Cobbing adventues

highgrower

Well back to work but why should that stop me sampling some more cobs - the Panama was a nice to help me get back into the first 3 hours of it - only about 0.6g to start with plus a small blast on the TM2 has kept me quite happy.

However a top up was needed so i have chosen about 0.5g sample of the very young Malawi x Panama fuckup boiled cob - smells of caramel mixed with old leather - initial taste was closer to leather than anything else and quite bitter for the first few chews but that soon passed to reveal quite a peppery edge to it - am surprised to already be feeling a numbing feeling to the one side of my face on the same side i have pocketed it in my cheek (thats about 20 mins after starting to munch it).

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Having finished my recent batch of infused coconut oil, it is high time to try some cob.  The first couple have been curing now for over six months, so I'm guessing they'll be ready. :) 

I am probably just going to eat it, but how much? Half a gram? A gram? Bearing in mind my cobs were made from autos, not photos, so might not be quite as strong as the ones people are sampling here.

• Like 3

Well, I tried a piece of the "cigar" cob, made with some partly rehydrated, well cured weed from my first grow. I cut off a chunk of approximately a gram, chewed it until it had no structure left. Quite a "medicinal" taste, but definitely smelled like it had fermented: a fruity, zesty, chocolatey aroma. Anyway, I can feel it kicking in, nice buzz, fairly subtle at first. Bit of a rush too, like coming up on certain hallucinogens. As this cob is more on the indica and ruderalis side, I imagine it has less THC and more CBD and CBN than a sativa would. Also it's been curing for so long before robbing that it's likely fairly decarbed too.

Well, I've started a journey which hopefully will lead to a relaxing night's sleep eventually... :) 

• Like 7

Surprisingly potent that cob. I was going to vape some weed last night too, but it was out of charge. Didn't matter though, the cob was enough to get me nicely stoned and had the desired effect of allowing me to sleep.

Next up, I'll try some sativa dominant cob... :) 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

It's been 2.5 hours since I ate 0.7g of Panty Punch cob... I ate a fuck load before hand.

Thought it wasn't working so I smoked a spliff of the Mack and Crack which is a bit of a buzzy saliva.. also had 3 pints

I think the cob is kicking in now. Prepared for a whitey lol

• Like 7

Still alive, whitey avoided.

That was very interesting though, I woke up 2.5 hours late today, 10:30 instead of 8am... I'd say I had a stone over but nope, I was still heavily stoned when I woke up. This whole day has been a total write off lol

Next time I think I'll have half as much a fair bit earlier in the evening.

• Like 8

I've just started a few sats: Malawi, Purple satellite, Thai and Nepal and sat-doms Celia, Lot5 and Amnesia. I hope to be having a go cobbing .later in the year.

• Like 4

I have a regular female and a fem Malawi plant to play with...  They are about 2 months old. Shall I reverse the fem or the reg female to cross them?

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Well, I sampled between 0.1-0.2g of the Mack and Crack cob at 9am this morning and I have to say, was a slight tingly upward feeling and a bit of nausea (I am on Lansoperazole so that fucks with everything), but since then I haven't felt high, just really fucking content and calm.

I've been coming to terms with my ADHD recently, learning more about the condition and realising just how every element of my character and my life have been affected by it. On my days off I can not relax in the slightest. The first hour of the day is calm, then I drink two cups of tea and my mind splits 10 ways, wanting to do every single hobby in my life at the same time, fixing every problem in the house in the meantime while learning Spanish. People that aren't affected by ADHD can't understand how tiring and debilitating this is, it really hinders ones potential.

Anyway, today I find myself at the PC, focusing on one thing, fairly chilled out and not going into that scatterbrain phase at all. This is the closest experience I've had to a medicinal one with cannabis use, my eyes are totally white and I feel clarity but at the same time definitely a medicated wash over my body.

Flavour off the Mack and Crack is really, really nice too. Gonna grow it again and hope for the same pheno, lovely job.

Cheers all, I'd recommend cobbing the hybrids for totally different experiences, wordddd.

