First ever grow

disco survivor

I would try and get some shading greenhouse stuff rather than the bubble the bubble will increase temps in there.

A large planter with a biggest brightest plant u can find placed in just the right spot maybe so neighbour can't see inside.

Or one of them strip things on the greenhouse door and leave the door open.

Dunno if them cheap damp trap thingys would work but might be worth a shout if u put a load of em in there.

• Like 2

On 16/08/2023 at 4:36 PM, Scrape_the_resin said:

Have you considered cat litter in there to help absorb some moisture? I intend to try this.  I'm also looking at getting some of the hanging dehumidifiers, while it won't solve it I'm hoping a few hanging directly around the plants will help remove some moisture. And it's cheap.  Can but try, luckily mine is ventilated and I don't get a build up of moisture like your picture shows.  

Put 12.5kg of cat litter in the greenhouse a week ago. Hasn't done anything really to reduce the humidity. I've now removed the autos, so just left with the photoperiod.

• 2 weeks later...

Just the photoperiod left in the greenhouse. The 2 auto's have gone. Only got 12g dried bud from the 2 auto's due to bud rot but made some delicious chocolate brownies with it :yep:

Despite having a bumper crop of cucumbers on this side of the greenhouse, they've had to go in order to create more airflow under the photoperiod. Just the orange tree remains.

Carried out the last chop and training of the photo. Nowhere for it to go now. It's just over 8ft wide and 6ft high.

Still very wet here so hoping for a dryish September otherwise I'll just be chopping down bud rot again !

large.64ec6b0ea0108_cbd288231.jpglarge.64ec6b10db535_cbd288232.jpglarge.64ec6b1295b17_cbd288233.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

No matter how much I cut this plant back or train it away from the glass, it grows right back again in a few days :shock:

Guess it's still a few weeks away from finishing?

large.64fdbb7b3c455_cbd109237.jpglarge.64fdb9dae23d0_cbd109236.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

After the bud rot disaster with the auto's, I decided to learn from the experience and instead of just cutting away the affected part of the plant (only for the adjacent part of the plant to become infected), I've been scraping away the infected plant tissue, trimming away all fan and sugar leaves and spraying with an anti fungal treatment (for edibles). The results are very promising. Almost all of the stems have recovered over a 2 week period and even the sugar leaves have re-grown. After 3 days the infected site dries up (although it looks unsightly).

The anti fungal treatment that has proved to work in this instance (I've tried a few), is Provanto Fungus Fighter Plus.

large.6511c5bb8c253_cbd259232.jpglarge.6511c5b987a13_cbd259231.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent thread, @disco survivor, and a very informative read.

You are the very first 'virgin' grower that I have ever encountered that has attempted seed production on their first grow ! :thumsup:

Been considering a greenhouse ninja grow for next season, but...you nailed it with this comment, " 1) airflow and humidity control are vital !"

And nosey neighbours, visibility, and smells are my other concerns.

Indoor grows are far more controllable, and concealable, with the right kit. Think I'm gonna have to clear out some attic space, and revert to what I know...