is getting a grip !    :wallbash:

I too am suffering a tad with it ,  my big PCP in light dep took a few knocks that led to broken & cracked lats and now i am fighting it also.   

The joys of outdoors :yep:     

• Like 2

@OldFord Although it's been a bit challenging, I'm loving every minute of it. Soooo many thing I'm going to change for next year. Every other glass along the bottom row of the greenhouse will be a Louvre window (I'll make my own to cut down on the cost). Cucumbers are out for next year (I'll make a cold frame for them). 

Once this years grow is out of the way, I'll strip the greenhouse and disinfect with Jayes fluid and also remove the growing medium in the beds and replace with fresh. I'll recycle the old growing medium. I need a better stealth covering for the inside of the greenhouse other than bubblewrap. I'll have a look at netting or similar. 

Saving up to buy kit for the Budbox I've just bought but that's going to take time. Probably looking at 12 months before I can afford some good lighting but plenty to be going on with regarding the outside space.

• Like 1

@disco survivor    You could swap the panes out for mesh  ,  even pvc mesh.    Louvres will def help :yep:       

I use shading nets on the roof apex section and swapped glass to opadue poly card ,  you can then add whatever you wish tp further obscure vision.

I too willl be investing in indoor grow kit soon enough ,  never done indoor but its a means to an end and already been looking about but its a minefield lol   

Just as well im in the right place here to get solid advice :yep:

• Like 2

@OldFord For the indoor grow I've purchased the following:

2m x 2m x 2m Budbox Pro with white interior. Cost was £366 new. It's in almost new condition and I paid £150 on an ebay auction

AC Infinity Cloudline S8 inline fan. Brand new. Retail price is £185 plus delivery. I paid £120 delivered from an ebay seller. Already warned the seller if it's not brand new and the exact model specified in the add, it's going straight back and a bad review will be posted.

8m ducting - £15

200mm (8 inch) x 600mm Fox carbon filter - £75

That's my lot for now.

Next on the list is an AC Infinity 69 Pro controller and some oscillating fans Could take a couple of months to save up enough to buy.

Next year - Mars Hydro Smart FC - E4800 lights.

• Like 2

I have zero knowledge on indoor kit ,   i have been perusing others kit and trying to learn !

As my needs will mainly be for bringing on / sexing . breeding ,  i wont necessarily complete full grows as not really that interested tbh , just a means to an end with the majority of things being done outdoor.    I wont buy shit , as firm believer in buy once buy good :yep:

All in good time mate :george:

• Like 1

The poppy experiment has been a huge success. Managed to extract 8g of resin from the poppies. Purchased 2 packets of poppy seeds from my local garden centre - Black Peony and Hungarian Blue. These were grown in 4 large plant pots (58cm) using the same growing medium mix as I used for the cannabis.

No additional feeding other than the fertiliser already in the growing medium. 

I initially made a topical cream using coconut solids. 8g of resin in 152g coconut solids to treat my chronic back pain and my wife's hip surgery pain. However, it was far too strong and numbed the skin around the application site. I eventually doubled the coconut solids and it works perfectly. I'd hate to imagine what effects this resin would have if ingested. It would definitely have to be diluted in warm olive oil or honey. 

I wasted a lot of resin as I cut the pods mainly in the afternoon and they continued to produce latex well into the night. I'd suggest early morning for this exercise.

Won't be doing this again as I'm hoping the RSO I'll produce, will have the same effect. I will continue to grow poppies though (as I've done for many years) as they are so important to the bees. 

I think it's absolutely bizarre that it's illegal to cultivate cannabis but you can go to your local family garden centre, purchase as many packets of opium poppy seeds as you like. Go home and plant them all over your front lawn if you want to, in full view of the neighbours and the ONLY part that becomes an offence, is scoring the seed pods and harvesting the resin. You don't even have to do that. You can wait until the seed pods have dried on the plant, harvest the seeds for next year and extract the opium resin from the dried poppy pods (not sure what the process involves though but that's how they do it in Turkey). 

large.64c0c881147ed_poppytopicalcream.jpg

• Like 1

how do I remove an image from the gallery?

Uploaded an image of scored poppy pods for the post above but think it's probably a step too far. Need to remove it, thanks.

I'll get in touch with admin to have it removed.

Edited by disco survivor

On 25/07/2023 at 8:44 PM, brock1 said:

Looks like that branch will need to be removed :doctor:

It's gone !! thanks.

• Like 1

DAY 73 UPDATE:

ADVICE PLEASE !!

The greenhouse has flooded again. 3rd time in 2 weeks. Previous to that, the greenhouse had flooded once in 9 years. Bud rot is visible in a few parts of the plants, noticeably the plant nearest the greenhouse door. I've even got leaf rot on a tomato plant and that has never happened in 30+ years of growing veg.

The bud rot has been treated and neutralised but I'll be removing the affected parts of the plants today.

Question:

Do I see this grow out - has at least a couple of weeks to go or do I chop down early?

I'm only making oil and maybe a tincture if I can get my hands on a good second hand electric water distiller.

large.64ca117e4ba28_cbd28233.jpglarge.64ca117ca1ef6_cbd28232.jpglarge.64ca117ab6ebc_cbd28231.jpg

• Like 4