The Original Big Buddha Family Farms seeds

buddybill

Just now, Fatboy77 said:

@Grimweeder thats a bit of a dodgy approach.  The last few strains I've grown have each had a plant I thought very little of, but had keepers in the same pack.

If you somehow chance upon the worst offering you could inadvertently write off a decent strain through an outlier.

Oh don’t get me wrong I know mate an I know one plant doesn’t tell me anything about the strain. But seriously if you knew how many packs of seeds I have now you’d see why I don’t wanna potentially waste time if the one plant I do is just mids at best.

I mean I did a couple of in houses blue Java across 2 different grows and both plants had no terps but that was under hps. And im now running led so am getting better results anyway but it’s gonna likely be a while before I risk putting another blue Java on again just cos I can only run 8 plants a time max an I can get maybe 3 crops done in a year if im lucky so really would rather put beans on I’ve had good results from already or ones I’ve not done at all yet.

But I defo agree with your sentiment there mate just like I said given the genetics and what I grew 13-15 years ago if this one plant is terpless i think I can safely assume it’s not worth running the rest. (with this specific strain at least)  Back in the day I’ve done several packs of cheese a blue cheese a never had a plant that was terpless till I did the barneys farm version a few years later. 

Edited by Grimweeder

4 hours ago, Grimweeder said:

Oh of course not lol  but I figured considering the genetics involved if this one plant has like no smell/terps like the last  5 barneys blue cheese I did (where only one had a very faint blue cheese smell) a decade ago nearly then I at least know there’s likely not much point wasting time on the other beans in the hope I get terps. If it has terps an is very blue cheese or skunky but just isn’t keeper worthy then that’s fine imo an il do some more to look for a keeper. 

Sounds like I got lucky with my one Barney's Blue Cheese seed I grew last grow, as I'm loving it, I picked theirs based on feedback on here.

It's probably not the most stable line but theres definitely a decent pheno to be had.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying the pheno I grew is the best version of BC tho, the old school clone was way better, just this one is very nice even my mate said it leaves a nice taste in his mouth.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

@Military Grade I grew the blue cheese back around 07 and the smell and taste was unbelievable you could about chew on the taste and I stunk out a whole floor of a hotel rolling a joint in my room never lit just rolled it lol

• Like 8

Went to Amsterdam in April went to Barneys vendor said they didnt run that strain anymore because it was too unstable!

Said they biscotti mintz that was there new best seller but tried some and didnt fancy buying seeds of it. RQS posters and seeds were everywhere so thought I'd give there  blue cheese a go since it was the only one I could find. 

Just now, kc stoner said:

Went to Amsterdam in April went to Barneys vendor said they didnt run that strain anymore because it was too unstable!

Said they biscotti mintz that was there new best seller but tried some and didnt fancy buying seeds of it. RQS posters and seeds were everywhere so thought I'd give there  blue cheese a go since it was the only one I could find. 

I found that Barney’s seeds themselves are unstable had bad success recently with their mimosa evo. Years back 2010 never had a problem I’m a saddo and have a huge seed collection and noticed over past few years with all these new strains the seed quality even in the packaging is terrible light green seeds some cracked not just barneys but quality isn’t there no more just my opinion. Good luck with your blue cheese massive cheese fan here ;) 

• Like 1

Imoa cheese is a resesive gene when crossed so you ether need to find that rare plant to cross it with. I think a lot of the earlier offering were not F1/R1 but Bx because having the best cheese sold seeds & everyone was jumping on the band wagon at the same time. Freeze cheese was a perfect example it absolutely glistening with trichcombes yet it didn't get you high & worse yet had zero smell making both parents better. It just wasn't ready for market & needed working further. It was just the hype of the mighty freeze hardy ness & the cheese stink that produced instant sale's. The real sad thing is it wouldn't take a lot to made this so much better. Here is why I think it was released. Instead of doing test run a lot of people go all in & full rooms with seeded plants & need to recover some of the costs. This isn't breeding but seed making. As said by others a lot of Spanish seed makers corner this market & its terribly sad. Even more so when you realise these seed makers often mix up clones,  pollen,  cross pollen contamination & even use diesiesed plant's. Barney's farm I have heard people say outsourced seed makers for everyone of their cultivars once the initial cross is made. The seed industry really is a mess.

• Like 6

Just now, Fatboy77 said:

I'm sure there's more, anyone help?  

