First ever grow

disco survivor

If you pollinate those pre-flowers on the reversed plant you’ll only get a very small number of seeds.

There’s a really good thread by @Smokebelch about breeding with small numbers,

it’s based on an indoor grow but a lot of the same principles apply :) 

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/414702-breeding-with-limited-space-my-subbies-adventures/

There are lots of other really good threads in the breeding section too.

A really good reference book is: Marijuana Botany by Robert Connell Clarke,

you can get in paperback or find it online as a PDF free download ;) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shumroom said:

If you pollinate those pre-flowers on the reversed plant you’ll only get a very small number of seeds.

There’s a really good thread by @Smokebelch about breeding with small numbers,

it’s based on an indoor grow but a lot of the same principles apply :) 

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/414702-breeding-with-limited-space-my-subbies-adventures/

There are lots of other really good threads in the breeding section too.

A really good reference book is: Marijuana Botany by Robert Connell Clarke,

you can get in paperback or find it online as a PDF free download ;) 

Atb

:yinyang:

Excellent, thanks. I'll have a look in the morning. 

• Like 1

Day 54 update:

Everything seems to be on track. The photo is really taking over though. I'm going to build a second layer of scrog so hopefully I'll be able to train it a little better. I'll prune the side shoots on the photo today so the autos are still getting enough light.

Odour is quite noticeable now but luckily, my next door neighbour (on this side of the garden) is fully aware of what I'm doing. I was up front with her before I even started the grow...any objection or doubt from her and I would never have started. She lost her partner last year and the "alternative" treatment he took, really helped to ease his suffering so she's fully supportive of what I'm trying to achieve. 

large.64b0f53641945_cbd147233.jpglarge.64b0f53497b9d_cbd147232.jpglarge.64b0f5324283d_cbd147231.jpg

• Like 6

Day 55 update:

Added a second layer of homemade scrog using a ball of hemp twine. Not pretty but does allow me to move the twine if I need larger or smaller diameter holes.

Topped the Photoperiod AGAIN ! fairly even canopy now, if only for a week or so.

Waste not want not.....saved the cuttings from the photo to perfect my cannabis cloning skills. Not sure what to do with them after they establish themselves as I don't have an indoor grow room.

The Photoperiod is causing me all sorts of headaches. I planned the greenhouse so the wall of tomatoes on the opposite side of the greenhouse would shield the Auto grow plants from the neighbours (One of the reasons I chose this auto variety was the low overall height of the plants). However, this photoperiod is visible to my next door neighbour ( the one we don't have much to do with) from their upstairs window so I've had to use bubblewrap to distort the image of the inside of the greenhouse. With the damp weather, I really didn't want to do this as it will definitely increase the humidity and I now run a very high risk of mould developing on the buds. I'm going to leave the greenhouse door and windows open 24/7 and make a screen today for the door so unwanted animals don't get in. In hindsight, I should have dug up the photoperiod once I realised my mistake. All part of the learning curve I suppose :yep: 

large.64b251a9c5bc4_cbd157231.jpglarge.64b251acbf214_cbd157232.jpglarge.64b251aee666f_cbd157233.jpglarge.64b251b0de2ec_cbd157234.jpg

• Like 5

suppose it's inevitable given the really poor weather we've been having recently but could potentially be bud rot?

I've taken off anyway, if nothing else but to dissect and explore further. No other evidence (on the stem or leaves), just this brown patch. 

large.64b63afbc5bff_cbd187231budrot.jpg

• Like 2

Unfortunately that is rot, yes. All the grey and brown stuff is bad news.

Check the rest of the plant, if there are any droopy or dead leaves look very closely at the base of the leaf stem for similar grey/brown rot.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, disco survivor said:

suppose it's inevitable given the really poor weather we've been having recently but could potentially be bud rot?

I've taken off anyway, if nothing else but to dissect and explore further. No other evidence (on the stem or leaves), just this brown patch. 

large.64b63afbc5bff_cbd187231budrot.jpg

Yes it is rot. Found a small patch on a lower branch of one of my girls yesterday. 

As you say the weather has been shocking for July so I'm not surprised. Cut it off and salvage what you can

• Like 3

Weather is just drastic. Even the Tigerella Tomatoes in the greenhouse which have always  give us a ripe crop from the first week of June, are only just ripening now on the 19th July !

large.64b79c39d2287_tigerellatomatoes.jpg

• Like 3

Me too.:wallbash:

After seeing this had a double check…I’ve been focused on the drying for past few days.

Weathers been ridiculous for Mid-July, unpredictable rain and humidity through the roof. More like autumn. Not much better for next week. FFS. 

Found a patch in the main cola of Cali Haze. Very dense buds. Cut it out and will be keeping a close eye…think it was in fairly early stages. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Me too.:wallbash:

After seeing this had a double check…I’ve been focused on the drying for past few days.

Weathers been ridiculous for Mid-July, unpredictable rain and humidity through the roof. More like autumn. Not much better for next week. FFS. 

Found a patch in the main cola of Cali Haze. Very dense buds. Cut it out and will be keeping a close eye…think it was in fairly early stages.

Fingers crossed for you. 

• Like 1

Day 62 update:

Image 1: Took me a while to figure out what this leaf damage was but it turns out it's water damage due to drips from a faulty seal in the greenhouse roof. Calcium deposits apparently. In the greenhouse when it started to rain and noticed water dripping onto this leaf. Did some research and found the answer...You learn something new every day !!

Image 2: Bit of a growth spurt this week but no real change to the buds other than that.

Image 3: Cucumbers don't seem to mind their new neighbours. Prefer this stubby variety of cucumber, gets used before it starts to soften in the fridge.

Last 2 images are taken with a microscope. Guess I'm nowhere near harvesting yet?

large.64bbcb484feb2_cbd227231.jpglarge.64bbcb4a60800_cbd227232.jpglarge.64bbcb4c3fccf_cbd227233.jpglarge.20230722_12_44_46.pnglarge.20230722_12_44_41.png

• Like 7

Definitely getting severely tested with my first grow. Greenhouse hasn't flooded for about 9 years. Been raining non stop for 24 hrs now. Had to close the greenhouse door as the rain was driving in through the door. Humidity in there must be off the scale. I've opened the door now and will probably leave it open all night. I've commandeered the front of the parrots travel cage to stop animals getting in over night while the door is open.

Will be looking for bud rot every day now  :wallbash:

large.64bd5f054a960_greenhouseflooded.jpg

• Like 6

Flooding and high humidity in the greenhouse doesn't seem to be affecting the tomatoes (door key for size comparison) 

large.64bff01d139d1_tomatoesbig.jpg

• Like 5