IMPORTANT: HPLVD

blackpoolbouncer

I know what’s gone into Blackpool bouncers garden though and there’s no way the beans are infected and he’ll be extremely unlucky if any clone stock he has is infected too as he’s really not taken fuck all in and what did go in went in before we all exposed ourselves haha. 

• Like 3

Starting by saying it must be a real proper head fuck for those who have a passion and have searched high n low for their version of the "perfect" plant for their needs.

I have to say though that for your armature grower who has only ever had really stuff from seed that I just grow out isn't really in much danger(haven't got two tents so dont take cuts.....as silly as that might be that's just the reality). That isn't a gloat either it's just a scenario of what is the worst that can happen ? I could run a set of seeds which came from an infected plant and have a 1 in 10 chance that my grow won't turn out as I would want. It is not as if the stuff is going to kill you if you smoke/ingest it. It's just people are facing a X percent chance of having a fucked grow which will cost X in time and X in money for running costs.

Even medical growers who literally cant afford an interruption in supply could in theory from this day onwards totally protect themselves by having a mother and never running nowt else. Or have a mum and a daddy and produce a lifetime worth of "clean" seeds.

My total sympathies go out to the likes of people who have spent years building something only to have their work ruined...That is shite.

Can the seeds be "treated" in any way to rid them of the viroid prior to germing them ? That may be filed under "you stupid fucker diddy" but im genuinely just interested if there is any tech out there that could achieve this ? 

All these big nurseries over in the USA and Canada etc surely they will endeavour to rid themselves of this virus at any cost due to the fact that they are losing time and money on a huge scale due to the reduced quality and quantity. I know there are plenty crooks/shysters out there who won't bat an eyelid selling infected cuts and spreading this as they are getting $$$$ but then as a community surely they just need calling out and boycotted if and when proven to be passing shit around.

Just my 2p worth like.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

name and shame the nursery bro might save someone else if folk are still stupid enough to order from over the pond.

They've already been named in this thread

First class genetics

Et phone clones

Sherlock clones

And pretty much every other clone seller I would hazard a guess. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, 4kali said:

i dont think pictures would show the whole picture if you know what i mean but i will say this, the plants are doing weird things for thier stage of development which is 5 weeks flower.

they look like they are 3 weeks in and just not developing the same as the previous run with her, nothing like it.

its something i have never experienced.

i do believe one of the traits that this virus carries is, as i have described above, flower development just aint happening, im absoloutely gutted because its all going to have to come down. thats not the worse though because ive also been doing a bit of work/ breeding project, and was going to send some of the work in shortly for subbies . well that aint happening now, all that work with her is going in the bin

i aint having that shit on my toes,later down the line.imagine that, me spreading the virus thru seedstock. im fuckin pissed to say the least

im just hoping and praying that my old skunk plant as built a super immune system over the last few years to fight this shit because if i lost her words couldnt explain my thoughts

this shits fucked isnt it

can i just add

that i have been reassured 100%

that the suspect clone  i recieved was not given to me at the time when the dreaded virus was noticed in his garden, and that it came way before that time frame.

its me who has taken the decission to rid myself of her,

soleley on the facts that i have stated above, i would also like to say that the plants were in pristine condition before going into flower.

so why this has happened,fuck knows.

upon me just ditching all my plants and removing them from their pots the roots were pristine pearly white however i did notice on some of the leaves they were twisted at the end almost to 90 degrees and had a yellow mosaic (not mosaic virus but a distorted thing going on) there wasnt many but that along with the plants inability to commence flower production 

is good enough for me to say goodby.

• Like 6

get a room guys lol

@Personunknown

i dont think it was finger pointing as such mate, theres no denying @HELL YEA as produced a really nice strain there, one to be proud of, a fuckin freebie as well.

me, myself and i, like to know the genetics of seeds as well,  it doesnt matter weather its free or if i pay x amount of pounds, i want to know what im getting. thats just me personally

i think tensions are running high in some peoples gardens at the minute, myself included so please all bear that in mind with regards to this thread and some peoples responses

atb 4k

• Like 9

Does anyone know of anyone doing tests and which tests are the most reliable etc. Think I’m going to bite the bullet and try test what I really want. It’s better that way than doing another hops crop. The bud at the end of it isn’t even worth smoking lol I’ve had a few crops of it now its not even worth the electricity used to produce it.

• Like 5

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.instructables.com/Home-Plant-Tissue-Culture-Australian-Trigger-Plant/%3famp_page=true

@fatboy77 something thats crossed my mind before all this kicked off. I reckon if youve had previous mycological/lab/agar experience making slants and plate work that it shouldn't be beyond the reams of possibility at all from what I gather. 

It faff and a full on fuck on yes and certainly another element to the hobby for those serious. But also a backed up clean pest free library with little maintaincance.

I'm certainly not there yet necessity wise to be doing it DIY. If and that's a big fuck off if I did lose owt and it couldn't be gotten back clean, which is highly unlikely, then I'd def have a bash

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 6

I always though the only way to clean a plant of hlvd is using meristem tissue culture ? Though I'll be honest I don't know the difference between tissue culture and meristem tissue culture. 

I'm sure there's a lad in the US that sells tissue culture kits. 

I also follow joesrahami on insta who is full of knowledge on hlvd, think he's been on the FCP channel a few times aswell.

• Like 3

Meristem cells are plant cells that can become any type of cell (think stem cells in humans) 

Meristem Cell Tissue Culture is still quite new, but my understanding is it uses the Apical Meristem. Which is basically the very core of the leading growth tip. At this point the plant cells are non distinct because the plant will need to designate what those cells become in order to adapt to changes in environment and light conditions etc. 

The basic theory is that when these cells are created they are clean and viroid free, in the lab they access these cells by taking the growth tip and peeling back all the layers under a microscope until there's nothing left to peel away.

The part of the process I'm not sure about is how they then take these cells and grow them into a new plant it seems that's the trade secret from what I can tell.

• Like 6