The Original Big Buddha Family Farms seeds

buddybill

54 minutes ago, HazyHashMan said:

a lot of people slat him on this forum tbh and don’t know if that’s justified.

I think people have a go at him for the wrong reasons. The common argument seems to be that he never had the cheese cut. I think there's a bit of ego involved in all that.
However, what he should be slated on is claiming to have backcrossed it 6 times or something in about 6 months lol  And of course all the other lies to go along with his story.

I don't know what the quality of his seeds are like, but in terms of lies, he seems to be one of the more blatant ones out there, just making shit up to fit his story. Isn't he currently claiming to have first got cheese in the early 90s... before exodus lollollol

The Original Big Buddha Family Farms managed to secure an original cheese clone circa 1990.

Pretty sure the exodus lot got the cut around '95?. Remember the cut itself was only first grown in '88. Either way, that story stinks to high hell.

• Like 2

@SkyRider I have seen people on here mention he got a cheese cutting from here. Whether that was the one used I don’t know could be horse shit but this is a copy and paste off Buddhas site in 2005 

History about the Big Buddha
Now as you may know I have been writing articles for Weed world for a while now, As well as providing a few pictures of the Cheese, In the meantime, during the last two years I have also had the opportunity to find myself an excellent location somewhere in the southern Mediterranean regions of Spain. When I acquired a cheese cutting back in early 2002 I started a little side work on a cheese crossed with this excellent true landrace Afghani male”

If that’s true he had cheese in 2002 which would have given him 2 years to backcross. Possible but still pretty quick in that timeframe still. I remember him saying he had collected like 9 or something different cheese cuts whether that be true or not he might have had cheese cuts in 2002 and beyond. As for the 90s part on his site he never said he had it in the 90s just about exodus/haz manner having it then.

But like you say seems a lot of the hate he gets is for the wrong reasons. I’m not defending him just that some of the stories told about him don’t add up and it seems that it’s mostly just this particular forum that has a vendetta against him. I mean at the end of the day there is no difference between what Buddha did with cheese than ugorg done with blues and most people have a Barney at him using the clone name in his seeds but someone else does it and nobody bats an eyelid ? Well I did see one forum member mention it years ago but seems they got banned shortly after for arguing about it with said sponsor.

• Like 3

Just now, HazyHashMan said:

As for the 90s part on his site he never said he had it in the 90s just about exodus/haz manner having it then.

That 90s part is a quote taken direct from his sales pitch on his new cheese.

Introducing the best and original Cheese genetic from The Original Big Buddha Family Farms.
Over the past 30-plus years, Cheese has changed into many forms, whether it by seed version or just naturally adapting to the
conditions it had been kept in. The Original Big Buddha Family Farms managed to secure an original cheese clone circa 1990. It was given to them by an infamous character named Zorro Editor and owner of Red Eye magazine.Admittedly, it was out of their hands, and they ended up using other similar cheeses genetics which were just as good, but not the original. In around 2004, the cut of the Original Cheese was gifted to a good friend and thankfully, they were able to recover it.
The Original Cheese clone gives small, but perfectly formed seeds and it is known to be difficult to breed.
The feminised donor was a cheese that was selected from their seed range, this generation 3 cheese backcross had the necessary genes to produce a very pungent and excellent feminised seed by crossing it to the said original clone.

1 minute ago, HazyHashMan said:

If that’s true he had cheese in 2002 which would have given him 2 years to backcross.

it was out of their hands, and they ended up using other similar cheeses genetics which were just as good, but not the original. In around 2004, the cut of the Original Cheese was gifted to a good friend and thankfully, they were able to recover it.

His story is quite contradicting, isn't it? lol  His own sales pitch claims he got cheese "circa 1990" and then he got it again in 2004, a year before he released it, backcrossed a silly amount of times apparently...

You can certainly see why people doubt his story anyway. I would.

3 minutes ago, HazyHashMan said:

it seems that it’s mostly just this particular forum that has a vendetta against him.

Nah, you can look on other forums and you'll see people bitch about Buddha and his cheese too. It's not just here, it's just this site probably has more of the back story about him than most.

4 minutes ago, HazyHashMan said:

I mean at the end of the day there is no difference between what Buddha did with cheese than ugorg done with blues and most people have a Barney at him using the clone name in his seeds but someone else does it and nobody bats an eyelid ?

I think the difference is integrity. Had VRG been begging people on this forum for a cut of blues and then under a year later release a seedline that he claimed was back crossed 5 times or whatever, people would probably question his honesty too..
That's his big downfall to me, honesty. If he's going to make up stories about what he is selling, then why would you trust anything from him? From what I hear though, some of his early seeds were actually pretty decent and some good cuts found from them. Obviously not cheese, but not a million miles off.

• Like 3

@SkyRider Yeah does seem fishy, i think the circa 1990 thing on his new site is just bad wording as even he knows the origin of cheese. But as for his begging for clones on here in 2004 doesn't sound great. Does milo have an account on here then ?

