Cobbing adventues

highgrower

Looking fantastic.

Your going to need and industrial vacuum sealer machine with all the cobs you have.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, highgrower said:

Looking fantastic.

Your going to need and industrial vacuum sealer machine with all the cobs you have.

I'm using a cheap from from the big river. I've done well over a kilo of cobs this year from 5 different Sativas.

I'll be doing another 5 exotic Sativas this year, God willing.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

I cracked open the SMH and Memory loss cobs this morning to check on how they are doing - both smelling nice and leaving to dry out a bit before sealing up for a bit longer ferment.

So decided to compare the 4+ month old SMH one with the new one - under morning winder sun

large.smh-cobs-under-winter-sun.jpg

Under a CFL

large.smh-cobs-under-cfl.jpg

Of course I had to take a sample of the old one and skinned up a mini jay which has been on the go for about an hour and is just lovely with about 1/3 of it to go still.  It really looks and skins up like that old thai brick weed i used to get back in the early 90s.

large.smh-cobs-under-winter-sun-a.jpg

Need to get the Malawi x Panama and Guawi i chopped a few weeks ago now all cobbed up - both are in jars and still moist enough.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 13

Another slow day at work for me so got my hands sticky and formed some cobs - not sweated yet planning on getting that done later.

I have made some refinements when making them like making sure the parchment/baking paper sticks out the feeding end of the tube - this lets you pull it up if it gets folded a bit into the cob as its being made plus stops you ramming it down with the bud  as you add more into the tube.  Its also much easier to use a much thinner pokey stick to the tubes diameter and then ramming it with the end of a broom or similar.

large.new-cobs.jpg

The MxP one i feel is going to be amazing - the test smokes of the bud are really strong and so much resin on my fingers after making it - tbh so much from both as i did something a  bit different and rather than taking buds off the stalk i had to rip them apart to get to any seeds i could feel when squeezing buds so they are much more uniform as i mixed the broken bits all up in a bowl before ramming them in.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 7

Well they are now in a big pot of water along with a small 12.1g Celia cob, is at about 60-65C and will keep it around that temp until I go to sleep and then just leave them until the morning.

I put the Guawi one under a bed leg and left it to get squashed more and instead of staying in a squashed tube shape it has sort of slid sideways as well and looks like a messed up slinky, my tube is ok for cobs up to about 20g but think any bigger they get too long an not fat enough so end up bending and not staying as compact.

• Like 1

Fuck fuck fuck - just checked on them and the MxP bag had split and let in water - the cob is soaked :(

Am going to put in on the cfl or central heating to dry it out as much as possible after squeezing out as much water as possible.

Who knows could affect the cure in weird ways - hopefully i havent squeezed out any goodness - fortunatley i have the starting weight of 16.8g so can get an estimate how quickly its drying and the chance of mould etc if its too slow - its at just under 23g at the moment so a fair bit to go.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 2

Oh dear.

I think that there's every chance that, providing you dry it well and reseal it, it shoulfd be fine.

I doubt you've squeezed the goodness out, as it's not water soluble.

I'd be tempted to open the bag often and re dry.

• Like 2

I wont be sealing it up again until its under 17g as it will be too wet otherwise - now i have squeezed the shit out of it I suspect its going to take a few days as its very compact now

• Like 3

Can you force dry it down to it's starting weight? Food dihydrator or even a fan oven at a low setting. I think the added water is very likely to cause mould if left too long.

• Like 1

I have squeezed as much out as possible and wrapped it in paper towel and leaned on it for a while and looks like this now:

large.cocked-up-cob.jpg

:blub:

Its now sitting on the led control gear which is at 40C or thereabouts and should help it dry out faster.

:crybaby:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hombre del Monte said:

a fan oven at a low setting

Have ended up going for this as an option - will just take too long otherwise - its been sitting at 50C and has already lost over 1g of weight but i can see the outside getting dry but the centre staying moist so will take it out once it looses another g or so and let it dry more evenly overnight.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 1

Have taken them all out to dry for the evening

large.guawi-celia-mxp-cobs.jpglarge.guawi-celia-mxp-cobs1.jpg

A real cock up with the guawi one really looking like some freaky dick shape

large.guawi-cob.jpg

The Celia is the only one which has survived as formed.

large.celia-cob.jpg

And the MxP one well not much to say about it now - i think i jinxed it earlier.

large.mxp-cob.jpg

• Like 9