The Original Big Buddha Family Farms seeds

buddybill

breeders breed fems because its more convenient for the end user, thats the only reason, nothing to do with herms.

its to do with market demands. 

As for big buddhas regs, well im saying nothing, other than the blokes a fraud. i mentioned it on page 1 or 2....they used to have decent blue cheese, thats about it imho, its long gone

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

nothing to do with herms.

its to do with market demands. 

Kinda like plant DRM too cos it removes half of the line, bottlenecking your ability to reproduce those seeds. Autofems were the pinnacle of that, cos (just for the uninitiated) you can't take cuts off an auto thus forcing you to buy seeds again and again.

Edited by GSZZ
  • Like 9

Just now, GSZZ said:

Autofems were the pinnacle of that

If you look at the state of auto breeding stock now, it does make you worried for the future of cannabis a bit.

I don't like it, but my vision of the future is that autos become the dominant seeds and photoperiod stock slowly diminishes and gets harder to acquire. Whilst at the same time regular auto strains are still next to impossible to come by to do your own thing.
We look back and yearn to the strains of yesteryear that we've lost today, I worry in future when we look back the situation will be far worse. Or perhaps it's just what our industry needs and what we end up with is less breeders that are more genuinely invested in what they are doing with photoperiods.

Either way, I think Autofems are only just starting to come into their own...they aren't a massive issue right now, but they will be in the future.

/rant Let's get a bit more on topic.

Been looking at Amsterdam menus recently as I have a trip coming up. Noticed Exo Cheese on the menu - hoping it's still on the menu when I get there and it's the real thing.
Even more intriging though, on the same menu was a strain that I'm pretty sure was called C3 - Might have been C5 but I'm 95% confident it was C3. Described as a fruity 16 weeker.... Could it be?!

Not sure that was much more on topic either. Fuck Milo lol That's better

• Like 2

On 02/07/2022 at 7:44 AM, Exhale said:

Big fat bastard buddha aka Milo aka dickhead is a joke, the only Cheese he has is the collection under his foreskin.

Bloke is a joke and so are those seeds.

Give up the Cheese chase now, save you a lot of time and dissappointment, if you can't get a legit cut then don't bother because there is just so much shit surrounding this the skidmarks are still evident 20 years later.

Seriously, don't put money in his pocket he'll spend it on little girls in Thailand. 

the guys a bell end! I was helping zoro out from red eye magazine in his last year battle with cancer he had a lot to do with the fat cheeser and told a few stories about the knob head I wouldn’t put anything in that guys pockets apart from a stick of dynamite.

• Like 2

Just now, Owderb said:

It will be. Its been on the menu years :yep: 

Owd

:(
Cheers for setting it straight, least I didn't get my hopes up.

Another thing most don’t mention, is that the people on forums say they want worked lines and whatnot, but then want cheap packs of regs and want to be able to F2 them and hand them out or resell them themselves. How many people out there want to take the time to do actual selecting and breeding for years to make nothing monetarily compared to what chuckers make and watch others just knock their work off? Also, just the market these days. People straight up hoard seeds or try to snatch everything up to resell. These chuckers will never stop pumping out all of these poly hybrids when they’re making big money. Chuckers are buying Ferraris and shit for cash. Look at the few breeders out there these days with worked stuff. People aren’t that interested in them and even with “limited release” packs, they still sit around. It’s all dumb. Late stage capitalism and whatnot.

Edited by SnakePlissken
  • Like 6

Guest Default Attribute

Surprised anyone bothers with autos anymore, waste of electricity running your lights 18+ hours a day when you can easily get away with a few weeks veg then 12 12 all the way, especially when the product is not likely to be premium weed at the end, what if you get that one good plant that you absolutely love? its gone forever after you have smoked it, no cuts or mothers. No benefits at all, id rather crop a 9 week plant 2 weeks early if it is time that they say is the main benefit. 