I did see a crowdfundraiser supposidely made by the new seedbank asking for handouts. It made £20 lol Would have thought after all these years he'd have enough change tucked away to open a seedbank surely

• Like 2

Of course  the original cheese will make a comeback, everyone will have  the original  old skool skunk clone soon, it'll be  just like has the old widow, the old ssh that every fukka has all of a sudden again isnet :wassnnme:

lol

• Like 7

@HazyDaze I do wonder sometimes whether some of these "Originals" have just been hunted and refound in modern day seeds. I've been looking for a lot of oldschool the last couple years and have had babysick widow, a few different cheese cuts psychosis from 2 sources and a lovely ssh that i don't have cuz i couldn't clean her. The ssh was at least 7 years old but before that who knows. I would be surprised if it was from the 90s but sometimes people surprise you. A local old boy has had some clones of his own phenos he kept going for 10+ years

Edited by HazyHashMan
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, HazyDaze said:

Of course  the original cheese will make a comeback, everyone will have  the original  old skool skunk clone soon, it'll be  just like has the old widow, the old ssh that every fukka has all of a sudden again isnet :wassnnme:

lol

Coming in with the Shattered Dreams like Gold Dust lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3

The guys a tool, he tried, or did patent cheese so no one else could use the name the bellend.

He got groomed by greenhose seeds for the cut if my mind serves me correct. Think it came 1st in a cup, Greenhouse seeds went straight over, offered him a million and help setting up a seed company,offered to give him fem seeds to get him going from the cross they make with it .

He also gifted it to all the US subcool etc shame it’s prob not even the real cut.

Ages back I did grow some of his seeds which were cheese seeds before I knew of the guys shit character and girl like tendency's. 

I think the seeds come out no resemblance to cheese and smelt like lemon.

Don’t put money in that guys pocket.

I think he’s back in the UK with his tail between his legs prob waiting to snake someone out of another clone he can try and sell to greenhouse the slippery rat

Obviously his funds ran dry and he’s back living on top a Chinese takeaway...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, HazyHashMan said:

@Hey-yo Says he used the 2004 clone of cheese he got off ‘zorro’ or something along those lines. As for the male who knows, a lot of people slat him on this forum tbh and don’t know if that’s justified. I heard he had great seeds when they were regs. Can’t speak on the fems, did grow a load but never flowered them out but the stem rubs were lovely more leaning to the berry side than cheese though. 

He did claim years ago when he was breeding cheese that he had about 9 different cuts and used the best one. His Buddha cheese clone still circulates around so it’ll be cheese something in those beans. I’ll have to keep my eye out for diaries and see what they come off cuz it would be cool to use a male for some cheese crosses if it’s any good 

Thanks for the reply guys.

Yeah when he originally opened big buddha seeds he used the cut he got from zoro in 04 from Birmingham i believe. This cut was outcrossed to a pure afghan he calls the kali and then from there backcrossed back to the clone 2-3 times which created the big buddha cheese (bbc). It seems he lost that clone and im not sure if zoro is still on the scene. But recently while opening his new company and revealing he has required the clone he seems to be promoting jah alot. Which is why im thinking is he using jah's clone.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Smokey McBongface said:

@Hey-yo I would keep an eye on the subbies list here mate. A few are holding cheese cuts be able to ask directly. From what I can see and have heard, it wouldn’t surprise me if Cheese makes a commercial comeback shortly. Lots are saying they’re fed up of Stardawg and wish cheese would come back. 

Yeah alot of people still claim to hold the original clone, but ive seen very very few with anything like cheese famers clone. It was cheese famer and wingcomander blue who found the cutting. Brightside himself had the same cut. I belive it was also brightside himself who gave the original cutting to franco to make their exodus cheese. Most people seem to have a outcross or something and very few now seem to hold the original clone.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 1:00 PM, Smokey McBongface said:

@Hey-yo I would keep an eye on the subbies list here mate. A few are holding cheese cuts be able to ask directly. From what I can see and have heard, it wouldn’t surprise me if Cheese makes a commercial comeback shortly. Lots are saying they’re fed up of Stardawg and wish cheese would come back. 

Literally the reason i posted this ive enjoyed the stardawg for a good few years now. but unfortunately around me its gotten pretty "mild and generic" is just the crosses of stardawg that im finding have the decent quality gmo x stardawg be nice but its total daywrecker to smoke a decent amount.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember when he got shamed by the actual Exodus crew members on another forum. They even got Jim brightside on for a short while. Big Buddha didn't even know what cut he got at the rave because they labelled all their cuts as cheese. Only a few remembered him & that was as a pain moaning for cuts at the raves. He's a absolute Bell end imoa that never breed a single worth while strain but had the brass next to patent someone else's :fart:

• Like 4

@brock1 Everyone i know who has had encounters with Milo have all said he was a lovely bloke. People all over this forum raved about his gear too when they was regular seeds and clones like hottie came from his stuff, can't be all that bad init