A Guide to Building and Operating Bubblers

MU

if the ec is dropping too quickly that implies the nute strength is too weak but then we have this clawing leaves issue.

what is the size of the res and how many plants are in it and how much canna aqua are you putting in?

what are the min/max res temps?

how old are the plants and how big are they?

heres a couple of threads discussing clawing leaves..

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...&hl=claw+leaves

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...&hl=claw+leaves

Edited by MU

hi mu

after my last attempt at a diy bubbler (which didnt work to well coz the rez was way to small )and the ph must have been goin out im back with a bigger tank and more air

ive just got a halea aco9602 airpump 430 litre per hour to add to my other pumps i rekon ill have enough fizz this time the new rez is around 45-50litre i would guess coz i havent had chance to fill her up yet im waiting for some glue to dry to seal a hole in one end (its the old water tank for the house its huge)but ive cut it down so now it only stands 10 inches from the floor over this im gonna build a frame from wood so i can remove the tank if needed im gonna use blackout sheeting round the sides to block out the light from the rootzone on top will be a square of wood into which the pots will go

i was hoping you could give me some help by posting a stripped down version of this thread that i could come back to by reading one post rather than goin over the whole thread to find the relevant piece this would be regarding ph and cf readings for the various stages of the grow ive read this thread back to front inside out but as for remembering it

aaahhh stoners hey :yinyang:

im still building my new growroom im just waiting to paint it up install the bits and off we go im also on the lookout for a decent yet cheap cf meter any suggestions ?????

thanks

peppi

hi peppi,

im going to be writing an article based on this thread for a possible entry into weed world...

although its going to be based on my new system (see my latest grow diary for info). i would like to rewrite some of the original posts and improve the information but i cant edit old posts. :yinyang:

i want to include information about recirculatinig buckets and lots of new stuff ive learnt about cooling bubblers and other stuff too, but the only thing i can do is add new posts to the end of this thread, which is what i will do seeing as i have no other choice, but it means people will have to trawl the whole thread from beginning to end to find relevent info. i would have preferred to have all the information in the first couple of pages in the initial posts, all in logical sequence, but i cant do that without the right to edit old posts, so unfortunately people will have to read the whole thread to get more recent information ive added, or plan to add very soon.

anyway, gimme a week or two and i'll pm you my new article when its all done...

Edited by MU

hi mu matey

i just wanted to ask a question !!

ive just filled my new bubbler rez to see how much water it holds crikey it held 60 litres this left it about 6-8 inches from the top i have a 540 litre per hour airpump along with one of about 200 and one of about 100 will these provide me with enough air ??? also how many airstones do you think ill need in there the rez its self is about three feet long by about two feet and about 12 inches deep

peppi

hi matey,

your tubs sound very like my new ones!! my new tubblers are 80L but i reckon with the gap at the top for the netpots, they probably hold about 60-65L of water when used as tubblers...

also the dimensions sound the same, 3ft by 2ft by 1ft more or less...

ive set mine up to be 6 plant systems with a view that with seeds it will mean flowering approx 3 in each tubbler or with clones i could flower earlier and still room for 6 plants in each tub.

you could either use just your big pump, 540L one, or use both the small ones instead, the 100 + 200...

for mine, ive just switched to soaker hose, and im using 2 x 150L dual outlet pumps and its working fine...

so long as theres a good spread of plenty of bubbles particularly directly underneath where the plants will be, dont get too hung up on pump size.

its more important you keep the res temps around 66-72 degs F for maximum disolved oxygen because once the res becomes warm, say 75 degs F or above, the rate at which the water can hold disolved oxygen rapidly drops no matter how big your air pump is...

cheers peppi

mu

Edited by MU

cheers mu

water temps !!

ive got a water heater here from my ebb and flow so that wont be a problem

hhhhhmmmm soaker hose !!!! now youve got me thinking !! is that quieter than airstones ?? ive seen it for a couple of quid per meter . i was thinking you could probably get some tubing and put a load of holes in its length with something hot i did this once with a old pump to make a sort of drip system to feed a mother the pump came from a small water feature :guitar: it worked ok no problems !!

peppi :wassnnme:

Edited by Peppi

ive got a small pump but it says 430 i/h hmax 0,70m its only 6w so how much pressure is this and how many airstones would it run as im thinking of adding airstones to my nft

m2j,

adding airstones to your nft is not the same as adding airstones to bubblers, the goals are somewhat different.

with nft youre just looking to increase the oxygen a bit and stop any stagnation...

with bubblers youre aiming for maximum dissolved oxygen at the roots.

your pump is quite a strong one and will be overkill for running one or two airstones in your nft res.

it would be a better pump for bubblers where there is often a need to run several airstones so a more powerful pump comes in useful.

you only need to put one airstone in your nft tank and run it with a small pump.

Edited by MU

[cheers mate the pump ive got is actualy for my nft thinkin of putting a splitter on it and putting toblerone on the top tray were the water output is

[cheers mate the pump ive got is actualy for my nft thinkin of putting a splitter on it and putting toblerone on the top tray were the water output is

i used to have a nft way back i had a airstone in the bottom of the rez worked fine we had the water pump on 24-7

peppi :)

just realised its the missus thats logged on !!! bugger !!! ;)

Edited by cleosizzles

just realised its the missus thats logged on !!! bugger !!!

it IS friday night mate... you got one of 'er frocks on too peppi? :)

Edited by MU