The GAVIE System (ex Mish-Mash)

stu914

Flow? 

Is each pot getting the same amount of water at each feeding? 

I'm just thinking out loud :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

How does the PK booster affect your PH Stu?

I understand you don't usually adjust with your A+B but could that be throwing things out?

Just now, Shumroom said:

Flow? 

Is each pot getting the same amount of water at each feeding? 

Identical...

Just now, Wacky Wardrobe said:

How does the PK booster affect your PH Stu?

I understand you don't usually adjust with your A+B but could that be throwing things out?

It crossed my mind but I've used this combination of feed/pk for about 10 years with no issues.

I can't get past why the clone hasn't gone the same way as it's mum considering they are all treated the same.

Shan't be sorry to see the end of this grow, just gonna nurse it through now as the damage is done.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/05/2022 at 3:27 PM, stu914 said:

Identical...

It crossed my mind but I've used this combination of feed/pk for about 10 years with no issues.

I can't get past why the clone hasn't gone the same way as it's mum considering they are all treated the same.

Shan't be sorry to see the end of this grow, just gonna nurse it through now as the damage is done.

Sorry to hear about your problems Stu914, loving your set up, im looking to start again after having a break for a few years, i was looking at the IWS or Alien systems but trying my own diy rdwc in the past i always ran into root rot problems, my ambeint temps in summer were just to high so id have to also look into chillers as well this time round which i really dont want to do, having no medium is a huge bonus too so your set up is looking perfect for me. 

Got some questions if you dont mind bud

Whats the heighst temps youve gone with no root problems and any idea how high they could cope with? 

Is your res placed under the flood and drain table? If so when you top up the res or do a change you have to move all the plants out of the room? Have you found it easy enough to keep light leaks out of the res if it's in the tent? 

When you talk about feed cycle when theres just a small root from the clones you said a 15 min feed every 24hrs, youve not had any problems with the roots drying out? 

Any updates on how your girls are doing now? 

@Takamine

With that name you must be a guitar player like myself?

Last question first...this crop is a fecking disaster, I think I set the res up wrongly at the start and they never recovered.

Showed calmag defs so I dosed them, made it worse...going into flush tomorrow at 8 weeks and while I'll get something, I'm not impressed.

Highest temp in the res if I recall was just over 24c with no problems. Room temps are set at 25c so it creeps pretty close to that.

The res and table is a complete 1m2 unit made for flood and drain which has one end open for filling draining etc, piece of pee to do.

It's completely lightproof with a cover if needed.

I use a maxijet 1000 attached to a hose which goes out directly outside into the drain, once the pump gets the solution flowing I disconnect it

and let gravity do the rest, this way the res can be almost fully drained. 

I've a 100ltr water butt next to the res with attached hose directly into the res to refill (this gets to room temps which prevents shocking the plants)

Nutes added and checked once the res is full, stirred by the same maxijet I use to empty, on constantly.

I think because I use 'rootit' sponges to start seeds they act like a tiny reservoir when the seedlings are only days old so one feed a day works.

I increase the frequency of feeds as the roots grow and once they're just poking out the mesh pot they go up to full 15 on 45 off 24/7.

Have a look in my gallery and you'll see how this grow system progressed to where it is now.

Good Luck bud

:oldtoker:

• Like 4

@stu914

Yes still playing not as often as i used too, started on the piano a couple of years back so now annoy the family with that instead :D

Thats a shame, ive had enough problems over the years so know how it feels. 

Any changes planned for the next run? 

Where do i find your gallery? Cant see it on your profile. 

Thanks for the info all helpfull stuff, im almost there with my plan and youve certainly helped with that :yep:

• Like 2

Just now, Takamine said:

Where do i find your gallery?

Not very tech savvy I'm afraid, I know the pics are there but how to find them is beyond me...you could try google?

Suddenly the light goes on...:idea:...what a twat!...:doh:...:russian:

The penny has dropped and I've worked out why this crop has gone to shite, my own bloody fault for having the leds too powerful and too close.

The canopy is almost completely yellow and burnt whereas underneath leaves are green and healthy...bollocks!!!

Lesson learnt!!

:oldtoker:

• Like 5