First ever grow

disco survivor

Have you seen the Bendz plant training clips?

large.Bends.JPG

large.MoReBending.JPG

You need to remove them before the branches try to absorb them lol 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Have you seen the Bendz plant training clips?

large.Bends.JPG

large.MoReBending.JPG

You need to remove them before the branches try to absorb them lol 

Atb

:yinyang:

They are clever !!

• Like 1

large.6489eb0f0ded3_cbd146231.jpglarge.6489eb110ef84_cbd146232.jpglarge.6489eb128f0e4_cbd146233.jpglarge.6489eb14134fd_cbd146234.jpglarge.6489eb157b37e_cbd146235.jpglarge.6489eb16e658d_cbd146236.jpglarge.6489eb18a8455_cbd146237.jpg

Quick update:

Image 1: I've isolated one of the Auto's and started the STS spraying to see if I can produce feminised seeds. Will spray 3 times at 7 day intervals. Might have left this part of the experiment too late. Would have felt better if this was started  a week earlier. The auto is planted in the same configuration as the ones in the main greenhouse (inverted "T") - open ended bucket sat on a bag of compost to produce an extensive root system.

Image2: Auto's are going through some training. I might peg them one more time. I offset the plants in the buckets to give me room to train them.

Image3: The free seed (Photo) has also had some training. Need to watch a couple more videos to see how far I can take this plant.

Image 4: The last Auto, again going through some training. The cucumbers need to be cut back a little but are living quite happily next to this grow.

Image 5 and 6: Plenty of cucumbers !! The cucumbers are far more sensitive to water saturation levels in the soil. If everything follows the same watering cycle and you can keep the cucumbers happy, all the other plants will thrive.

Image 7: The Afghan Poppy strain (Hungarian Blue) is thriving in the large plant pot. Unfortunately, they are a little overcrowded so the seed pods will not be very big. If this part of the pain relief experiment works, I'll prepare a proper bed for them in the autumn. The poppies really need to be 5ft tall.

• Like 5

So, this is day 31 (from when the seeds went into the sandwich bag for germination)

Couldn't find a cargo net to fit my grow so built my own from canes and string I already had. I'll build layers as the plants grow.

Does everything look OK? Plants seem happy enough

At day 31, does everything look on track for an auto grow (third image along is actually a photo period).

Last image is the isolated auto I'm trying to generate feminised seeds from. 

large.6491c2c798a4d_cbd206231.jpglarge.6491c2c9553e9_cbd206232.jpglarge.6491c2cb3f5fc_cbd206233.jpglarge.6491c2cd41c13_cbd206234.jpg

• Like 6

I've been struggling with some insect damage to a couple of the plants. Citric Acid spray dealt with the first infestation (possibly spider mites) but not this. Tried 4 different off the shelf products (bug clear, resolve etc) but nothing appeared to work until someone told me to buy Provanto Smart Bug Killer. Looks to be all clear (3 days and no further damage). Struggled to get the Provanto product (sold out) but Homebase had some (£6). Nothing else in the greenhouse is being touched, just these plants !!

large.64954b6d66874_insectdamage.jpglarge.64954b6b4cb32_bugkiller.jpg

• Like 2

Hate to be a debby downer, but I'm not sure if systemic pesticides are a good idea with cannabis. Might be wrong though. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Hate to be a debby downer, but I'm not sure if systemic pesticides are a good idea with cannabis. Might be wrong though. 

Not sure but the alternative at the moment is no plants at all if I didn't do something. The spray is suitable for vegetables and gives 8 weeks protection (allegedly) so I can stop spraying before flowering on the auto's (not sure if that makes any difference). A mate who is a professional gardener suspects cabbage moth larvae as I have cabbage and broccoli growing outside the greenhouse and the damage on the Auto plant looks very similar to cabbage moth larvae damage. 

Yeah fair enough I suppose dude, they're not really budding yet so will probably be alright, TBH I'm not really sure why they're bad, I've just seen US medical growers talk about failing tests for them. Probably still way better than smoking Albo strep weed. 

• Like 1

Day 36 of Auto grow (from seeds going into sandwich bag for germination). 

Complete novice question but is this still the veg stage? want to start feeding soon

large.64981bf94f4f0_cbd256231.jpg

Edited by disco survivor
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, stu914 said:

They're in flower now mate, nice piece of string you're growing there as well...:rofl:

Thought hemp twine would be a fitting addition to the greenhouse. How can a plant so versatile and useful be illegal in the UK? 

• Like 3

Just now, disco survivor said:

How can a plant so versatile and useful be illegal in the UK? 

That's easy to answer...'cos the fuckers keeping it illegal are making squillions off it and don't want to share...cunts!:fart:

• Like 2

Looking happy & healthy in here sir :yep:       All nice  /  lush and full of vitality :george:

Feed them if you wish anytime now ,   go easy on reduced strength to start with and build up to where your happy.     

The plats will soon tell you if they aint happy :yep:        Keep thiem as happy as they are now and you will pull off a nice little haul.

All the best with them mate

• Like 3

While we're on a roll then, another complete novice question.

I isolated a feminised Auto and sprayed with STS to try and produce feminised seeds. The rate of the Auto's growth caught me by surprise and I felt I'd started the STS treatment too late but I live in hope :-)

The tops of this plant look different to the others and I'm hoping the STS treatment has worked. Can anyone tell me from the images if the treatment has worked? 

large.649876d88ec39_cbd256232.jpglarge.649876da70126_cbd256233.jpg

• Like 3

Eyes aint the greatest but to me its def an auto and def in flower ,   looks normal mate.     Prob not what you wanted to hear but what im seeing :yep:    

• Like 1