Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Niiiiiice man, I'll definitely be having a go when I have somewhere to do it. 

Beauty of this sort of thing is you can easily do a zero risk gorilla shroom plot. Especially if the council have been kind enough to woodchip a local spot ready for you.

• Like 3

There's a forest near my work that a local sawmill dumps all their unusable wood and shavings and shit in, I'd love to innoculate that place :thumsup:

• Like 1

@FarmerPalmersNT so it’s been 12 hours since I filled the unit. The dehumidifier has ran constant but my rh is still 80. Is this normal or should I be worried? It’s came down from 84 but I am worried about mold 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue brother said:

@FarmerPalmersNT so it’s been 12 hours since I filled the unit. The dehumidifier has ran constant but my rh is still 80. Is this normal or should I be worried? It’s came down from 84 but I am worried about mold 

It’s down to 78.5 now and dropping so hopefully should be at around 60 by tomorrow

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blue brother said:

That's very, very high dude. Even with fresh bud I'm only seeing it top out at 65, maybe 70. Is everything running? Is your sensor touching any leaves/nugs? It'll give a stupid reading if it's too close. How full is it? I wouldn't stack the nugs on top of one another.

Edited by FarmerPalmersNT
  • Like 1

Also, just seen you were having issues with silicone smell. You'll want to run a tray of bicarbonate of soda in there for 12 hrs or so, it'll soak all that stink up. I use it after drying mushrooms as they leave it smelling kind of funky.

Not in with weed though!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, FarmerPalmersNT said:

That's very, very high dude. Even with fresh bud I'm only seeing it top out at 65, maybe 70. Is everything running? Is your sensor touching any leaves/nugs? It'll give a stupid reading if it's too close. How full is it? I wouldn't stack the nugs on top of one another.

Tucked the sensor wire over one of the racks so it’s pretty much touching both the tray above and the tray below I’ll get in there and move it somewhere less wet lol, maybe stick it to the wall between racks. I’ve just got in there now and moved it about abit to see how much it changed and I think it was too close to the buds tbh. 

I mean the little humidistat sensor off the inkbird or whatever. But yeah, get that in a clear area somewhere. Needs air around it. Not too close to the dehumidifier or fan. You need good air moving between the shelves too.

Post a pic of the shelves if you can.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue brother said:

Tucked the sensor wire over one of the racks so it’s pretty much touching both the tray above and the tray below I’ll get in there and move it somewhere less wet lol, maybe stick it to the wall between racks. I’ve just got in there now and moved it about abit to see how much it changed and I think it was too close to the buds tbh. 

Problem solved hahahaha it’s at 61 now I’ve stuck the sensor to the wall of the cooler between shelf 3 and 4. Thanks dude ur an absolute star. 

• Like 4

I’m gonna jump on my iMac soon and try and post up some pics, the fact it’s so hard to post pics on here sees me using rollitup more than this place, but I like the info here so I’m gonna give it a go 

• Like 1

Sweet dude. Knew it'd be something like that. Number of times I've rushed to my grow in a sweaty panic only to find the inkbird sensor has fallen into the canopy!

• Like 4

Here we go on the first run, fingers crossed.  Been full for a couple of hours and a wee bit of water has come out of the tube so it's definitely working in some capacity, I've got a little inkbird Bluetooth sensor to keep a data log, I'll be keeping a close eye. 

large.PXL_20211210_191522120_compress39.jpglarge.PXL_20211210_191516409_compress69.jpglarge.PXL_20211210_191509792_compress94.jpg

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 8