A Guide to Building and Operating Bubblers

MU

great info fanx

It might be a good idea to try and add something to the threads, turbo posting doesnt go down well and can end up in a post count reset.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at setting up a bubbler system in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.8 space with 600w HPS

I intend to grow Barney's sweet tooth from seed so they are likely to get bigger than clones due to longer veg. In my experience sweet tooth doesnt bush out too much though.

How many DWC plants do you recon i could fit into that space?

I'm flexible between one big bucket or a bunch of smaller ones.

Also, I'd like to hear from someone who has tried alot of different nutes, which ones they prefer with bubblers. I'm asking for personal experiences, not just what you've heard.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi unbroken.

Personally in that size tent I'd run 4 plants in bubblers.

Maybe with a full indica you could try 6 but ime 4 is plenty!!!before you know it you'll be running out of room!!!the beauty of bubblers.roots equal shoots!!

25l per plant makes for easier life IMO.

They will fill your space that bit quicker than say just the one.

As for dwc nutes,for me it's ionic all day long.(no ionic boost for me though as it upsets the ph and was not worth the hastle at all for me.)

i stick to ionic with pk 13/14 for a week 3 weeks before harvest.time tested,idiot proof.I've been round the block a bit and bar plant magic have used most nutes common and not so....big up chempack crew pot for pennies lol.

I have settled back on ionic as its bob on,not expensive,one part(bottle for veg,bottle for flower) And most importantly for me,ph stable if ec is somewhere near!

I'd work from 1.2ec for with vegged cuttings,I would suggest 0.6/ 0.8 for young seedlings with ionic.

Go for it,and learn how to siphOn or get a cheap water pump.

Dwc is suited to lofts IMO as its so much easier to empty them if needed.

Best of luck

• Like 2

Errrr,just seen unbrokens date of post.. .

Reply fail.

How did I end up doin that when in recent posts...oh well!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi unbroken.

Personally in that size tent I'd run 4 plants in bubblers.

Maybe with a full indica you could try 6 but ime 4 is plenty!!!before you know it you'll be running out of room!!!the beauty of bubblers.roots equal shoots!!

25l per plant makes for easier life IMO.

They will fill your space that bit quicker than say just the one.

As for dwc nutes,for me it's ionic all day long.(no ionic boost for me though as it upsets the ph and was not worth the hastle at all for me.)

i stick to ionic with pk 13/14 for a week 3 weeks before harvest.time tested,idiot proof.I've been round the block a bit and bar plant magic have used most nutes common and not so....big up chempack crew pot for pennies lol.

I have settled back on ionic as its bob on,not expensive,one part(bottle for veg,bottle for flower) And most importantly for me,ph stable if ec is somewhere near!

I'd work from 1.2ec for with vegged cuttings,I would suggest 0.6/ 0.8 for young seedlings with ionic.

Go for it,and learn how to siphOn or get a cheap water pump.

Dwc is suited to lofts IMO as its so much easier to empty them if needed.

Best of luck

Hi great to know about ionic nutes as i was thinking about changing them but now i think I will just stop using the boost and get pk 13/14.

is there anything else you use as I was sold dutch pro (take root) as well?

(my set up is 3 20lt buckets, each one gets 320lph of air. 2 under a 250w hps and the other is under a 200w dual spec cfl to start them off)

any info you have is greatly welcome

cheers

erm :bong:

Edited by erm123

Hi erm.

Yeh the ionic boost messes with my ph so much that I crop more without using it...go figure lol

And bar a week of pk I use no other additives at all.

Good luck

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt

• 4 months later...

Hi erm.

Yeh the ionic boost messes with my ph so much that I crop more without using it...go figure lol

And bar a week of pk I use no other additives at all.

Good luck

stu, ionic boost is p/k ! its npk is 0/8.5/6.5 adding this and pk 13/14 will cause issues id expect

• 2 months later...

I'm looking at setting up a bubbler system in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.8 space with 600w HPS

I intend to grow Barney's sweet tooth from seed so they are likely to get bigger than clones due to longer veg. In my experience sweet tooth doesnt bush out too much though.

How many DWC plants do you recon i could fit into that space?

I'm flexible between one big bucket or a bunch of smaller ones.

Also, I'd like to hear from someone who has tried alot of different nutes, which ones they prefer with bubblers. I'm asking for personal experiences, not just what you've heard.

That size tent just one plant

post-77211-0-02558400-1388051480_thumb.jpg

post-77211-0-80995200-1388051497_thumb.jpg

Chocolopo at 9weeks sativa dom pheno 4week Veg under a 600w hps, grown with hydrotops advanced range of nutrients expecting around 30 but could be a little less well over a gram per watt though

post-77211-0-19366600-1388051914_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...