Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

I'm only just reading about vapour pressure - would it be worth aligning the dry-out to the vapour pressure? So that the plant was transpiring at a rate, you could continue the 'out' bit at the same rate?

Either way, I'm halfway through my fermenter chiller project and with a grow due down in 6 ish weeks, this is perfect timing.

Thanks again.

• Like 5

I love this place, the ingenuity and dedication to having the best possible weed is admirable and I will be following this with a lot of interest.

• Like 11

Cooler model: Cookology CW28BK 28 bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler

Might find that in the jungle for 169.99 too.

• Like 2

Thank you. I have a Peltier setup that's spare. I've been messing around with water pumps and heat transfer blocks so I've got a mounted Peltier on a heatsink spare. I've also got foam board panels everywhere and enough foil tape to seal a submarine. I'll build and post a pic here, if you don't mind @FarmerPalmersNT .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keye said:

Thank you. I have a Peltier setup that's spare. I've been messing around with water pumps and heat transfer blocks so I've got a mounted Peltier on a heatsink spare. I've also got foam board panels everywhere and enough foil tape to seal a submarine. I'll build and post a pic here, if you don't mind @FarmerPalmersNT .

Be great to see mate!

• Like 1

Definitely been some helpful advice guides on building your own things and saving fortunes put up on this site over the year. Be good to see yours too @Keye

I built the atc twin variac from a guide on here back in 2013, think that saved about 250 or 300 quid at the time. 

Defo gonna get one of these built over Xmas holidays, mate has a kitchen business, so gonna see what he can get me at the right money. 

• Like 4

I like the idea man

had you considered using a cupboard cigar humidor inside it as well. They maintain the dew point better but the cheapest I’ve seen is £70, cigar oasis they’re called. It’s just a box with a fam and a display that you soak some water beads in and then leave. The £159 version has WiFi so you can change the moisture point. 

there’s also the humifan air circulator that may be worth a little look at.

• Like 3

There is a readily available version of that idea, called fridge grow. 
Some germans designed a control unit for, well.. fridges. The idea is to grow in them, but you can also use it to dial a drying chamber in.

1 hour ago, Renard said:

There is a readily available version of that idea, called fridge grow. 
Some germans designed a control unit for, well.. fridges. The idea is to grow in them, but you can also use it to dial a drying chamber in.

have you seen the price of them, I’ve just looked on their website. £600 for the dryin kit and that doesn’t include a fridge obviously.