Cobbing adventues

highgrower

I've been wandering how you were doing mate, glad to see you back :hippy:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

I've been wandering how you were doing mate, glad to see you back :hippy:

Thank you brother. 

It was the difficulty posting, liking and even changing pages that got to me and slowly i just didn't bother.

It's good to be back.

I hope to show a few cobs at some point.

• Like 1

Yeah it could get pretty frustrating, starting to feel like a distant memory already :hippy:

• Like 2

@Hombre del Montewelcome back you timed it well as the site was only just upgraded.

I didnt managed to get much cobbing done on my last lot due to a mountain gold going hermie and having very seeded bud in parts.

I have some very mature cobs atm some from the start of this thread which i too need to take a tolerance break to fully enjoy - i bought myself a ball vape for xmas and wow this thing fcks me up in a most nice way.

• Like 2

@highgrower, thanks for the welcome back brother.

Seeded weed, according to brother Tangwena, is the way to go for making the very best cobs! He actually let's his plants get seeded on purpose. 

Personally I've never tried it and don't particularity intend too, unless by accident. 

I've been a bit lapse for the last few months; My daughter came out for holiday and got me back to smoking spliffs again, so my munching has gone from 100mg to more like a gram. Still gets me wasted though 🙂

But tomorrow I intend to stop smoking again and very soon I'll be down to taking 200mg and talking nonsense.

I'm really liking the functionality of the upgrade. 

• Like 2

I think i must have lost about 50-60% of the potential yield of the grow - a zamadelica came in at about 2oz to actually weigh up at about 1/2 when all the seeds were removed - that was the worst one to be fair but it so upsetting when breaking a bud apart over a bowl and hearing 'ping ping ping ping ping ping' and a bud which should be a few joints worth is barely enough to fill a vape.

14 hours ago, highgrower said:

I think i must have lost about 50-60% of the potential yield of the grow - a zamadelica came in at about 2oz to actually weigh up at about 1/2 when all the seeds were removed - that was the worst one to be fair but it so upsetting when breaking a bud apart over a bowl and hearing 'ping ping ping ping ping ping' and a bud which should be a few joints worth is barely enough to fill a vape.

Nasty. 

Thh, I wasn't overly impressed with the Zamaldelicia that I grew. In truth I didn't grow it well and perhaps I should give it another go. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hombre del Monte said:

I wasn't overly impressed

From what i managed to sample it was a bit mid road  - i endedup making some qwiso out of it and a lot of the other more seeded plants in the end.

I am keen to give this a go this year got me a vac packer thingy and a few rolls of bags.

Is there anything else i will need equipment wise as i like to be prepared and hopefully will have what i need already.

2 hours ago, murphyblue said:

I am keen to give this a go this year got me a vac packer thingy and a few rolls of bags.

Is there anything else i will need equipment wise as i like to be prepared and hopefully will have what i need already.

Ideally you'll need something to keep this cobs at a constant temperature.  I use a dehydrator with a variable temperature setting for the first few hours and then the rest of the time I use an alcove above the fireplace. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Inspiring thread. My first experiments:

5 month old Deputy Dog cob. I think the flowers were too dry.

large.20240302_144629.jpg.ddee7ebc70081fff5af8848d9f2799e3.jpg

Super Malawi Haze x Celia cob. Just out of the thermos flask for the sweat. Definitely more  fermenting going on than with the first attempt. Almost ready to go back in the vacuum bag.large.20240302_144131.jpg.1661bea8ffe3d8cd3180be828dc891ea.jpg

• Like 7

@Hombre del Monte 

Good to see you back brother.

I did wonder where you got too as you seemed to just disappear.

Glad to hear all is well with you dude and look forward to seeing you about the place again.

Be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 1

@ipju hello 

how do u use a thermal flask to make it is there a guide please 

I would like to try that looks great

@fuddymucker , @highgrower has a guide at the start of this thread. Also have a look at @Hombre del Monte's original post

I use a thermal flask for the 48h sweat. Fill the flask with hot water (+/- 40° C use a thermometer). Roll up the vacuum bag with the cob and insert in the flask. 

My plan was to add hot water after 24h to compensate temperature loss but I forgot.

You can also use a heat mat, yoghurt maker, food dehydrator,...

• Like 5

Yup i did a run with just a large pot of warm water and just kept topping it up - just make sure the vacuum bag are properly sealed or you may end up with a soggy one like i did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1