• Like 7

I also have been resampling some of my older cobs - they are over a year old now - just before I started off to the airport i had about 1.5g munch of some SMH and Panama cob plus took a little wrap of about a g Guawi to munch about 20 mins before i had to go through security.  I had a very chilled out rest of the day and think may have even lasted a until the next day.

So today about 10 days later and only having cbd weed i came home and had a couple of rips on the TM2 but then decided to switch to about a g of the SMH cob around 4pm - i had an early start like 6am uk time and been on trains, bus, plain, train etc to get home - so i thought i would doze off lying there on the sofa - nope had kind of a mini warp with my vision at one point and just lay there on the sofa enjoying the spectacle that is the back of your eyelids when they are closed.

Eventually pulled myself together after about 2 1/2 hrs to have a munch and finish off half a loaf of bread plus 1/4 of a watermellon i had the sense to buy on the way home. 

Not sure if im being a fucking moron or not but started munching on about 1/2g of panama cob when i started typing this - about 10 mins ago and can feel it kicking in big time with whafts of vision changes like a mirage almost

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Exciting times as my first cob of this year was re-wrapped yesterday for the cure.  This was after a 24 hour sweat at 45 down to 35c done in a flask with digital temp reader on the lid.  It's RGSC mighty Gold and already has a nice look to it.  Last year I did a tangie and a Neville's Haze cob, however my starting material may have been not quite damp enough, both did change colour and come out nice though.  I'm loving the whole process and especially how space saving for storage cobs are.  Also I have a feeling that if stored correctly, they could last a number of years and keep flavour and potency.  

• Like 7

Chewed some year old Neville's Haze cob the other day, very trippy, super clear headed and tons of energy.  Interesting to compare the difference to when the same stuff is vaped as it's entirely different.  

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

This was the mighty gold in question. A small but very nice end Sept finisher 

large.ppv2948236040305501939dd5d2061-6093-4f33-81bc-8763eebbe699.jpg.06fc175b0b4073b202d380466f947cfb.jpg

• Like 2

High to all

you cobbers! 

Sorry that I've been away so long. 

It seems that in the meantime, the site has been improved and I can access it again from my phone and pc without having to fire up a different browser every time. Awesome!

I've been a busy man since I last posted, what with life and everything else that goes with it.😂

This year I harvested

Killer A5 Haze

Destroyer#23 x Deep chunk/Tom Hill Haze

Zenith, both phenos

Original Haze

Green 19 A5 Haze

And

Destroyer, (I was gifted 3 seeds from 2005 and all 3 popped!)

Oh, and lastly just this afternoon some small PCK and PCK x Maple Leaf Indica, that I started outside in early October, as an experiment to see if I could, with light manipulation, grow anything in the winter.

Everything is all cobbed up now and aging, except for today's little Indicas.

Recently we've been mixing different combinations of 2 or more cobs to achieve even more dialled in effects.

I'm using cobs that are well over a year old, some over 2, and know they're differing effects. This allows me to create mixers that we can use for specific purposes. 

I'm also experimenting this year with a trying no sweat, just putting almost dry buds into a vacuum and just leaving them until the summer in the dark at room temp..

In also thinking of making tincture from cob.

Cobbings such fun.

I'm not 100% sure what I'm growing next year but one thing is for certain. 

Green 19 A5 Haze; it has to be some of the strongest weed I've ever had the pleasure to grow or smoke! 

Now that things on here are much easier to use again, I hope to be popping in and contributing more often.

Hasta luego amigos!

• Like 3

On 17/04/2023 at 23:26, highgrower said:

Well the Panama x B.Haze didnt have much taste to it at all - no spicey or peppery either and limited effect from it so far - im beginning to think the more peppery the stronger its affects will be - @Hombre del Monteany comment on how the spicy/pepper taste has any bearing on the high for you (or lack of it)?

Hi @highgrower, sincere apologies for the prolonged (almost a year!, wow time flyes!).

Personally, I'm not aware that the degree of spicey/pepperyness ha much effect on the effect. With my fresher and darker cobs the spicey flavours are more pronounced.

I must sort out tolerance break myself. Now that's a scary thought. 😂

• Like 3