Secret Jardin Cosmorrow ‘Grow’ LED 20w

Smokey McBongface

I believe it does, I'd only be looking at additional for the flower tent, tbh I dunno if I'll ever bother as I've only got so many sockets lol

I'd take a bit of stretch over tumours any day of the week though :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 2

So what's the benefit of IR? Better LSTs? 

Yeah UV seems pretty scary although you can always turn it off before you open the zip/door. From what I gather the LEDs aren't really up to much either,  better off using a fluro tube one. 

• Like 2

Yeah leaf surface temp would be my reason for adding any i.r although I've just had a gander at the bloom strip and it's ticking over 1°c cooler than the cold white strip ..35°c on the actual strip and  lst is 24.4°c so down by a degree or so too compared to the grow version , I'll swap them again in a minute given the general temperature or lack of!

When I was considering uvb supplementals I was pretty much sold on the solacure fluoro tubes because they were the most harmful therefore in my mind the most effective lollol

• Like 2

I’m sure I read somewhere both supplemental strips are only meant to be used for two weeks.  Maybe only applies to the UV.

UV two weeks from flip and the IR towards the end of flowering.

• Like 1

Just thought I’d stick this in, my cosmorrow light is hung from the very top of the tent, probably 25cm from the tops directly under.

I was worried it was gonna be up to high and not have enough spread for the babies who are as you can see crammed in there, but seeing them like this when I looked earlier. I decided to save the faffing with lowering and just let be. Great wee light.:yes:large.61CF6A53-1378-45DD-BB60-9EF1B47A8A27.jpeg

• Like 5

Nice one man, looks great. Hanging it directly from the cross bar at the top seems to be the way forward :) i’m not sure who came up with the hanging height guideline at SJ (15cm?) lol they probably want to change that if they want to sell them. 

• Like 1

These little set ups are looking good!! I can't join the club now though as i didn't get a cosmorrow or a dp60lol

My local shop couldn't get hold of the cosmorrows so I just grabbed what he had in which was a 80x60x80 and a 25w? 60cm Streetlight LED, worked out about the same price just a little bigger than planned and should do the job as he set 1 up to show me and it looked plenty bright.

I'll grab some pictures when I set it up, this has just reminded me I need to get some seeds out the fridge too :smokin:

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

My little two tier set-up will be completed very soon, after running the prototype iteration for a few weeks now I think I can make it slightly more efficient :skin_up:

Also I received the 3 way power supply and sent it back without even bothering to open the box ...

Got a 5 way coming instead, also have another eluteng 120mm fan and two 1m 5.5mm x 2.1mm male to female extension cables so I can run both levels off one plug :B):

I'm also going to fiddle with the shelf, move it up a bit so the two strips up top (both cold white) are a bit more effective at reducing seedling stretch and the 3 below ( two bloom and a cold white) have a bit more room for the footprints to merge, or something like that.

Watch this space, it'll be coming together as fast as DHL allow :skin_up:

• Like 2

@anarchycamp do it bro , well worth the small expense these strips :yep:

I'll have increased my wattage by 14w but doubled my actual growing space whilst simultaneously putting an end to me being that guy who makes the lads at the local hydro store rummage around out back lookin for T5 tubes (gained a few vertical inches too because no more clumping gurt T5 fixture)

• Like 3

@Smokey McBongface Harking back to our conversation where I mentioned Meccano....

..I'm a tight arse and a hoarder so I had a rummage through some boxes and found some old drawer runners, a hacksaw and nuff bolts n ting...

large.DSC_0268_copy_3000x4000.jpglarge.DSC_0267_copy_3000x4000.jpg

Spacing is 18cm bolt to bolt so hopefully that'll be pretty even distribution in 60cm² :skin_up:

I'll be using the 5 strip bracket that comes with the power supply for the bottom strips I suspect...

...I'm now wondering if the push fit clips will fit in those holes rather than the brass picture hooks for hangers...they don't yet, but they will!!

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 8

Looking nice there @BilgePump. It’s a great template for everyone to copy :naughty:.

I’m gonna pick up another grow strip for my 60x40 ( another thing to the endless list lol) as the seedlings did stretch a little with zero side branching.

It was maybe hung a little high and for 10 seedlings under 1 strip, probably 25/30 cm away. I think it was a little underkill with the 1strip for them all .user error. I make the mistakes so you don’t have to kidslol. .That’s gonna end up my phrase on here. 

Another strip I think would be perfect for future multiple seedling starts. Letting me lower the light and still get suitable spread for all keeping stretch to a minimum.
Monday night. Skinny milinky no arms. All in the big tent now. large.7279BF92-3114-4526-95AD-8BF3A04F329C.jpeg

large.5F38D183-D124-450F-8C1B-DE48077CA9A0.jpegAnyway:D. Looking forward to seeing yours all put together and working:yep:

Edited by vapeOguy
Said Tuesday mend Monday
  • Like 3

@vapeOguy Looks like Adam's found a new supplier for the cosmorrows at ledgrowlights so can basically get everything now inc. the 5 strip fixtures and higher output strips.

Looks like I've cobbled mine together just in time for the bits I've ordered from Germany to be available in the UK :wallbash:lollol

Wonder if the duct flange carbon filters are in the UK yet?...

• Like 2

@BilgePump that’s a result, the 4 row led strips are like rocking horse shite to find in the uk. So props to them there. I’ll be keeping an eye out. No doubt they’ll sell out rapidly.

I had no idea they had those little filters, having a butcher now :book:

@BilgePump nice one dude the DIY bracket looks great. Will need to check out the website, i’m starting to really want a second DP60 and a bloom strip for making a few batches of seeds. Gonna have to do a bit of reading on DIY STS, for some reason theres next to nothing available in the UK. Be cool to have a dedicated space for reversing the BLZ Bud, would love to do a proper pheno hunt on those :george:

The NL5xHaze wow, i’m glad I kept the pheno going. I had a bit of berry from her first time round but now shes been sitting for months under the cosmorrow, shes absolutely stinking of blueberry. Can’t wait to give her a second run, hopefully without fuckups :unsure:

• Like 1