Cobbing adventues

highgrower

When I first started I was doing up to 2 grams in 2 divided doses. 

This morning I took 250mg of some 14 month old Zamaldelicia cob; Very trippy.

And a few hours ago I took a 0.5g dose of this years Golden Tiger and can feel it big time; It's less than 2 months old and already it's working well! 

• Like 5

On 11/25/2022 at 2:30 PM, silvester growdrobe said:

Who's the Malawi Gold from?

I may have some F2's if all goes according to plan...  :unsure:  

The MG cob smells ever so sweet...   still wrapped up in mielie leaves doing it's thing. Gonna wait 'till the summer to try it out, be about 7 months old by then. :smokin:

• Like 9

That was a very interesting read. I am about 6 weeks out from being able to give this is a try.

I make RSO, I am interested to see what it would be like made from some Cob.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since my last cob making and did a chop about 2 weeks ago been drying slowly in a loft type space.  All packed and ready for sweating tomorrow - planning on somewhere around 6-8hr sitting in a big pot of water starting at 60C and will let it cool throughout the day - i may top it up with some hot water if it gets too cold too quickly.

large.new-cobs-smh-ml.jpg

The small one in the fan clip is a Super Malawi Haze one - really super compressed 15g - pretty dry about 60-65% humidity - smokes pretty well but still enough moisture in it.

The bigger one is Memory Loss x Memory Loss hack of mine but about a quarter from each one all mixed up to make a 28g one.

• Like 5

Awesome!.

I've been meaning to post some of my cobs but just haven't got around to it.

I did try and upload some photos to the gallery the other day of some Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian and some Original Haze cobs, but for some reason none of them would upload.

The Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian is my wife's new favourite; It's like she's taken a stimulant. 

I'll try the photo's again.

• Like 2

Just this minute tried again and get the message, "there was a problem processing and uploading your file .-200"

Not sure what that's about, the files are within size.

I've also noticed the "likes" that I make are not showing up either. Weird

Edited by Hombre del Monte
  • Like 2

I've had the same on several occasions. 

Has been stable now (for me) for weeks using chrome on PC & duck duck on Android. 

Just now, Goodbloke said:

I've had the same on several occasions. 

Has been stable now (for me) for weeks using chrome on PC & duck duck on Android. 

That's interesting. I'm using Chrome for Android and Brave for the laptop. Neither have worked properly for about a week.

• Like 1

There's been loads of chat going back months regarding these & other issues accross a few threads. 

Apparently the cause of the issues are known, I didn't understand a word of it mind. 

Just glad that what I'm currently using is behaving itself. 

Cob cooking time - have filled my biggest pot up with hot water and that's it - keeping them from floating using a glass jar.  

large.cobs-cooking.jpg

Will check water temp in a few hours if its lower than about 50C will top up with some hot water - last time i did this from 70C and it took more than 6 hrs to cool down i think but that was in summer.  I'll take them out an see how much if any condensation or puffing up they do before deciding when they have had enough time.

• Like 5

Temps have dropped quite fast compared to last time - down to mid 40s so just turned the gas on low for a few minutes while stirring until it got up to 50C - I suspect I will need to do that a few times today.

• Like 4

Well after a good 8 or so hrs sweat at somewhere from 60-40 and then probably another 4 under 40 dropping to 20 odd.  Both bags had puffed out but no condensation on them so think some water vapour has been released.

SMH one smelling good and different so think things have started.

large.smh-cob.jpg

Memory loss one - not smelling as nice as it was before the sweat so again would say ferment has started too - yea a couple of seeds I missed when making it (pollinated on purpose)

large.memloss-cob.jpg

And both together

large.smh-and-memloss-cobs.jpg

Leaving them out until tomorrow sometime and will then seal them up and put them in a nice warm spot.

Should have a couple more joining them as i have recently chopped a MxP and will be chopping a Guawi soon.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 8

Ok, so I've changed browsers and can once again like posts, change pages, @members and most importantly post pictures!

Here's a couple of some Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian. It is something that Tangwena has been working on for several years.

large.IMG_20230111_133552.jpglarge.IMG_20230111_133600.jpg

The effects are very stimulative. I'd been thinking of getting some Durban from somewhere for the High THCV, but all the sources I can find are somewhat corrupted (I believe) but this combination seems to do the trick. Very up and stimulating And no munchies! Mrs DM has been wanting to have one that didn't cause her to eat, and proper strong too!

Edited by Hombre del Monte
  • Like 8

And some Original Haze cobs.

large.IMG_20230113_132806.jpg

Plus a spinach pasty!

The two on the left had 4 days drying before cobbing wereas the two on the right had 5. You can see the colour difference for just that extra day.

large.IMG_20230113_132929.jpglarge.IMG_20230113_132856.jpglarge.IMG_20230113_133017.jpglarge.IMG_20230113_133022.jpglarge.IMG_20230113_132838.jpglarge.IMG_20230113_132826.jpg

I haven't yet tried the OH, but already the MxM/E is the wife's new favorate

• Like 11