Secret Jardin Cosmorrow ‘Grow’ LED 20w

Smokey McBongface

Accidentally discovered by flowering the NL5xHaze for a few weeks and then taking a cut, it’s possible to root it back in the DP60 18/6 without losing any pistils.

Dusted her with psycho pollen from the freezer, must be around 2 years old but it seems to have done the job nicely :) 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 15/09/2022 at 4:09 PM, Smokey McBongface said:

DP60 with the COP2065
large.rsz_img_0025.jpg

I was seduced buy these in the local grow shop - How are they performing, @Smokey McBongface?

I bought two 18 inch ones, a couple of days ago, but the shop had run out of 'ballasts'.

{Looking to replace my old t5 fluorescents and also to get used to LED - never having tried LED before.}

{Seems t5 are going to be redundant soon {2023}

If the LED 20w product isn't reliable, at this stage I can return it as still in packaging.

I use those airpots, too - really like them. 

• Like 1

@Oakapple Couldn’t rate these any higher to be honest mate, not without sounding like a SJ sales rep :cowboy:

Been playing with both grow variations in rotation, the standard one is ideal for seeds, clones and bonsai mums, the upgraded one is perfect for training pre flower tent. 

Incredible little strips, no doubt about it :) 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Smokey McBongface said:

@Oakapple Couldn’t rate these any higher to be honest mate, not without sounding like a SJ sales rep :cowboy:

Been playing with both grow variations in rotation, the standard one is ideal for seeds, clones and bonsai mums, the upgraded one is perfect for training pre flower tent. 

Incredible little strips, no doubt about it :) 

Well, that's a ringing endorsement for sure :yep:

I was in a queue at the grow shop and was stood next to to a bud box with just one of these in it- and was impressed by the dazzle

But 'Proof of the pudding is in the eating'...and your 'Pudding' looks healthy and thriving.

Electric prices are huge at moment - so any savings to be made are welcomed-

Plus the old T5 are bulky

What is the optimum height to hang these for seedlings ? the T5 can get pretty close without probs - don't want to be shocking my young ones.

• Like 1

@Oakapple Yep as you say, with electric prices as they are these little strips are ideal man. Combined with a PC fan, saves even more power :) 

Around 25cm works well and doesn’t compromise the footprint too much. If you keep an eye on stretch and adjust as needed you can’t really go wrong. 

For unrooted clones somewhere around 50-60cm, if thats not doable a few sheets of paper over the dome does the trick :) 

Edited by Smokey McBongface
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

My 100w rig.

large.DSC_0298.JPG

Ive only got two small mums rn so don't need the strips split into two levels... whacked em all on the 5 way bracket :skin_up:

They keep plants proper compact with decent internodal spacing, ive got 8 bubblegum ice-cream in one litres and a few small cuts and mums under it.

The bgic are up next, 9 inches tall with about 16 tops each , loving life under the strips :D

Once again thank you @Smokey McBongface

:yinyang:

• Like 4

@BilgePump looks great man, wonder what the cost saving is vs something with a similar footprint.

They’re not directly comparable, but my 300w Lumatek means less to me than a single one of these strips :) 

The other thread yesterday prompted me to have a look at SJ’s website. It looks like they’ve phased out the original grow and bloom, 2.4 and 2.7 now as standard. 

Wonder if that means deals available to clear old stock. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Smokey McBongface said:

Wonder if that means deals available to clear old stock. 

Probably yeah, they're cheap as shit wholesale so i assume there's deals to be had (Adam accidentally sent me the wrong colour once , straight up let me keep it and sent the correct one asap)

:yinyang:

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Seems there’s a new version of the 20w/50cm for 2024.

Up from the previous COP20BL PPE2.4 - COP20FS PPE2.85. Back to three led channels instead of 4.

large.IMG_0017.jpeg.d59b7fcde510c31fd21eeda8f984499c.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1