Military Grade

13 minutes ago, Notorious B.U.D said:

Yet another thing to add to my upgrade list  lol

It's never ending :D

• Like 3

I've just finished setting it up

close up of mounting

large.20221125_200900.jpg

Here you can see how much vertical space it saves me over the old method so i can now get the light closer to the canopy if needed in flower

large.20221125_201615.jpg

When i turn that white fan off my whole grow is so quiet.

Now i just need to find a decent USB fan that can be hung facing horizontal downwards on the back of the LED driver, Needs to be quiet, decent flow and no battires or lights, and that would replace the white fan.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

I've got 2 in my 3x3 tent. The oscillating one and the fixed one. Both seem really well built and not very noisy at all! I've also got the ac infinity s4 fans and the controller. It's nice to be able to control all your equipment of one app on your phone/tablet. 

• Like 2

@Pufftastic

Yeah i also have the S4 extraction fan and 69 controller, Is there a way to turn on and off the oscillation via the app? Not that i really need that function but would be nice.

Edited by Military Grade

Have you looked at the euletang fans (spell check) for pc's ? I bought a smartdevil off spamazon for 20 quid and its all I used for the pupsxx grow I just did.

• Like 2

I'm looking for something larger than PC fans so they run quietly while still moving much more air, and also have a more practical mounting options.

Something like this that I can hang from a ratchet directly above the lights driver

large.Screenshot_20221126_131159.jpglarge.Screenshot_20221126_131304.jpg

• Like 2

I have a couple of the S6 autos myself and just installed them yesterday. I haven't had them running yet, but I was impressed with the strength of the clamp! That's not going anywhere lol 

• Like 1

Have you seen the quad pc fan? 

Search 'GDSTIME Big Airflow 4 x 120mm Cooling Fan' 

I've got one in my basket, 

will probably get next year :D

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Interesting but not for me mate, one single fan the size of them combined should provide a quieter higher air flow for my intended purpose. I bought a smaller fan the other day and forgot when you crank them up to the air flow I'm looking for it whined like a rc car lol , so I had to return it.

Also i think and could be wrong here:g: that having 4 fans that close together would disrupt each others air flow when not pressed against a surface it's intended for, like a CPU cooling radiator or a games console flat and surfaces.

I'm sure it can do a job in the grow, I just feel I could find quieter for cheaper somewhere:yep:

• Like 1

identical to the one I've returned, same stand, size fan blades just round frame, 5.5inch is a tad to small for me.

I've gone for this one it's 8 inches and no batteries or lights, fingers crossed i can get it to hang flat, If only AC Infinity made one lol

large.Screenshot_20221126_131304.jpg

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

Been looking to press the button on the infinity fans for a while but I've been wanting to know how quiet these are in comparison  to the usual 6" clip ons?

My circ fans are the loudest part of my  grow,  are these much quieter?

:yinyang:

• Like 4

I have mine set to level 5 and it's the quietest fan I've owned, level 5 is pushing a lot of air, level 10 obviously makes more noise but still quieter than the fan it replaced lol

The first minute or two the fan did make a strange robotic kinda noise while Oscillating then it went and hasn't come back, might have lubed it stuff up after sitting in the box for a long time.

Minus the white fan that's still in there the loudest part of my grow setup is my AC Infinity S4 Extraction Fan on Level 1 and that thing is pretty quiet lol

How long this fan will last only time will tell.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, The Villan said:

large.71mTTmTwXRS._AC_SX679_.jpg

Bungee's are better. Anything trhat directly links a fan to a frame will hear harmonic vibrations compared to bungees. :yep:

• Like 5