Secret Jardin Cosmorrow ‘Grow’ LED 20w

Smokey McBongface

@Smokey McBongface thats a good idea man , I'm currently trying to do everything in just two tents and it's tricksy at best lol

It's got me trying new things though, like rooting flowering cuts , pollinating them and promptly revegging lol

Got a London Gentleman x (skunk x widow) that's plump with seed and putting out vegative growth at a whopping 4 inches tall lollol

:yinyang:

• Like 1

lol you any photos man? Be interesting to see her. 

Just thinking it would cost another £100 or so to put together a second DP60, both tents combined would only be 42w from the wall. Be a crazy efficient system for mums and flowering out small cuttings.

• Like 1

I'll endeavour to snap some pics when I'm able to man , she's a bit of a grunter tbh lol All single bladed leaves poking out of weirdly matured swollen calyxes!

Can't really access that bit of the g.room in comfort presently because we have the whole living room and most of the kitchen spread around whilst we do some DIY and decorating etc and there's what feels like a thousand houseplants in under the par+ (which they bloody love! running at 92w in 1.2m²).

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

@Smokey McBongface looking good mate, I think I'm going to nick this idea too, as you say perfect for keeping small mum's, nice 1.:thumsup:

Are you going to grab another for some pollen chucking?

@BilgePump did you get it set up mate? Also did you get in contact with one tree about the cosmorrows? 

Cheers for the inspiration boys, I was thinking of converting a bedside draw and using household LEDs but now I'm going on the hunt to see what's about.

• Like 2

@Shaggy1my split veg cab I'd halfway set up lol

Finishing it off soon though, gotta get an actual run sorted over the weekend so maybe I'll find time then.

Yeah I asked oth about the cosmorrows and they assured me they can get hold of them very easily.

• Like 2

Just pulled the trigger on a single cosmorrow strip , not the 2.7μmol example but for the job in hand it'll be perfect, should be with me tomorrow according to DPD :skin_up:

• Like 1

@Shaggy1i think with power supply it was like 35 quid , I didn't get this one for oth unfortunately but when I'm in the market for a pair of the 2.7μmol strips oth will be getting my business (so like a fortnight hopefully)

• Like 2

@Shaggy1 Go for it dude seriously chuffed with the setup. As far as efficiency goes its impossible to beat. I had 6 mums, through process of elimination i’m now down to 3. 2 BLZ Bud and a NL5xHaze. 

All three are throwing out pistils so thought i’d take the opportunity to try and make a few seeds without a flower tent. I have a small branch of a Ace Malawi male hanging over one of the BLZ mums at the moment. Fingers crossed lol 

• Like 3

Lads I have no fuckin retinas lollol

That tiny little cosmorrow strip just straight up blinded me lol

Really impressed with it tbh , they actually don't look much straight out of the box but my word it packs a punch for a little propagation light.

Gonna go plumb it in and polish my garland tray and use it to light pics of my seeded cuts ...

• Like 4

@BilgePump lol quite a powerful wee beastie for the size man, reminds me a bit of one of those handheld inspection lamps you’d find in a mechanics garage. 

I went with the 15cm hanging height recommendation when I first got mine. I guess it must be SJ’s way to reduce the footprint and upsell the combined kits, especially for a larger space. Have tried playing with both versions of the grow light, the mums are happiest with the strip mounted at the top of the tent, roughly 30cm from the canopy, I doubt 40cm would be an issue either, still be plenty bright. Too bright for cuttings but thats easily sorted with a bit of cardboard to act as a shade :)

• Like 2

I've slung it up at a height of 2ft in a 60cm³ space so clipped to the top bar and stuck a pc fan in there on with a govee sat on the tray for a bit to see where its at for ambient temps but it's in the bottom half of my split tent for some reason, I feel like I want it in the top half so I can use the heat of the T5 below instead of a mat.

Either way I'm getting 23.6°c from the cosmorrow at tray level, hopefully the meager extraction shouldn't be too much once the T5 is in (just passively vented into the top of the big tent innit ... veg tent one side , drying tent the other both plumbed in to the flower tent via oversized ducting)

Back shortly...

• Like 2

Here’s a couple of shots of mine’s in action. Just the lesser model.

Does the job nicely and it’s usefully warm . I never had any extraction in here tho.large.C3D6438F-2A34-4079-A73C-691634521F39.jpeglarge.20EC55FC-8922-4847-9F98-D33A57EECD2C.jpeg

Edited by vapeOguy
Forgot something
  • Like 4