On 5/20/2021 at 6:35 PM, geo1 said:

No stress about the closeness, try and tie them out if you have room. Something like this but yours will be on a bigger scale. That's 3 plants. You can string them to the ground and hammer in hooks

large.DSC_0461.jpg

Thanks for that pic gave me the confidence to not only leave things as they are put after todays visit going to add 4 more rows of 3.

Yes another visit while the weather was ok to plant out some non RGSC stuff to clear the decks for the new seeds.

Grabbed a pic while i was there they were looking a little hungry to be honest as i have only added organic spud ferts so i topped dressed with some bonemeal and growmore.

Malawi x NL x DFG at the back with the 6 Mighty Gold BX1 in front of them.

large.20210522_160657.jpg

I put 2 of each of these in this morning to soak but after plot visit added another in each.

large.20210522_063240.jpglarge.20210522_063951.jpg

And the 3 other freebies will make up the last row of 3.

large.20210522_170626.jpg

There's an area to one side i partially cleared earlier in the year would take to much work to get it fully prepped in time but thinking of clearing the undergrowth back further and then popping the remaining 9 seeds in 5 gallon fabric plots.

STAY SAFE OUT THERE.:smokin:

• Like 7

First up the babies all but one up so hope to get these out in a week to ten days.

large.20210526_175003.jpglarge.20210526_174702.jpg

Got dropped off a bit closer today and wandered to plot to check on others i put out the weekend so grabbed some pics.

Malawi x NL x DFG.

large.20210526_170136.jpg

Mighty Gold BX1.

large.20210526_170144.jpg

Group pics.

large.20210526_170148.jpglarge.20210526_170159.jpg

Some nice thick stems on the mighty gold's.

And the area i'm going to clear the vegetation right back to put some in 5 gallon fabric pots.

large.20210526_170321.jpg

• Like 9

Changes are afoot being as it was pay day yesterday i know have a couple of thousand ltrs of compost in the shed waiting for transport and 15 gallon pots on their way.

Picked up more water retaining crystals as well no coco though some bugger must have got there before me not even a small block left.

I do however have some very grave news i have had either my very first fail to germinate RGSC seed or it's on the floor of my mancave i was very stoned when potting them so the later sounds the most logical as i couldn't find the seed when i emptied the pot out. lol

The seed was a purple freeze but intend to pop the other 3 next weekend so no probs.

Babies wish they were bigger.

large.20210529_175255.jpglarge.20210529_175417.jpg

Think i will get some jiffys for the last lot though as the flower cab will be taken once these are out and think i got 9 left to pop so don't think i will be able to squeeze them all in to start.

• Like 6

Bugger i forgot to take a pic i did finally find the missing purple freeze seed and indeed it was on the mancave floor all dead and manky looking so went in the bin. lol

So there's a lesson don't get to stoned when planting seeds plants mm should be ok harder to go missing.

Anyway i gone and done a plot visit wanted to do some work and alterations around the side of the plot take a couple of non RGSC out of the bed so had to take some pics of the ladies while i was there they were fed and watered after i took the pics.

large.20210531_134701.jpglarge.20210531_134714.jpglarge.20210531_134638.jpg

The one in front of them is coming out and moving to the side in a large pot plan on putting the 6 mighty freeze in 2 rows in front of the 9 ladies which are there will start tying these down soon no trees this year remember.

I have 4 x 15 gallon about 70ltr fabric pots reserved for the 2 purple freeze bx1 and 2 of the exo gold bx1 and gonna bend the shit out of them i seen ch@ppers pics from last year and that purple freeze looked stunning they will need another week before going out though which gives me time to get more gear to plot.

Will do an update on the babies when i get time but i have dropped the last 9 seeds into shot glasses an hour ago 3 strains so 3 of each will find room somehow dont ask. lol

I am not tempting fate with them mighty golds i seen this last year with the GG#5 X Freiseland and ended up with giants so a tie down is in order on all 6 early on will get to it soon.

Before i sign off any new growers to the great outdoors would do well to read old diaries @ocb winning diary last year is a bloody good read and really shows what can be done in our great outdoors.

And u want to see graft check out the sheep cant wait to meet him mate we will have to sort an in between plot out for next year i'm really sorry i have had no time this season.

Maybe 6 from u 6 from me be nice to have a natter.

Will update on seeds and seedlings maybe tomorrow until then......

• Like 8

On 6/1/2021 at 2:23 PM, ocb said:

Cheers mate.. I'll pull up a chair. Your plants are lookin nice and healthy

Thanks for the encouragement it means a lot i have spent days reading old diaries on here and picked up a lot of good tips especially from u and the mad sheep exile bereal etc i would advise anybody who is starting out to read as much as possible.

