The GAVIE System (ex Mish-Mash)

stu914

Evening All,

Here we are 10 days later and even with the disgustingly high temps the flying machine is performing well...:yep:

large.SSCN1751.JPGlarge.SSCN1750.JPGlarge.SSCN1749.JPG

There's been a couple of no shows and casualties, got 9 nice plants to go into the flowering stage though.

Still in the 3" pots and they're are being fed/watered three times a day lights on, EC is 1.1

They'll all be topped to leave 4 branches per plant giving a total of 36 tops which fits nicely into a 1.2m x 1.2m area.

As this is a mixed strain run they grow at different rates so some will be topped at the third node,

others at the fifth in order to keep the canopy as level as possible....they all finish within a few days of each other at around 8 weeks.

'til next time

:oldtoker:

• Like 7

Afternoon All

First of the month seemed like a good time to move the girls into their new home.

Roots were quite tightly coiled at the base of the 3" pots, a little concerning but they should be ok now they're in the 4" mesh.

Still vegging and once the space is full they'll be flowered, currently fed/watered every 4 hours, EC 1.0...

Everthing's running smoothly and groom parameters are spot on...:yep:

large.SSCN1759.JPGlarge.SSCN1756.JPGlarge.SSCN1758.JPG

'til next tme

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all,

Little tweak to the system as the roots were air pruning and growth stalled for a few days. 1/2 filled the buckets with pebbles and rested

the mesh pot on top, within a couple of days the roots exploded into life as they now have something to grow into,

handy as this also gives some weight to the buckets, stops the roots from coiling and saves the plants toppling over later in the grow.

All the girls have been topped and one unruly bugger tied down, another week or so and they'll go onto 12/12..progressing nicely now...

large.SSCN1781.JPGlarge.SSCN1780.JPGlarge.SSCN1782.JPGlarge.SSCN1779.JPGlarge.SSCN1783.JPGlarge.SSCN1778.JPG

EC 1.2 holding steady...Fed/watered 15mins on 45mins off 24/7

'til next time

• Like 9

Just a couple of snaps one week into flower today...

The lights are two 275w scopes from dialaduck (site sponsor) dimmed to 300w overall, about one foot above the plants

giving between 450 and 500 umols...working a treat...:yep:

large.SSCN1793.JPGlarge.SSCN1794.JPG

'til next time

• Like 6

looking good mucka.

Glad you got the issues sorted out on it. 

i was thinking about this system today....do you remember Heath Robinson? he used something very similar, it was a netpot suspended a la rdwc and the nutes running through the hydroton and splashing into the water below creating DO. he never used airstones from memory afaik....kinda similar, just with an added res below, and just pumped round and round. 

Anyway, good luck with em. 

• Like 3

Cheers bud,

Pleased with the system, little bit of extra work at the end cleaning pebbles to re-use but that's no hardship.

They're absolutely flying now, different strains so the canopy isn't level but not too concerned.

My system is pretty much the same as the one you mention, except I'd imagine with that one you'd have to keep a close eye on the roots not

blocking circulation, whereas mine either form a mat on the table or stay in the buckets.

ATB

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

While the rest of the world seems to be going to hell in a handcart things are progressing nicely here...

The little tweak adding pebbles halfway up the buckets has certainly spurred things on.

The stretch is well under way at 18 days 12/12 but with plenty of headroom that's no problem.

The undercarriage has lost about 1/3 of its bumfluff and the roots are well out of the buckets onto the table.

EC steady at 1.1...currently 50/50 grow/bloom nutes, only bloom nutes next res change...

Lights are now at around 400w...umols between 650 and 850, 6" to 1ft above plants.

large.SSCN1809.JPGlarge.SSCN1808.JPGlarge.SSCN1812.JPGlarge.SSCN1811.JPGlarge.SSCN1810.JPG

@til next time

Edited by stu914
  • Like 12

• 1 month later...
On 28/08/2022 at 0:18 PM, stu914 said:

While the rest of the world seems to be going to hell in a handcart things are progressing nicely here...

The little tweak adding pebbles halfway up the buckets has certainly spurred things on.

The stretch is well under way at 18 days 12/12 but with plenty of headroom that's no problem.

The undercarriage has lost about 1/3 of its bumfluff and the roots are well out of the buckets onto the table.

EC steady at 1.1...currently 50/50 grow/bloom nutes, only bloom nutes next res change...

Lights are now at around 400w...umols between 650 and 850, 6" to 1ft above 

Looking good Stu, any updates? Im guessing your only a couple of weeks away now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Takamine said:

Looking good Stu, any updates? Im guessing your only a couple of weeks away now

Hi bud,

Close but no cigar..:rofl:..cropping this weekend as they're all pretty much there, in final flush now...reduced to four plants due to space

I'll be putting up some pics in the next few days...cheers...:yep:

• Like 3

Looks great..

Id suggest a cover over the root mass

Just a simple sheet of opaque plastic does great :)

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gb1 said:

cover over the root mass

I did first time round, forgot to on the second...doesn't seem to make a difference, the buckets are lightproof...:yep:

large.SSCN1396.JPG

• Like 6

18 hours ago, stu914 said:

Hi bud,

Close but no cigar..:rofl:..cropping this weekend as they're all pretty much there, in final flush now...reduced to four plants due to space

I'll be putting up some pics in the next few days...cheers...:yep:

What did you have in there Stu, 9 in on a 1m2 table? How long did you veg for and you think youll just go for four next time or start with 9 and keep the best 4 when the time is right? 

Afternoon all...

The girls came down this morning. They were already rough trimmed earlier in the week and are now drying on the stem.

Pure Kush, White Widow x Big Bud, Double Black and The Jab are the four remaining after I culled the other five.

They went nuts and hit the lights in no time, not really enough space to supercrop without crowding out the others so they had to go.

Here ya go...

large.SSCN1871.JPGlarge.SSCN1870.JPGlarge.SSCN1866.JPGlarge.SSCN1865.JPG

Wanna see root balls...?

Very pleased with the way this system is performing, still plenty of root space inside the buckets for longer flowering or veg times.

large.SSCN1868.JPGlarge.SSCN1867.JPG

I would suggest four plants trained to fill this space is the ideal amount from seed (keeps numbers down) 

However if doing small clones then nine will work really well. This is a super fast grow method as the roots have little or no restriction

and given the right conditions the plants fly, so veg time is a personal decision depending on training and strain(s) being grown.

Watch this space...:yep:

• Like 13

Seconds out...

Now the system is proven to work I'm going to concentrate on filling the space to maximise yields (something I've neglected up to now)

Currently have 6 wedding cake vegging in the fridge, 36 days from sowing seeds and topped twice. Depending on how they perform will

decide how many make it to flower...

large.SSCN1864.JPGlarge.SSCN1862.JPGlarge.SSCN1861.JPG    large.SSCN1863.JPG Now that's a rootball!!! :eek:

Modification to the feed system, each pot now has three outlets, one above and two under the lid, this should spread feed more evenly.

Along with the rings around the pots to act as anchors for training ties the space should fill out nicely.

large.SSCN1875.JPGlarge.SSCN1876.JPG

'til next time

• Like 9

On 2022-10-20 at 4:08 PM, stu914 said:

I did first time round, forgot to on the second...doesn't seem to make a difference, the buckets are lightproof...:yep:

large.SSCN1396.JPG

I just saw light at the roots in one picture maybe you were just showing them :)large.SSCN1811.JPG

• Like 3