The Original Big Buddha Family Farms seeds

buddybill

No the  collective started properly around 92  by that I mean seriously having squats as a base negotiated on a lease which was the farm. Before that they had done smaller gatherings then it snowballed quick. Lovelite  did stuff  pre exodus. 

Edited by Arthur Mix
Spelling
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I thought Exodus Collective started in the 80's? Or at least the cut of cheese was around before 1992

E2a: found this online.

The legendary strain that is 'Cheese' has an interesting history, and it all happened here, in the UK. Back in the 1980's a group of ravers and cannabis fans calling themselves The Exodus Collective discovered they had an exceptional individual plant when they grew out some Skunk #1 seeds.

I believe that is the same article discussing Milo isn't it?
At the very least, the info is badly worded there.

Just now, SkyRider said:

I believe that is the same article discussing Milo isn't it?
At the very least, the info is badly worded there.

No mate

9 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

No the  collective started properly around 92  by that I mean seriously having squats as a base negotiated on a lease which was the farm. Before that they had done smaller gatherings then it snowballed quick. Lovelite  did stuff  pre exodus. 

But the same guys had the Cheese cut in 1988 onwards?

Royal Queen Seeds

WHERE DID CHEESE COME FROM?  The original Cheese strain emerged in the 1980s under mysterious circumstances. Legend has it that California cultivator Sam “the Skunkman” moved to the Netherlands to get serious about growing. He brought with him the iconic strain of his creation, Skunk #1. This became popular among Dutch cultivators because of its quick turnaround time. A recurring problem, however, was that the smell from the plants was too strong; so strong it would be hard to avoid attracting unwanted attention. When one batch of Skunk seeds found its way to the UK in 1988, something peculiar happened.  A cultivator in South East England found that the resulting plant had a distinctly cheesy stench. Noting the massive yields from this plant, they cloned it and saw its success spread throughout the UK. It proliferated at several festivals and alternative communities throughout the 1990s, becoming the strain of choice for those in the budding rave scene. Whatever happened to that batch of seeds, it resulted in creating a Cheese cannabis plant. The strength of its taste and its high led to increased demand. Today, it's pretty common throughout the UK and in any jurisdiction where cannabis is legal.

All info seems to say the same.

Disclaimer: everything I'm posting has nothing to do with the milo or big Buddha debate, just about the real Cheese.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Military Grade said:

No mate

The legendary strain that is ’Cheese‘ has an interesting history, and it all happened here, in the UK.

Back in the 1980’s a group of ravers and cannabis fans calling themselves The Exodus Collective discovered they had an exceptional individual plant when they grew out some  Skunk #1 seeds.

The Exodus Collective lived in a squatted Manor House just outside Luton where they were in the habit of growing plenty of weed. HAZ Manor as it was called was a hub for the free party scene along with an enthusiastic involvement in the campaign for the legalisation of pot.

It was the Exodus Collective sound system, on the back of an ex-army Bedford truck, which led the legalisation marches through Brixton to Brockwell Park in South London in the early noughties.

Word of this Exodus strain spread through the cannabis community reaching the ears, and lungs, of Milo, a talented grower and breeder from Birmingham.

I won't post the rest of the article cause it's just arse licking Milo. Either way, I'll skip on that one as being a reliable source lol

It'd be lovely to know the real history of cheese. The internet can't even agree on whether it was the exodus collective that grew it out or whether they were given it by someone else. Most seem to speculate that it was Sacred Seed stock that Sam worked further on his journey to RKS that eventually became the seeds that were grown out.

Looks like the article you posted just copy pasted that part from freedom seeds

Edited by Military Grade

It is from there bud. As I said originally, it's an article discussing Milo. They name drop him 4 times in 2 paragraphs.

• Like 1

Loads of reliable cheese info in the boards, particularly if you search by member @cf

Edited by Cambium
  • Like 8

@Military Grade when Exodus started the herb mainly smoked was red beard bush lol irc wasn’t till HAZ happened that they started being really self sufficient with weed. 

• Like 6

Just now, SkyRider said:

It is from there bud. As I said originally, it's an article discussing Milo. They name drop him 4 times in 2 paragraphs.

Ah I didn't read further down as I was only interested in the origins of cheese part. As I said my posts are purely about the origins not this milo/Buddha bloke, I don't care about that lol

• Like 2

@Arthur Mix red beard!! Man we used to get a lot of that pass through my little Devon town in the late 90's , takes me back that does!!

:yinyang:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Military Grade said:

I see the Attitude insta story about him breaking away to starting his own company.

Just rereading this thread and this jumped out at me ....

.....I'm fully prepared to be corrected here but....

Big Buddha has left big Buddha seeds to start his own company?!?

The actual fuck?

Isn't it his company in the first place??  

I'm clearly missing something here ..

:yinyang:

• Like 5

Not 100% on this but I believe when Milo changed the cheese seeds from regs to fems he had greenhouse help him to feminize them and in the process they became the people manufacturing the seeds can’t remember the source it’ll be years old. So I’m guess he lost his company back in like 2010 or at least lost control of a substantial amount of it. That’s my guess anyway but the thing about green house making the beans im certain is right 

• Like 2