Thought about growing autos a few times but it is really no quicker or easier than proper seeds and would never grow anything that milo has had anything to do with

Edited by Default Attribute
  • Like 1

On 16/03/2012 at 2:03 AM, Owderb said:

I wasnt going to post this because the last thing I want to do is start an argument but i thought it needed saying

Its just to make those that are not aware that most of the advertising and offers today in our industry is geared towards female/auto/autofems seeds. Now this is not to debate on whether there's a market for them because there blatantly is and a lot of money is being earned from them. Its just to plant a few of my own seeds hopefully into at least a few members ethic responders

And that message is that you all ought to take a step back and think about what damage is being done to the cannabis gene pool with less and less folk growing natural seeds. You have to think where are all them crosses and hacks that are done at any hobby growers growroom going to disappear to if there are less and less males around. The special pheno's that are found will be drastically reduced

Now not for a minute am I saying its on its knees just yet but if what is going on now carries on for years then it will be a big worry imo

Unfortunately in todays society we want everything now with as little effort or thinking as possible involved and we always want it yesterday hence female and auto seeds being popular

Its a bit like nature, you think everythings ok and before you know it an animal/insect/plant becomes extinct

I'm not preaching here its just something for those that do care to maybe at least think about if they havent thought about it before

Good luck no matter what you grow

Owd

Owd

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, Default Attribute said:

Surprised anyone bothers with autos anymore, waste of electricity running your lights 18+ hours a day when you can easily get away with a few weeks veg then 12 12 all the way, especially when the product is not likely to be premium weed at the end, what if you get that one good plant that you absolutely love? its gone forever after you have smoked it, no cuts or mothers. No benefits at all, id rather crop a 9 week plant 2 weeks early if it is time that they say is the main benefit. 

Thought about growing autos a few times but it is really no quicker or easier than proper seeds and would never grow anything that milo has had anything to do with

I think it's all about perspective bud.
Me, you and everyone else here are happy to hunt through a pack of reg seeds, keep mothers for years and share them out. We mostly grow indoors and can control our environments and light cycles quite easily.

Now imagine one day that cannabis actually becomes more akin to other farming industries. Farmers aren't going to be keeping and cloning hundreds of thousands of plants each year, they'll want to plant seeds. So they'll most likely want a feminised product that is less work. Then when you ask them, do you want a plant that flowers depending upon the amount of light you get so you get less harvests a year or more expense having to use light dep or would you rather a plant that flowers and finishes after a set time irrespective of light conditions? I imagine they would pick the auto...

Baudelaire did a good article about it on his website and I think he's got a very valid point.

It's also worth remembering that autos are still relateively young. I'm sure in 10 years time the average quality of them will be much higher still.

The biggest worry with autos is exactly what @Owderb said in his quoted post above. I can point you to a bunch of different quality autos right now. Every single one of them is feminised. Trying to find a good auto to breed with though, that's next to impossible.
Just checked attitude, currently in stock are a whole 11 different regular auto strains from 6 breeders.
They include hits such as Sensi Seeds Ruderalis Indica lollol

I think there is a place for everything in this world. Fems and regs. But one should not come at the expense of the other.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

and told a few stories about the knob head

Dish the dirt then...,don't leave me this way 

15 hours ago, GSZZ said:

Kinda like plant DRM too cos it removes half of the line, bottlenecking your ability to reproduce those seeds. Autofems were the pinnacle of that, cos (just for the uninitiated) you can't take cuts off an auto thus forcing you to buy seeds again and again.

@GSZZ 

If a grower walks into a seedbank and if all the Strains  on Offer are Femini$ed & Autoflower 

then Growers are being Forced to buy Crap Genetics. ( They have Not got any other choice)

Growers are being made to Think that Femini$ed & Autoflower are Superior to Regular Seeds  

Because Supposedly Fem/Auto are the Result Of Progress in Breeding ect ect.

A lot of Growers Don't know that Feminized & Autoflower are Inferior Plants/Genetics. 

And that Regular Are Superior Genetics. 

There Is Way Too much confusion out there. 

I am so Glad that I have been Rightly Guided

from Day 1.

Big Up Cannabis Collage Amsterdam & The Staff that Have worked there and the Staff that still Educate. 

Skunkman.uk 

On A Skunkedelic Vibe 

• Like 1

@Owderb dont watch the latest strain hunters they say 85% of all the growers in south africa grow exodus cheese landrace nearly totally gone 

• Like 2