Is no till worth it?

Hazeytones

My plans have been somewhat messed up. Im just waiting on led grow lights to get more 80x80 homebox tents in to do a living soil pot.... Then if all goes well put a living soil bed in my 1.5 x 1m bud box. 

Problem is my zip has decided to play me up I'm able to still close the tent but it's a fuck about everytime. So I'm thinking a change after this run is in need. The last thing I want to do is set a bed up and then the zip totally shit itself. Never mind only being a week into flower atm. 

Just the decision of what to replace the bud box with? I'm liking the idea of the homebox 1.2x90x180 tent as it would accommodate the rest of the kit I have bar two tube heaters....and I still think I'd be able to put a 2x4 bed in here?  

Either way it's going to cost me more than I had planned. Just hard to make up my mind on weather its worth having two spaces or just replace the bud box and forget about the 80x80.

• Like 1

That's a bummer on the tent mate. If you have a candle or some bees wax rub it all over the teeth of the zip, it helps them work a bit better, like a lubricant of sorts, used to have to do it to my old dry suit from time to time. 

No idea about tents TBH, my ones a cheap shit one that I have to wrap in blackout curtains because of all the light leaks lol

It's not so much the teeth that's the problem but more the bit at the bottom that then joins both sides of the zip. It does eventually work after a bit of fucking about.... But sods law when I would put a bed in it will totally fuck up. I've been nursing it along for over a year and think the tent itself is about 6 years old. No light leaks though thankfully. 

Yeah man that's what I'm hoping for.

I should have enough to do me when I crop my celia plants to give me a bit of time to sort things out but ideally if I could get an 80x80 I'd go ahead and set a pot up, then replace the bud box at some point. Hopefully leaving me with a long term setup that I can do two plants in the 2x4 bed and one in the pot and roughly veg one while the other flowers. That's sort of my plan atm just didn't want to really have to change the budbox but thats how things go sometimes. 

Didn't want to start a new thread so thought I'd just add it to here. 

I'm modifying my intakes on my tent as I don't like the passive flaps due to light leaks. 

I bought 4 6inch secret jardin light baffles but didn't realise it wasn't the kit so I literally have the inner part. 

My plan was to cut 4 6inch holes and fit the secret jardin light baffles. Would this be enough using a 6inch ec fan for extraction?

I think @MindSouphas used the secret jardin baffles do you think I could get a few 6inch wall flanges and and just fit the baffles inside instead of buying the rest of the kit?

Or am I wasting my time fucking about and should just get an active intake? 

Ive been trying to avoid this option as I don't really want to run another fan. 

Any thoughts appreciated :smokin:

I run one 150mm in my 60x60x120, so 4 should hopefully do you just fine. I'm pretty sure someone on here used some waste pipe instead of the mounting kits so I'm sure you'll be able to find something they fit into that will do the job, like you say something with a flange you can glue to the walls would be a good idea. 

Not sure if they're all like it but mine did have a small pinhole right through the middle, nothing a bit of tape/blutak wouldn't sort out though. 

• Like 1

You mean the no till route?

Well I have 3 celia plants in the tent I want to sort the intakes out on so it'll be a while before I get a bed in there. 

But I'm just waiting until Friday and see if there's any sales on tents and get an 80x80... already have a par + to go in, will need to get extraction sorted, I do have an old fan but sounds like a skeleton wanking in a biscuit tin. Then just a pot and soil. So hopefully get the bits and pieces together over the next few weeks. 

I already have a few Ssdd x killer skunk x smile about a week or two old so would like to be sorted soon or else there going to be in the veg tent a long time. 

• Like 1

@Exhale

I see your using a flexi tray in your tent... Is it a 1m tray in a 1m tent? I'd like to get as big a pot as I can and the 245l grassroots is 81cm meaning a 1m would be needed so if a 1m tray squeezed into a 1m tent would be perfect. If not I'd have to go for a 170l at 69cm which may be suitable anyway for two plants to fill a m2? 

I've decided to downsize my tent after this run to a 1m homebox. 

Cheers dude hope your having a good weekend :smokin:

• 1 month later...

Well guys hope everyone had a good Christmas. 

I've been wrecking my head over the holidays on how I'm going to set up my no till tent. I'm definitely going to be downsizing tent to a 1m. Its just what pot /bed to go for. 

I was thinking of one of the 3x3 grassroots beds it's acc 83cm or else a 81cm pot, the bed holds about 260lt and the pot 245l so not alot in it. 

The only problem I see with the bed is where I would be able to fit a heater. I was considering building a timber frame to put the bed on with tube heaters under, but would this only really heat the soil rather than the air? Also I'd be a bit concerned of the weight of the soil above the tube heaters.

Second option was to put a couple of heat matts under the bed then a couple of tube heaters mounted above the bed attached to the tent poles, as I don't think there would be enough room between the bed and tent walls. Would this be OK having the heater so close to the tent liner. Or possibly even use the 1.2m heaters I have on the outside of the tent at the intake but I think that might be a bit wasteful although the room it's in is well insulated. 

Third option go for the pot with a couple of heat matts and tubes on the poles at the side. 

Probably over thinking the whole thing but appreciate any comments. 

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 1