I got my cheese cut off a mate at least 15 years ago, I can make up a name for it if you like? lol

How about 'I can't believe it's not Cheese'?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Greenfingers95 said:

I found that Barney’s seeds themselves are unstable had bad success recently with their mimosa evo. Years back 2010 never had a problem I’m a saddo and have a huge seed collection and noticed over past few years with all these new strains the seed quality even in the packaging is terrible light green seeds some cracked not just barneys but quality isn’t there no more just my opinion. Good luck with your blue cheese massive cheese fan here ;) 

Try the subbies we make more of an effort sending in beans in vials I selected only the ripest beans too if you don't mind running regs that is

• Like 5

Cheeses:

Wizards, suicide, brightside, exodus, jah's, OSG's, blue

I'm sure there's more, anyone help?  

All out there and ranging from chemical to sickly sweet tastes.

If only someone would get them in the same place and have a cheese off!

You forgot the smelly nelly, psychosis Exodus crew cheese cuts :no:. I am sure their was another cut they offered but I can't think of it. So I will wait for some to tell me it & give my the head nodding emoji now to :unsure: but a win is a win right & the list get bigger :yinyang:

On 28/08/2023 at 2:59 PM, Fatboy77 said:

I'd want to run at least 10 seeds of In House to have even the slightest chance of finding something decent.  A few will herm, several will be shite (and terp-less), most will be average and you might get one very decent example.

this is not the results I’ve had with their seeds at all if anything the exact opposite. I do 8 a time and most are in house genetics so far they have all been amazing every plant besides the blue Java which were still nice just no terps and I own at least 30 of their strains (so not a small sample selection of strains) and have done at least a couple from each one with the exception of maybe a few packs (smackin and a few reg packs I got).

Those 2 blue Java are the only 2 I’ve had with no terps and they was when I was running hps. Since running led (only did 2-3 grows with in house stuff with hps before switching) pretty much every plant I’ve done of theirs has been worthy of running again at least once.  and I’ve found several keepers I’d want to run and have ran more than a couple times. Just found a dolato that’s worth keeping and it was the first one planted from the pack again same with their snowflurry first one was 10/10 ticked all boxes. whilst I only kept the dolato from this grow the other 7 plants were still dank as fuck (nearly kept the terple too but figured I could find better as it was also a first bean) Not had any plant I would consider even close to mids and every plant has been at least an 8/10. I’ve had 2 plants throw a few balls early flower that were removed and never came back and one of the plants was stupid fire ( I don’t remember the other tbh) so glad I didn’t kill her then but never kept as she took nearly 12 weeks (and the balls obviously) 

usually there’s at least one plant per grow that I want to keep indefinitely or at least run again to make sure if I do or don’t want it. 

Been growing their genetics since about half way through 2019 pretty much consistently along with the odd cannarado mostly (but I got quit a few other breeders too) an can honestly say besides ugorg who when I was doing theirs back in 2011-18 and every female plant was pretty much a potential keeper I’ve not had genetics as good in a long time an my bud has honestly never been better quality.

(I don’t buy or take clones off people, last time I did the bud was just ok (apple fritter) and I got bugs with them too after the guy swore he was bug free.  so never again especially with this viroid going around. 

I only have 2 keepers right now but they were both the first bean of each plant, I had 3 but lost the snowflurry last grow. I have the dolato and an exotic genetics artificial red which is real tasty a kinda like hooch with a skunky funk going on again first bean I planted. So far it’s going quit well and I’m finding a lot of great plants and minimal herms if any each grow. I did have a couple others I tried to keep but as I had no mother tent then  I lost them eventually. But I got a mother tent/light etc now so can keep my best plants easier.  

shit sorry for the long post again lol  

36 minutes ago, Fatboy77 said:

Shite smoke, worse than average.  A bit terpy, touch of gas, just a real shit high.

And that looks like it'll blow your tits off. Just goes to show looks and trichs aren't everything, doesn't it?

• Like 4

Let me just put this out for anyone wondering why I have used these white label companies in my breeding but don't recommend them. He's is the thing I don't mind a lot of variation from seed to seed. Ot dosent bother me if I put 200 seeds outdoor & get 2 worth doing anything with. See the thing is their not for growing bud but large selections outdoor. The more variation the better in my situation because I only need 1 plant before it will only be used as a out cross. Totally different if you want to grow a uniform crop of plant's then go else were with your cash. But my experience of in house as been very shocking do far I must say. Yes I may find a keeper out of 10 seeds 2 strains but honestly the verification in phenos is massive. 

• 4 months later...

Has any one grown & smoked the Cheese Strian  (in Regular) from Big Bhudda Family Farms .

From Big Bhuddas New Seed Bank A Brand New Offering. 

I am Curious about what it's like,

Is it very Close to The Exudos Cheese, Because that is the Aim of the  Cheese Breeders, To Isolate The Exodus Cheese In SeedForm so that its available to whoever wants it.

Because not everyone knows someone with a Cheese Mother  to get some clones off.

Skunkman.uk 

Edited by Skunkman.uk
Add words