Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

11 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Do you have a make and model number and we’ll se if we can work out what’s relevant?

Atb

🥶

Not sure if the name is actually the make, or its just the supplier for other catering companies, but ive seen it on multiple sites. Think its: Adexa DA-BW70D1.

7 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Get a peltier/thermoelectric one 2nd hand, mine was 30 quid. 

I cant even get a first hand one. No1 delivers to NI, the one company I found that delivered from London wanted over £300 delivery for an item that was only £180 cost. And the companies that ive found over here that sell them only do compressor models ffs.

Tnx bois.

• Like 1

Pretty sure they're being phased out because their pretty inefficient compared to other types of cooling, much easier to find 2nd hand ones. FB marketplace or Gumtree etc. 

Or just buy any fridge or builld an insulated box and retrofit your own peltier. 

51 minutes ago, Scroggersean said:

Adexa DA-BW70D1

Having looked over the Description:

there’s a few things that lead me to believe it’s a peltier cooler.

1. It’s only 70W.
  2. temp range +11C - +18C

Both of these are pretty good signs to me that it’s not a compressor type,

as it would likely use a bit more power and would have a much lower temperature range(around 4C type temperature).

If you can get this delivered at a decent price then I’d go for it :) 👍

Atb

☯️

• Thanks 1

Temperature range will be dictated by the use, so any drinks fridge will likely have a similar range regardless of the tech involved. Also a standard under counter fridge is only about 100 watts so when you factor in that it's working less (maintaining a higher temperature) then it really doesn't say anything about the tech being used. 

IME most peltier/thermoelectric fridges will use some sort of fan to run air over the coolers blades they also have no compressor so no big lump in the back (usually at the bottom). 

Edited by MindSoup

59 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Having looked over the Description:

there’s a few things that lead me to believe it’s a peltier cooler.

1. It’s only 70W.
  2. temp range +11C - +18C

Both of these are pretty good signs to me that it’s not a compressor type,

as it would likely use a bit more power and would have a much lower temperature range(around 4C type temperature).

If you can get this delivered at a decent price then I’d go for it :) 👍

Atb

☯️

I can buy it and get it delivered for about £210 in total so thats not too bad. The thing that has me worried though is that it uses a refrigerant, R600a, so im pretty sure its not a peltier cooler. Thats the model I emailed the company about. I asked if that model was compressor cooled or peltier cooled, this is their reply:

Good morning,

Thanks for your enquiry.

This model uses fan cooling, which is also called static cooling.

Thats literally all the information they provided.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scroggersean said:

The thing that has me worried though is that it uses a refrigerant, R600a, so im pretty sure its not a peltier cooler

It definitely isn't.

18 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

It definitely isn't.

Youre right it isnt. However, I just went and checked the Klarstein Barolo 28 uno unit that everyone seems to be using. It also uses R600a refrigerant. If you go back to page 23 of this thread, just over halfway down the page, Giggles is actually worried about the same thing. This is over 2 years ago though, so I wonder if Klarstein have updated that model to be a compressor type now or something.

20 minutes ago, Scroggersean said:

page 23 of this thread

So many pages, for such a simple idea lol

On 22/03/2024 at 20:11, Scroggersean said:

Youre right it isnt. However, I just went and checked the Klarstein Barolo 28 uno unit that everyone seems to be using. It also uses R600a refrigerant. If you go back to page 23 of this thread, just over halfway down the page, Giggles is actually worried about the same thing. This is over 2 years ago though, so I wonder if Klarstein have updated that model to be a compressor type now or something.

Yes it does, mine's a Klarstein, bought last year. It uses refrigerant in pipes which are utilised by the Peltier device.  It is just a good way to offload the heat out of the back of the fridge, but it is a thermoelectric/Peltier device all the same, trhere is no compressor.

The refrigerant is akin to the fins on a heatsink.  It doesn't mean it's not thermoelectric, just that it uses external refrigerant filled pipes to exchange heat.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 3