The GAVIE System (ex Mish-Mash)

stu914

Welcome to the second run of my new system, re-named 'GAVIE' in memory of my poor relative who's unfortunate enough

to get torched most years...default_whistling.gif:rofl:

I've had nine ESB vegging for 28 days and they went today, the system has been tweaked and adapted to cater for 9 plants up from 5.

These will be sexed, topped and trained to fill the space, depending on the male/female ratio I intend to make seeds for subbies and to keep the line going,

never made seeds before so will be looking for help along the way.

Pics to follow tomorrow...

'til next time

:oldtoker:

Edited by stu914
  • Like 13

Gavle goat nae Gavie lol

E2A Makes a nice change tae be able tae pick on you fer that kinda thing lol

Edited by McHazy
  • Like 5

Just had a read through run No. 1, interesting diary, thanks for taking the time. 

I didn't understand some aspects of the system, any chance of a simple diagram showing how it works? 

Looking forward to seeing how the enlarged system performs. All the best for the run, following with interest. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, McHazy said:

Gavle goat nae Gavie

Now what the feck you on about?  'Gavie Goat System' is just too much of a mouthful...

Challenging for those who's command of the English language is limited...:wassnnme:

:rofl::rofl:

• Like 3

Whoops...it is GAVLE, all this time I read GAVIE and that's after 5 eye operations...apologies to @McHazy...one nil to you...for now...:rofl:

• Like 4

Here we go with the upgraded and tweaked 9 pot system...

9 x ESB 30 days from seed sown

large.SSCN1564.JPG

New 9 way manifold, this is a complete ring with all feed lines to the pots equal length giving even pressure to each pot.

large.SSCN1565.JPG

EC 1.4 fed every two hours 24/7

'til next time

Edited by stu914
  • Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Here we are at day 4 of 12/12...and the system is working perfectly.

EC 1.6

Feed 15mins on 45mins off   24/7

These 9 ESB have yet to be sexed and the males turfed out...

large.SSCN1592.JPGlarge.SSCN1593.JPG

Res and Room temps are spot on...

large.SSCN1590.JPGlarge.SSCN1594.JPG

Bit of advice here please..

I intend to take a couple of branches from the best male and collect pollen separately, (Big sucker back left looks like the chosen one)

When should he be removed from the main room to ensure the others don't get impregnated but I still get viable pollen?

Thanks

Finally a couple of pics of the new upgraded 9 pot veg fridge. Open flow top fed via the white ring and one spout per pot.

These are the tops taken as cuttings from the 9 ESB, 5 rooted ok the rest are lagging behind in the little prop tucked away on the right hand side...

large.SSCN1589.JPGlarge.SSCN1591.JPG

Thanks for looking in

'til next time

• Like 11

Bit disappointing only getting 2 girls from 9 plants but it is what it is...

The best male has been reduced to two main branches for pollen collection later on and the 2 girls tied down to promote the side branches,

hopefully get the space near to full as possible...looks like a bomb site in there atm...

• Like 6

that's bad luck with the male-female ratio mate, but im sure you will adapt, improvise and overcome.

big scrog?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, badbillybob said:

big scrog?

Already 6 days in flower but there's quite a few side shoots so hopefully once the net's on I can get it fairly full.

Still got to figure out when to remove the boy, don't want him taking up space under the net, just not sure when the pollen is viable.

• Like 4

On 17/04/2022 at 3:50 PM, stu914 said:

When should he be removed from the main room to ensure the others don't get impregnated but I still get viable pollen

when the balls are out dude! :stoned: specially if you’ve started 12/12 if your in veg they can still chuck dust though, just not as much

are you taking snips or using whole plant for collecting pollen? 

(ok just read!) (one of those posts were i had to eat and do stuff before hitting reply lol )

have you still got the rest of the male plant laying around? if you have take some cuts and stick them in a glass of water coz you may need the extra pollen

i’d take him out now or a in a day or two, they usually flower faster than females so can catch you out, spray females with water if your unsure about how close he is to vinegar strokes!

:yinyang:

Edited by twigs
  • Like 2