BUSTED GUERILLAS

On 19/07/2019 at 0:37 AM, highway_017 said:

Just read that bit about you pulling the indoors grow, police aren't really interested about some stoner growing a few plants for the most part, sure you may get the odd 'by the book' type fellow

but it's not the nineties anymore, I honestly can't see anything coming of this and I think you may end up regretting ripping your plants, end of the day could be wrong and dirty harry could be inbound as we speak.

Guess I depends on what you have to lose, a criminal record could ruin some people's lives, and careers. I say if that applies then you no what to do..... if in doubt chuck it out....and if the out is a lil guerrilla patch all the better

• Like 3

On 19/07/2019 at 2:20 PM, Jack010 said:

Had a very close call last year. Would have been screwed as I had a tent with drying buds in my attic at the time of the close call.

If you expect someone has been in your plot, by a trail cam and stash it near by to see if people are about.

One plot on a hill , had a plant at the very top and when I visited to water, it had been stood on, was nearly on the floor and so was the cage, I straightened it up, it had animals hair on it so though it was sheep or dogs. Happened on three visits. 

Went there to cut down at harvest and it was down again, this plot was a few yards from another plot, so plan was to cut all these down , carry to the other plot, cut them down and trim all plants in the bushes (all small plants)

So on getting to 2nd plot, puts the cut plants in the bushes and went to start cutting the 2nd plot plants and I heard crashing through the bushes.

i dived in the bushes and laid down cos it was two men and a load of dogs and they changed direction and headed towards my plot.

Few dogs walked to me , looked at me and went back to the two men, both men stopped at the 2nd plot, about 5 yards from me, whispering to each other and pointing at my plants.

Fucking dog came over, looked at me again, ran back to the men and started barking.

I dived down the bank and legged it home.

No police about over the next few hours so I thought it was ok, they might just rip the plants now they are ready. 

I decided id go back at night to check if the already cut down plants where in bushes and they where, along with the 2nd plot untouched 

Cut them all and rammed them in my bag and ran home

gets to the field behind my house and see torch lights bouncing around and heard dogs barking.

Thought it must be them or the police, I dived in the bushes, sat there shaking and panicking and the light was coming through the bushes, could here the dog breathing as it comes through the bushes and right up to me.

Turns out it was my mate with his dogs out looking for rats for the guy who owns the field.

I shat my self tho, thought I was busted, me with a bag full of bud and a tent in attic full of drying bud

live and learn. The guys where farmer and son who owned the land, they must have been checking my plots waiting for me to come back, not sure if they put a tail cam up or other camera to check, I always have face covered visiting plots, real tree balaclava 

:pitchfork:

Fuk that dude...squeaky bum time lol

• Like 2

On 23/08/2019 at 7:52 AM, Socksnsandals said:

Would definitely never take an air rifle to a GG (if I had a GG) because that would be armed trespass (up to 3/12 imprisonment +/- £2500 fine, or 6/12 +/- £5000 if loaded) and I expect the police or landowners would be far more inclined to give you an extra hard time. (ETA the link is just a synopsis of airgun law I found on the web, not an instance of a prosecution)  http://www.prestonshooters.org.uk/downloads/misc/pdf/airgun_rules.pdf

Gonna go get myself a catapult and start training lollol

• Like 2

@Revive Shouts for bumping this thread should be bumped at the start of very season lol gave me a nice afternoon read during lockdown.  Also got  me thinking on how safe my cider plot is. I may still rol with it but just do the one In there ,  and see how it goes with very few and far btween visits. But it won't be until at least June as farmers planted out late . I'd like to think my other two plots are secure because both are on private land that I've gained Th land owners permission to be on stay safe and be vidulent 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, the rambler said:

@Revive Shouts for bumping this thread should be bumped at the start of very season lol gave me a nice afternoon read during lockdown.  Also got  me thinking on how safe my cider plot is. I may still rol with it but just do the one In there ,  and see how it goes with very few and far btween visits. But it won't be until at least June as farmers planted out late . I'd like to think my other two plots are secure because both are on private land that I've gained Th land owners permission to be on stay safe and be vidulent 

I wish I had permission to be on someone's private land dude.. assuming he dont no what your up to or does he?

I'm crawling through undergrowth and bramble looking looking looking. Pain in the arse geeze

• Like 3

5 hours ago, the rambler said:

lol dude I didn't realise this was an old post... pretty new on here so not quite mastered use of the site but hey your right... we are all active at this time of year so keeps us on our toes.... always needed!!

