First ever grow

disco survivor

Sorry to hear of your flooding, what a massive pain. I’m sure someone with more experience than me will know best about whether or not to chop, might be worth early harvesting a couple and seeing how the others fare? Weather is looking rubbish around me for another week or so, I’ve had no rot so far fingers crossed…

• Like 2

I know you said you’ve treated the mould,

I’d actually physically remove all signs of bud rot and any suspicious bits.

It’s the beginning of August and we’re getting April/October rain :soap:

Once you’ve got rid of the worst parts you should be able to see how much healthy plant material is left,

you might even be able to recover some once it’s off the plant and you can dry it :v:

Since it’s for oil/tincture it’ll be good to have some early harvest and some later to give a broader spectrum of Cannabinoids :yep:

I hope you’re tomatoes make a good recovery :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I know you said you’ve treated the mould,

I’d actually physically remove all signs of bud rot and any suspicious bits.

It’s the beginning of August and we’re getting April/October rain :soap:

Once you’ve got rid of the worst parts you should be able to see how much healthy plant material is left,

you might even be able to recover some once it’s off the plant and you can dry it :v:

Since it’s for oil/tincture it’ll be good to have some early harvest and some later to give a broader spectrum of Cannabinoids :yep:

I hope you’re tomatoes make a good recovery :) 

Atb

All the dead matter is now gone. Thanks for the info !

• Like 2

Any effected buds I cut off and salvage what I can from said bud and dry it.

The rest of the plant if unaffected I'll leave to carry on.

I've got two plants at present where I have just the bottom half of the plant still going. It's a pain in the ass but it's the joy of the outdoors in a shite British summer. I thought I had good airflow in my greenhouse, next season I'll be adding a fan for sure.

Good luck buddy 

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CustardVape said:

Any effected buds I cut off and salvage what I can from said bud and dry it.

The rest of the plant if unaffected I'll leave to carry on.

I've got two plants at present where I have just the bottom half of the plant still going. It's a pain in the ass but it's the joy of the outdoors in a shite British summer. I thought I had good airflow in my greenhouse, next season I'll be adding a fan for sure.

Good luck buddy 

Made the mistake of cutting off some fan leaves to improve circulation and left them in a bowl ready for the compost bin. My wife tipped them into the green wheelie bin when she went into the greenhouse for peppers and chillis. After the green bin was emptied, I opened the lid to see if everything had gone and saw 2 fan leaves stuck to the inside of the bin. Checked the CCTV and luckily the bin man didn't look inside the bin. Won't be doing that again :shock:

• Like 1

Going to be completely washed out at this rate.........Now Storm Antoni......WTF !!

large.64cdf574587b1_Screenshot2023-08-05at07_50_33.png

• Like 3

It's crazy how much it's raining today! Looking like mid week next week we should get a good few dry days, until then, good luck everyone

• Like 4

UPDATE DAY 84:

Going to take out the last of the auto's this week. Not much left after the chop due to bud rot.

Photoperiod has nowhere to go in height so once the auto's are out, I'll anchor down the branches of the photo. Hopefully, it will go into flower soon.

As you can see from the second image, the humidity in the greenhouse continues to be sky high. No way of adding electric into the greenhouse for fans without raising suspicions from one of my immediate neighbours. Big changes to the greenhouse for next year. I knew the greenhouse would be crowded this year but wasn't going to do without tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers just to carry out a bean experiment.

What I've learnt so far:

1) airflow and humidity control are vital !

2) No special growing medium needed for beans. They've been more than happy in the same growing medium as I use for cucumbers and tomatoes - 2 parts peat free compost, 1 part sterile soil, 1 part horticultural vermiculite (fine), 0.5 part well rotted manure (12 months). To that, I add bonemeal and seaweed (about 100g of each per half cubic metre of mixed compost medium)

3) No special nutrient feed needed. The plants have done well on the same liquid nutrient feed as I use for cucumbers and tomatoes - 1 cap Tomorite liquid feed and 1 cap of Miracle Grow all purpose plant feed per 7 litre watering can, twice a week (during feeding cycle)

4) Caterpillars, leaf miner parasites and Stink Bugs LOVE these plants. 

large.64d9cb25f0c3a_cbd148231.jpglarge.64d9cb2894bbe_cbd148232.jpg

• Like 6

Hi mate is it possible to remove a few of the windows on your greenhouse for better airflow? 

How were the brownies?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stayup4ever said:

Hi mate is it possible to remove a few of the windows on your greenhouse for better airflow? 

How were the brownies?

The problem is the photoperiod. Visible from every angle now due to the size so I've had to add bubble wrap to the inside of the greenhouse to distort the image. If I take any glass out, you'd see the plant from next door.

The ground in and around the greenhouse is saturated. A little bit of sun and the humidity just goes nuts. 

I made the brownies with a low THC, high CBD strain. Still, as someone with no tolerance to cannabis at all, they did have an effect. Main benefit was lower back pain and I slept like a log. Despite the cannabis taste, they were actually really nice. Will definitely be making them again but using a different extraction method.

• Like 2

You may need to trim her back a bit to give some room for the continued growth through the earlier stages of blooming :) 

Atb

• Like 1

Have you considered cat litter in there to help absorb some moisture? I intend to try this.  I'm also looking at getting some of the hanging dehumidifiers, while it won't solve it I'm hoping a few hanging directly around the plants will help remove some moisture. And it's cheap.  Can but try, luckily mine is ventilated and I don't get a build up of moisture like your picture shows.  

• Like 1