I liked your tent peg drag down and going to use it this year on the plot and a few others which will be in large pots probably the weekend if i have time the mighty golds were starting to go for it last visit so they are the first i reckon.

I was hoping for more growth on the first out as i have the stakes cut and a strip of the 2" squared plastic stuff at hand to go over the top like a mini scrog on the back 3 which should get most daylight.

Got a lot on at weekend but hope to do a visit or 2 with supplies so will grab some pics then of plot.

The babies on the other hand are doing well the latest bean popping has resulted in 8/9 so far.

large.20210604_190148.jpg

Was all i had so i could get em all in the 3 up in the cells are exo gold the 3 in the pots are mighty freeze and the other 2 are purple freeze with one yet to show.

Hope it comes to maintain my 100% germ record we shall forget about the one that ended up on the mancave floor. lol

These will go out next week sometime all RGSC except the larger clone.

large.20210604_190314.jpg

Going to put the 2 purple freeze and the best 2 exo gold into large 15 gallon pots and try and train them one pot each.

To be honest the way the mighty golds been growing i think i should have started the mighty freeze when i done them as they are the earlies.

Will try and do a plot update sometime over the weekend but until then......

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tomateo.grower said:

Looking great so far mate. They loving all this sun!

A bit too much it seems done a couple of drop offs this morning didnt grab any pics as was in a hurry.

But they look like the ones i did last year so they getting trained sooner rather than later some are already well over 2ft and still look hungry.

I have a lot on this weekend but will try and get back there sometime and grab some pics and add some more ferts.

• Like 1

As my plans changed today i went and done another drop off 3rd one today so is ready for a beer or 2.

I moved the black dog out of the bed so now the bed will be all RGSC.

Been trying to work out the planting of the next out to be honest and think i now have everything sussed out.

Will post pics when i plant out so i remember where everything is. lol

The first pic is what i see when i pop my head round the corner and into the plot.

large.20210605_142011.jpg

As u can see going to have to get brutal with these soon and tie them down.

To be fair they all look good the Malawi x NL x DFG at the back of the plot and were the first out all 3 been topped.

large.20210605_135031.jpglarge.20210605_135042.jpg

The Mighty Gold bx1 just as tall some of them.

large.20210605_135020.jpglarge.20210605_135012.jpg

Group pic.

large.20210605_135001.jpg

Chucked down some more dry ferts and gave them all a good drink got a water source nearby but was still a trek back and fore with one watering can gonna have to get another to plot..

There's some big old fan leaves on the mighty golds some bigger than my hand already.

Hopefully will update at plant out of the next lot and do a seperate update on the torturing of these above but until then.....

• Like 8

Update on the plot and babies first the babies.

They are predictably starting to stretch under the purple light i am defo gonna replace it with a small board for next season.

All RGSC except the black dog clone in the middle.

large.20210609_174537.jpg

The next are the ones a week or more behind these and will be my last out the final purple freeze bx1 showed up to make it 100% germ rate even the manky one that failed to hit dirt had a root.

large.20210609_174544.jpg

The first 2 pics were taken yesterday in the sunshine.

large.20210608_170012.jpglarge.20210608_170550.jpg

The 3 at the back are the Malawi x NL x DFG and they are at 3 different stages the smaller one on the left is flowering the middle one i'm seeing a couple of preflowers and the taller one on the right nothing yet.

large.20210609_164946.jpglarge.20210609_164939.jpglarge.20210609_164953.jpg

The mighty gold bx1 are looking mighty bloody fine see butty some pushing 3ft with some massive thick stems on em.

large.20210609_165158.jpg

Excuse the manky finger nails but i work for a living. lol

Edited by murphyblue
added pic
  • Like 5

Pre-packed the rucksack last night with more compost and a few other things ready for an early start.

Was up at 5 had a cuppa loaded the 12 into the trusty lidl ziptop bag mate picks me up at 6 drops me off closer to plot makes hell of a difference when your fully laden.

First up we have the newly planted.

2 Purple freeze BX1 both in 15 gallon pots.

large.20210612_091616.jpglarge.20210612_091619.jpg

3 Exo Gold BX1 one in a 15 gallon and the other 2 in 5 gallon.

large.20210612_091627.jpglarge.20210612_091623.jpg

Pot corner group pic with other non RGSC.

large.20210612_091658.jpg

The ones that went in the bed.