1 hour ago, Revive said:

I'm crawling through undergrowth and bramble looking looking looking. Pain in the arse geeze

Tbh I love it :). I grew up in the countryside and for the first 14 or so yrs of my life it was all playing in woods, tree houses, manhunt, bike tracks etc. Many a story like Jack010's above obviously minus the gg'ing. Then i discovered booze, girls and going out... 20 or so years later due to gg'ing i find myself back out in nature and it's like reliving my youth again :) ... feel so at home. Made me realise all that stuff inbetween was bullshit. Without being an arrogant so and so i find a lot of the issues I read here seem really odd to me... aside from the actual growing bit(still learning) i find it all so easy... finding plots, clearing, getting around undetected, putting up quick shelters etc although i understand how it may be different for town and city folk. I seem to have just snaped straight back into all like some kinda poor mans Bear Grylls haha. I always remember my town mates were f**king useless when it came to the outdoors to the point where it got really irritating lol. I've even found myself stalking the odd dog walker/ramblers on occasion just for the shits n giggles to see how close i can get although probably not the wisest thing to do.

@Jack010 - I bet the post adrenaline high once you realised you were safe and could reflect was as good as any spliff that eve ;)

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, Rennie_99 said:

Tbh I love it :). I grew up in the countryside and for the first 14 or so yrs of my life it was all playing in woods, tree houses, manhunt, bike tracks etc. Many a story like Jack010's above obviously minus the gg'ing. Then i discovered booze, girls and going out... 20 or so years later due to gg'ing i find myself back out in nature and it's like reliving my youth again :) ... feel so at home. Made me realise all that stuff inbetween was bullshit. Without being an arrogant so and so i find a lot of the issues I read here seem really odd to me... aside from the actual growing bit(still learning) i find it all so easy... finding plots, clearing, getting around undetected, putting up quick shelters etc although i understand how it may be different for town and city folk. I seem to have just snaped straight back into all like some kinda poor mans Bear Grylls haha. I always remember my town mates were f**king useless when it came to the outdoors to the point where it got really irritating lol. I've even found myself stalking the odd dog walker/ramblers on occasion just for the shits n giggles to see how close i can get although probably not the wisest thing to do.

@Jack010 - I bet the post adrenaline high once you realised you were safe and could reflect was as good as any spliff that eve ;)

Good read dude, I guess it's a location thing, I'm not exactly surrounded by loads of green space so finding plots that tick my boxes are hard to come by. Not really1 for putting out loads of ladys here there and everywhere to hope for the best.i try to look for foolproof plots that are impossible for anyone to to even get to if they was looking for it,  places where nobody is gonna stumble across my girls.i dont want to put all the graft in to lose the prize at the end of it... I do this for me own personal use and also the thrill and fun of it. I would hate for my plot to get found by anyone be it plod or rippers cause the thought of having to wait so long for the next season to start would be to much to bare. Back to buying bags at £10 a g... na dude not for me I'm a gready fuker and toke from eyes open to eyes shut every day that would cost me a small fortune. Plus where would I get my fix of fun if I never had my hobby...I dred to think lol

Edited by Revive
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Revive said:

I wish I had permission to be on someone's private land dude.. assuming he dont no what your up to or does he?

One of them does yeah and hes the caretaker for the land as well :cowboy: he turned round n went " A don't let no one see you n B after lock down we will do it together :smokin:il get the strimers out and come down to help you"

. "no ones going to question us. As I do all the maintance down here, just haven't done it in a while" So ive tunnelled in through some fairly thick gorse about a 100 ft and im at the edge of the bracken now. On this particular plot theres a old horse trough turned upside down, so its a great "drop off point " for sheers water run etc.  

7 hours ago, Rennie_99 said:

Tbh I love it :). I grew up in the countryside and for the first 14 or so yrs of my life it was all playing in woods, tree houses, manhunt, bike tracks etc. Many a story like Jack010's above obviously minus the gg'ing. Then i discovered booze, girls and going out... 20 or so years later due to gg'ing i find myself back out in nature and it's like reliving my youth again :) ... feel so at home. Made me realise all that stuff inbetween was bullshit. Without being an arrogant so and so i find a lot of the issues I read here seem really odd to me... aside from the actual growing bit(still learning) i find it all so easy... finding plots, clearing, getting around undetected, putting up quick shelters etc although i understand how it may be different for town and city folk. I seem to have just snaped straight back into all like some kinda poor mans Bear Grylls haha.

