Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

Okay so I’ve ordered the same wine cooler, got mine for 109 off the auction site cos it’s got scratches on outside, I’ve ordered the inkbird ihc200 (WiFi) got that for 26 on same site. But now I’m struggling to find the dehuey, anyone post a link to a thermoelectric one with a hose that will work for this? I’m tempted to just drill the tank of a 500ml pro breeze one I seen on the jungle site for 26 squid. 

• Like 1

Finally managed to source everything I need. Just thought I'd share my choices, I'll report back as and when things develop, still waiting on delivery, should all be here just in time for the chop. Please do inform me if I'm barking up thw wrong tree. 

Got myself a Russel Hobbs RHCLRF17B mini fridge to pick up Wednesday, bit on the small side, but I only have a small tent and very little free space in the flat, hopefully the dehumidifier fits and doesn't fill the entire thing lol. (£31)

For the dehumidifier I went for a "Mini Electric Dehumidifier Vavsea Portable Ultra Quiet For Damp Mould Moisture" off the bay, I might havw to drill a hole in the res for drainage. (£22.49)

And for temp/humidity control (nothing accurate on the fridge) I'll be wiring in an STC-3028 module which does both off one sensor so hopefully a few less holes to drill and just one plug socket required. (£12) 

All in less than a half ounce of some damp, manky street weed. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for a slightly bigger fridge in the future. 

Edited by MindSoup

I still think you're making a rod for your back with a diddy little compressor fridge tbh. Keep an eye on gumtree, or as others have said the local tip if you're on a budget. 

Edited by FarmerPalmersNT
  • Like 2

Also for those that asked, noticed they sell the same dehumidifier I have under other brands. It's also listed as a "zppz" small dehumidifier on Amazon.

It's not necessarily the best one, just the only cheap peltier one i could find with a drain hose. Build quality is predictably wank.

• Like 2

@FarmerPalmersNT It's thermo electric, albeit very small lol luckily I don't grow a lot of weed so there should be enough room for an ounce or 2 at a time I'm hoping, might need to hack the dehumidifier up a bit. If it can get this crop done which isn't far away I can wait till the credit card looks a bit healthier and upgrade the fridge. 

I'll have to stick with one for now, my flat is full to the rafters lol. New one is 45L instead of 17L :hippy:

For anyone looking for a cheap dehumidifier with a drain pipe the ones on the bay that look the same as the picture all come with one and can be found for as little as £15 at the moment, plus the guy selling it to you might actually pay some taxes lol. They come in a few colours, some have a display some don't. Can't vouch for build quality but as previously mentioned none of the mini ones are very good.

large.Screenshot_2021-11-29-13-06-38-617_com_ebay.mobile.jpg

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

Be careful with the ones that auto shut-off. You need it to be going when the inkbird sends it power. Some of those require you to press a momentary switch on the unit afterwards which is obviously useless for these.

You can bypass it easily enough but that requires a bit of rewiring. I've had to do that for my ceiling fan and PTC heater.

Edited by FarmerPalmersNT
  • Like 1

Oh is that what it means by auto shut off? I thought it was referring to when the res filled up, which is pretty stupid now I think about it lol,  Its pure Chinesium so it should be pretty easy to modifying if needs be. I'll see if I can find a manual for it. 

So did I but now I've thought about it it does seem an odd thing to advertise as a feature. I'll find out in a few days, and if any modifications are required I will report back, probably just have to bypass a circuit board somewhere. 

OKAY!

So, the buds came out a while ago. I've been hectic with life, so nothing until now.

Here's a graph of the data points my sensor collected. Some weird swings that I'm unsure about. I think one is when it got really cold and our house heating came on for longer, but I can't be sure.

Ignore the heads and tails of the graphs.

I took the buds out and put them in a glass tub. The fridge absolutely stunk when I opened it but the weed in the jars has barely any smell at all.... until you break it open and it stinks to high heaven. Now, I'm not going to exaggerate and tell everyone this is the most amazing thing I've ever seen, but as a set-it-and-forget-it method, with a bit of refinement in my setup, it's a pretty sure fire way of doing the job. I'm happy with it.

large.Drying_Cycle.png

• Like 10