OPG x Freizland freebies in the row at back and the first 3 Mighty Freeze BX1 in front.

large.20210612_091608.jpg

The Malawi x NL x DFG are a picture of health as are all the early ones out.

large.20210612_091542.jpglarge.20210612_091548.jpglarge.20210612_091724.jpg

large.20210612_091733.jpg

Next up i tortured all 6 Mighty Gold BX1.

Crushed the stems bent them over and tied them to a stake looks a bit extreme but it worked well last year on some really late plant outs.

large.20210612_091602.jpglarge.20210612_091709.jpg

As i couldn't get any coco i had to raid the bottom of the bed to add some to the pots so will need to finish it again before the last 9 go out which means more lugging of compo cos i have had a right tit full of digging.

The pots will get re-arranged also once i got everything out.

All newly planted out had a seaweed watering in help them adapt to the big wide world.

Will try and pop back mid week and just check on things i'm sure the mighty golds will be fine they will soon pick back up and sort themselves out if we get the promised sunshine.

STAY SAFE OUT THERE. :smokin:

Edited by murphyblue
  • Like 7

I'm intrigued to see how the mighty golds will take to the training. I've never been so rough with my plants, I tie tops down north with some but no stem crushing. I imagine you won't be able to see soil through the canopy once they've picked up and sent up side shoots to challenge for apical dominance, it'll be a busy bed that's for sure! 

I love the look of plants that have had their apical tip compromised, tying the top down below the tallest side branches produces satisfying results IME. Every branch on the plant will kick into action thinking it's their chance to take the lead, producing several nice colas; it's a wonderful sight to behold! Red Purps takes to this extremely well, side branches producing much more bud than they would have otherwise as a result! But as I said, look forward to seeing how effective this super-cropping style approach is, I think it'll likely work better than my LST!

Anyway, lovely work so far, looks like you're all set and looking hopeful to be a self sufficient year! Top job :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

I'm intrigued to see how the mighty golds will take to the training. I've never been so rough with my plants, I tie tops down north with some but no stem crushing. I imagine you won't be able to see soil through the canopy once they've picked up and sent up side shoots to challenge for apical dominance, it'll be a busy bed that's for sure! 

I love the look of plants that have had their apical tip compromised, tying the top down below the tallest side branches produces satisfying results IME. Every branch on the plant will kick into action thinking it's their chance to take the lead, producing several nice colas; it's a wonderful sight to behold! Red Purps takes to this extremely well, side branches producing much more bud than they would have otherwise as a result! But as I said, look forward to seeing how effective this super-cropping style approach is, I think it'll likely work better than my LST!

Anyway, lovely work so far, looks like you're all set and looking hopeful to be a self sufficient year! Top job :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

These were a little bigger than i would have liked before doing it but they were all good healthy plants and it worked well last year.

Couple of pics from last year when i tried it on some late planted out jack herer.

large.DSCN2930.JPGlarge.DSCN2926.JPGlarge.DSCN2929.JPGlarge.DSCN2887.JPGlarge.DSCN2888.JPG

• Like 5

Top work :yep: @murphyblue  loving the full on hard love methodology mate,  pulling up a chair for the ride.    

I normally just put them out and neglect them lol    To be fair im hundreds of miles from my regular GG spot so i got no option but you are def making me think on doing a run closer to home and trying some of your tactics.    All the very best for this year and please keep the pics coming.   

• Like 2

Thanks for the good vibes mate gonna need it i think. :yep:

I might be totally bonkers mind. lol

But to put the case for my destruction in my defense i offer the first pic i took when i arrived to drop off ready for the last lot.

large.20210614_170138.jpg

These were at 90 degrees 2 days ago the vigor in these mighty golds @panik is unbelievable mate hope these are on the menu for next year.

It's defo had the desired affect any way the lowers seem a lot more interested now.

And i'm probably going to break another rule soon in that these are in for a haircut cant smoke leaves. lol

More pics of the mighty gold bx1's  2 days after i tortured them.

large.20210614_170206.jpglarge.20210614_170213.jpg

The Malawi x NL x DFG at the back i have just left to do their thing there's 3 plants all been topped the middle one is now flowering also yet nothing showing on the tallest one on the right.

large.20210614_170248.jpglarge.20210614_170429.jpglarge.20210614_170421.jpg

And the newly planted all doing well.

large.20210614_170343.jpglarge.20210614_170347.jpglarge.20210614_170350.jpg

Didn't water as we are due some rain mama nature will provide better than us mere humans.

There lies the case for the defense why cant we pack em in like the indoor boys we got a better light source than any of em. lol

• Like 5