The GAVIE System (ex Mish-Mash)

stu914

1 hour ago, mysticriver said:

do soft water coco nutes have more Ca & Mg in them to compensate for the lack of the same in the softer water?

Hydrosol don't have soft and hard water versions.

Somewhere in my reading of all the info on Hydrocrop's website they suggested that if you live in a particularly soft water area you can simply adjust the ratios of parts A+B.

They suggest increasing the amount of part A (which is mostly calcium nitrate with a bit of mag.) but only if necessary in particularly soft water areas.

They're the same two parts A+B used all the way through with the ratios changing as you progress from early veg to late flower.

Most of the nitrogen is in part A and that gets reduced and part B increased through flowering.

Someone on here said they did OK running it as a balanced feed all the way through. (i.e. equal parts A+B and no shifting ratios.)

The website has a heavy, standard and light feed chart with millilitres per litre and expected EC's. Your base water EC will affect this of course.

I'm in soft water (1.0+ EC) and find their standard feed guide works fab. I'm running at about 1.6 EC at week 3 of 12/12.

I ran a mate's bag seed last run alongside two other strains and that weird fucker could not take any amount of feed.

Jon's cabbage I named it. Dark as a savoy on just a whiff of nitrogen! A total freak! I stuck a cut of it outside at the beginning of March and it shrugged off frost after frost and even two inches of snow!

There was no way could I find a feed that would suit all those three.

This time I'm running the other two from that run and they're both perfectly happy on one feed. One plant could maybe take a bit more but I think we're on a nice happy compromise.

E2A: These are hydro not coco specific nutes.

Edited by Wacky Wardrobe
  • Like 1

the only reason you might need extra cal mag is if you are using RO water, or are underfeeding them imho, 

even then canna mono trace elements should bring up the slack.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

Day 23 of 12/12 and everything in the garden is....well...you'll see...

Environment is pretty much spot on...these figures vary very little lights off and on...

large.SSCN1614.JPG

Currently on bloom feed, PK will be added next res change in about a week...these are all I use for flowering.

large.SSCN1611.JPG

...and here's what they do...(I can grow weed but I'm no photographer...lol)

large.SSCN1612.JPGlarge.SSCN1613.JPG

'til next time...:yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, stu914 said:

PK will be added next res change in about a week

I have some Buddha's PK from when I tried it in soil.

I was convinced it boosted bud size then but it was far from scientific.

I'm about a week behind you with things going OK in coco at the mo.

I might have to think about seeing if I can screw things up with a bit of tinkering.

Do yo pretty much follow their 1/4 to 1/2 a mil per litre during weeks 4 to 7 guide lines?

I remember possibly erring on the side of caution with it before.

Cheers.

• Like 1

@Wacky Wardrobe

Hi bud,

Yup, I pretty much stick to their schedule, it's super strong stuff so caution is recommended.

I always add it first then top up to the target EC with A+B base nutes.

I've tried growing with and without, definitely improved my yields using it...:yep:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Wacky Wardrobe  I’ve asked Hydrocrop in the past if there’s any benefit in adding extra PK in flower (well I asked why it’s not in their feed chart). They told me their feed chart produces ample P and K in the feed and adding more would be overdoing it. Well I can’t actually remember if they said would or might, but I decided not to mess with something that works fine, so I’ve not tried it. I would be interested to hear how you get on if you do experiment. Sal

• Like 1

Just now, greengal said:

I would be interested to hear how you get on if you do experiment.

They've been getting it for the last couple of days so a it's bit early to tell just yet.

I'm going easy with it at 2ml per 10 litres. So a little bit under the 0.25ml p/l recommended for week 4.

I'm running 2 of the same plants as last run so it should give a pretty good idea.

It won't be scientific but I reckon I ought to be able to see a difference if there is any.

• Like 1

TWISTED MELON...

As the title suggests this problem is mashing my fecking swede, I just can't figure it out...

The two remaining ESB are now showing deficiencies 5th week in flower.

So how is it the clone from one of the above, which is next to them in the same system, is growing perfectly with no deficiencies?

All three plants are same strain, same age and treated identically...WTF is going on?  :wallbash:

large.SSCN1632.JPGlarge.SSCN1631.JPG

• Like 1

Just to clarify, they're not the same cut but just the same strain? That would explain it, it doesn't matter if they're the same strain, if they're the same cut then that would be confusing.

• Like 1

@KC

There's two plants and the clone came from one of them...both plants are showing deficiencies and the clone isn't...:wallbash:

Confusing or what?

• Like 1

Yep that is confusing :huh:

I'd rather underfeed than over though so I wouldn't up the feed dramatically myself. Probably only 5 weeks to limp home I imagine now. It would be good to work out why though, just for your future grows. 

• Like 1

At first I just thought they were being fussy bitches but the clone proved that theory to be wrong.

If it was environment or grow system then all three would be affected but I've had previous crops with no issues at all.

Bizzarre!

• Like 1