Love this @Rennie_99 sounds a lot like the woods were my cider plot backs out onto  and the fact weve had a similar child re back to nature back to basics approach 

No mater how the season goes down stay safe guys 

Edited by the rambler
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, the rambler said:

One of them does yeah and hes the caretaker for the land as well :cowboy: he turned round n went " A don't let no one see you n B after lock down we will do it together :smokin:il get the strimers out and come down to help you"

. "no ones going to question us. As I do all the maintance down here, just haven't done it in a while" So ive tunnelled in through some fairly thick gorse about a 100 ft and im at the edge of the bracken now. On this particular plot theres a old horse trough turned upside down, so its a great "drop off point " for sheers water run etc.  

Love this @Rennie_99 sounds a lot like the woods were my cider plot backs out onto  and the fact weve had a similar child re back to nature back to basics approach 

No mater how the season goes down stay safe guys 

Dude that sounds awesome, nice to have the backing of the caretaker, wat a touch aye? Guess you must no him pretty well then? And he is sound right? I always worry me about having anyone else in the mix if honest but would love that extra pair of hands at times...hope you smash it this season fella...best of luck!!

I was out in the thick of it this morning about 12ish and saw a guy in the distance full army cammo on spade deep in the mud.

I don't know if he saw me or if YOU did but I turned back around, if you are reading this post i'd just thought I'd let you know I'm the type to come up and ask if you wanna do some work toghter.

I would rather personally keep a plot going for years and build trust than steal some outdoor weed ☺ peace.

• Like 6

On 23/04/2020 at 3:01 PM, whats_luring said:

I was out in the thick of it this morning about 12ish and saw a guy in the distance full army cammo on spade deep in the mud.

I don't know if he saw me or if YOU did but I turned back around, if you are reading this post i'd just thought I'd let you know I'm the type to come up and ask if you wanna do some work toghter.

I would rather personally keep a plot going for years and build trust than steal some outdoor weed ☺ peace.

Had a little moment similar myself this week... just finished up and leaving plot through the brush and almost came face to face with a pair of ramblers, one of those 'freeze' moments where if they had looked up at all they would of seen me camo'd up with fork over one shoulder and a bag of dirt over the other... fortunagtely they didn't and it was another successful day at the office :). 

Reason for my post, with regards to getting 'busted'... what's the deal with numbers of plants and clones/seedlings?.. in terms of at home/indoor iv'e always taken it to be purely numbers thing, ie how many individual plants not the yeild/strength etc but surely even the coppers must have to apply some sort of common sense to this? What i mean for ex... say you have 2 mature plants in flower as well as 30odd clones in a propergator, would that go down as being nicked with 32 or 2 or just whatever the asshats feel like slamming you with? The numbers i here/read seem to vary... i always thought 9 and under is a bolocking/fine at worst but i have recently read that is more like up to 24. I know of someone who had a full hydro set up in a loft with 100 plants that only got a fine in the end (dragged out for some time tho). Due to my poor success rate i'd like to be taking clones in large quantities but the above had me slighly concerned about doing so... likewise with germing from seed.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I work/help out on a game shoot and hear from the gamekeeper about the guerrilla grows he comes across every couple of years. He doesn't have any strong views on smoking the weed, and wouldn't call the police over a grow, but theft of farm equipment, vandalism of bird feeders and such like, and fly tipping are constant problems which makes people sensitive of strangers poking around in the bushes. If the plots they find have more than one or two plants, there's also the immediate assumption that this a commercial grow by - potentially - some nasty fuckers involved in organised crime, and so if you bump into them coming from your plots, you might want to bear in mind that that's the conclusion they might've jumped to.

I don't do outdoor growing myself, but I would have thought that anyone thinking of starting a plot on farm land managed for shooting isn't going to have much success, as gamekeepers are out there literally 24/7 and can tell if anything's been even slightly disturbed. But you guys have bigger balls than me...respect.:yinyang:

• Like 8

gamekeepers are like countryside ninjas. 

my oldest brother was one for years. I remember him telling me about when he worked on the west coast of Scotland, and was out one night lamping foxes (spotlight out the van window, scanning the countryside - if the eyes are  red- get out gun, and shoot it between them).

Anyway he used to drive along the coast roads at about 2mph with his lights out (no one else was likely to be about, im talking as remote as it gets). 

Anyway, as he drove past a sea loch he spotted a transit van, and thought it was tinks, parked up for the night - but as he got closer he could hear people moving about on the beach. Because this was like 3 in the morning he thought they might be poachers, so he puts on the spotlight, and sees a bunch of big lads unloading bales from a dinghy. they scattered in all directions, the rubber dinghy screams off. I asked him what he did, and he said - I got the fuck out of there, went home, told no one...

I bet they shit themselves ha ha 

• Like 14