Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

Looks good to me dude. The spikes don't matter hugely. They are generally momentary and as the buds dry they will become less as there isn't that excess moisture sitting on the fins between cycles to get blown off.

• Like 1

@Keye what gizmo are you using for temp/humidity control. I might have found a free wine cooler but the thermostat is broken/ stuck at 7°C.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

DHTC-1011 Digiten.

Same crap instructions as Inkbird; although this will do humidification or dehumidification as well as heating or cooling. You pick one from each side and set the parameters.

• Like 1

Looks like the free fridge has fallen through, but the more I read up on the "lotus cure" idea of just whacking the buds in the fridge in paper bags the more tempted I am to just try it out. I'm gunna start monitoring the internal temps and humidity in there and mull it over some more. 

• Like 1

Make some pals at the recycling centers,up here there's at least a couple o wine coolers get chucked per week never fuck all wrong wi em :yep:

Edited by McHazy
  • Like 2

I've got a little beer fridge, anyone know if it'd be any good for this lotus cure thing? I've had a thermometer in there for a few days and it's doing max: 9.2°c 56%rh to min: 7.7°c 49%rh.

I normally just dry in my tent but I might be needing it this time round. 

I only do small grows so can't really afford to fuck my harvest up but, on the other hand, if this would work it could be a bit of a game changer for me.

So this cycle I think will be what I move forward with for anyone looking for a starting point.

2-3 hours at 17c 45%rh

2 days at 14c 50%rh

2 days at 14c 55%rh

3 days at 14c 59%rh

Then 60% 13c until dry enough to trim and jar or when I can be arsed. They can cure like this if preferred.

Then into jars, on shelves in the cooler. I'll crack the lids if they go over 60, close them at 59. Kind of like a controlled burping.

That way seems to be a good compromise and nugs will be curing in about 7 days. The length of the 50% one can go up to 3 days for a well packed cooler I reckon.

When I open this thing I get hit with a proper wall of terps. It's lovely! 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Potentially yes, if its thermo electric/peltier cooled. 

I've got no idea if it is lol I'll have to Google the product specs or summat. Cheers :yep:

• Like 1

I've been running 16oC at 60%RH. I didn't want to complicate my readings and settings having not used the equipment, or the meters, before. 

I'm still not convinced I'm getting accurate readings. Certainly not accurate enough to be doing 14, then 15, then 16oC ramps.

You might benefit from a bit more air circulation if your fridge doesn't have a fan. Maybe add a small computer fan? Where you site the humidity sensor is also pretty important. Midway between nug shelves is best.

Even with the dehumidifier fan and internal peltier fan going the difference between the air around empty and full shelves can be quite significant. Humidity can build around those areas if there's no air movement. Obviously it'll equalise eventually.

• Like 2

@silvester growdrobe I'm tempted to give it a try, have you managed to find a detailed guide to doing it ? The lack of one makes me a bit dubious. All I've found are a few quite convoluted threads on various forums lol

• Like 2

@MindSoup

I'm in the same boat as you really. I've only seen bits on Reddit and shit. I was relying on the good ship uk420 to see me right lol I'd happily be a Guinea pig if it wasn't for the fact that I've given this grow my  very best attempts at fucking it up already lol