Secret Jardin Cosmorrow ‘Grow’ LED 20w

Smokey McBongface

I've not ordered a TNoled rig , just two additional full spectrum/bloom strips from dialaduck for 20 quid each and I've got a 3 way power supply and bracket kit coming from Germany so I've effectively built my own in dribs and drabs but not with the 2.4μmol strips just the standard ones , which if the blue spectrum one is anything to go by will do just fine as a 60x60 intermediary veg space :skin_up:

(Went for the three way power supply so I can run the two full specs the other blue strip in my separate 60x60 all off the same socket :D)

:yinyang:

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Smokey McBongface said:

3 bonsai mums doing their thing in the DP60 under the standard 20w strip :) 2 x BLZ Bud and a NL5xHaze. 

Can’t really see it in the photos but all three are putting on frost - the NL5xHaze especially. Really is a lot stinkier than I imagined they’d be!

large.67E8E803-B516-44BB-B18A-B10099C8F1E7-exif-remove.jpg
large.47F8A976-B9F0-4112-94C6-CAF969C9E240-exif-remove.jpglarge.B19E053B-2FC3-4831-BD51-57A519C21E03-exif-remove.jpglarge.AE213E07-D647-4CE7-B6E3-D68CFB33DF05-exif-remove.jpglarge.765FA68E-4E2D-4274-8794-6CBEE933D4B4-exif-remove.jpg

Now that is impressive @Smokey McBongface have had my eye on these since your first post.

Had thought about 2 for a 60×60 but having second thoughts on seeing this :yep:

Wonder why us UK fuds can only get the 3 line model here? Im gonna be sourcing a couple of the same 4 line models like yours from euroland in the new year :yep:

• Like 1

@Head Rose'n'Tail thats the standard three line one you see in the photos :) I haven't had the more powerful one hooked up since repotting, quite a bit of growth since then.

I probably would grab 2 of them for a 60x60 space mate, the DP60 is only 40cm deep, just the right amount of light for the area with 1 strip.

Edited by Smokey McBongface
  • Like 3

And I don't think we've even mentioned the fact you can vertically mount them , they're supplied with hanging hooks and two sizes of tent pole clips, nice touch secret jardin :skin_up:

• Like 3

I never noticed that mate, really cool stuff. In recent years they’re not a company i’ve paid much attention to but fuck me, the DP60 is sexy AF and this LED is an absolute BEAST. I’ve had a perv at their catalogue a few times, whatever they call the modular extract and filter kits, they look epic too - expensive though and prob not quite as satisfying as a DIY solution. I’m thinking it should be easy enough to remodel the existing light hangers for 3D printing, would be :george: to incorporate a fan mount for a 60mm fan just above the strips, or have the option to mount a fan at a 45 angle just off the corners.

• Like 1

@BilgePump the Malawi male I had for pollen chucking mate, never seen anything like him before. In decent soil with an abundance of N, he was thinking ‘fuck this, I refuse to flower when I can keep growing’.

Thought this is a fail, but i’ve found a single seed growing away on the BLZ, looks just like your profile pic :)

One seed to rule them all.. hopefully lol 

• Like 1

@Smokey McBongface I hear ya with the one seed to rule them all lol

I'm hoping for great things from the singular pip I pulled out of our Amsterdam Nights daytime keeper lol

We finished the jar last night and can confirm quite categorically that there was only one seed in the entire plant ( the entire tent , not found beans in any other plants)

I moved my perma blooming sxw to a different space , decided to ignore him for a bit, oooft he's still pumping out the love dust :unsure: And he's still under 24/0

• Like 1

@BilgePump I’ve only had one so far today but I had to reread Amsterdam Nights daytime keeper lol sounds like a great smoke and stable too, half of the battle won already :) 

I’ve been smoking away on this BLZ, found a few seeds but I hit her with a Celia male as a backup to the Malawi. Really interesting blend of sweet, spicy and sour, was the closest i’ve been in years to a whitey the other night lol 

The plan was to back cross her via the Malawi avoiding any more Afghan, but unless the single seed is a male i’ll have to have a rethink. 

You planning on keeping the perma blooming male around for a while? Any plans to freeze any of the love dust?

• Like 1

@Smokey McBongface I have no plans to keep or cull him right now, kinda just getting to know him really, ideally I'd like to keep him about until I've run a. The females that gave me the seed and b. Some of his progeny so I can get a proper feel for what he brings to the table.

Got space will let grow.

He only really needs to worry about the DawgCilla I just put down, a stinker of a bloke out of them could easily see him ousted I fear lol

• Like 1

Just thrown up a "bloom" strip in place of the 6500k cold white, pretty impressed with that one too I think!

I'll pop in for a look at temps /lst etc in a bit.

Oh I'm excited for the 3 way supply lol

• Like 3

I've been thinking about i.r but if I'm honest uv scares me a bit lol

Mate I'm literally wandering around the house eying up potential stealth grow cabs lol "Three cosmorrows in the dishwasher would be ace, there's a vent brick back there" kinda thoughts :unsure:lol

• Like 1