BUSTED GUERILLAS

Never been busted but a good few years ago me and a friend had a 'few' babies ready to be planted. We had two separate plots probably about a mile from each other. We decided to plant in both plots all in one day.

We chose to do the furthest away plot first as getting back from the closer plot was a bastard but getting there was easy (jumping down a river bank)

So we stashed the babies for the 1st plot and continued to the 2nd plot. We planted in the 2nd plot and then made our way to the stashed babies.

Now bear in mind this place was quiet. I checked out this place maaaany times before and never seen a living soul once. You couldn't drive there, you could only walk. And where we stashed them it would have took a very very long walk to get to them. They were gone. Pots and all.

It absolutely fucking freaked us both out for a long time. I still can't get my head around it. We weren't even gone for that long.

I'd do almost anything to find out what exactly happened. Proper weird.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Never been busted but a good few years ago me and a friend had a 'few' babies ready to be planted. We had two separate plots probably about a mile from each other. We decided to plant in both plots all in one day.

We chose to do the furthest away plot first as getting back from the closer plot was a bastard but getting there was easy (jumping down a river bank)

So we stashed the babies for the 1st plot and continued to the 2nd plot. We planted in the 2nd plot and then made our way to the stashed babies.

Now bear in mind this place was quiet. I checked out this place maaaany times before and never seen a living soul once. You couldn't drive there, you could only walk. And where we stashed them it would have took a very very long walk to get to them. They were gone. Pots and all.

It absolutely fucking freaked us both out for a long time. I still can't get my head around it. We weren't even gone for that long.

I'd do almost anything to find out what exactly happened. Proper weird.

You where probably seen going into the area and followed.  Or some one found your path into the plot and walked in out of interest. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

You where probably seen going into the area and followed.  Or some one found your path into the plot and walked in out of interest. 

Yeah I considered that, but the sheer walk was ridiculous just for a curious person. There wouldn't have been a path either as the grass was fairly short at the time. It was also a place where you wouldn't just randomly go for a walk.

Although I pretty much have no clue, my random guess is the landowner had a live trail came or something like that? Oh I don't know. God knows. Literally just clutching at straws at this point lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hole in the clouds said:

@Underdog 

You say a river bank could it maybe be an angler quietly working his way upstream on the river he would have heard you a mile off. 

I mean anything is possible but I spent much time near that river and never spotted anyone. Plus getting up the side of that river bank you'd need a ladder. (Something I built to get up and down it in the end haha)

It’s a possibility maybe. Would freak me out too the odds of it being someone who would take them rather than just leave alone or inform police too. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hole in the clouds said:

It’s a possibility maybe. Would freak me out too the odds of it being someone who would take them rather than just leave alone or inform police too. 

Still freaks me out to this day. Also you couldn't be unprepared and carry the lot either. You'd need a large box to safely take them away or a large bag to just stuff them in. Arghhhh the more I think about it the more it does my head in mate.

Edited by Underdog
typo

• 5 months later...

Apologies for bumping an old thread but this is 10/10 reading

Never caught but have had many hairy experiences over the years....

My second ever grow was on a railway embankment, 6 plants in 2 ammended beds of clay soil. Poor assesment of the site caused me believe it was more secure than it was...

21st August I approach my site my usual way crawling through a large hedgerow which ran between the railway tracks and an area of marshland nature reserve when I hear what I believed at the time to be a chainsaw about 150 meters in the direction of my site. I thought it must be the railway maintenance or the landowner cutting back boughs of trees in the very unkempt hedgerows in the area. being in a place where I did not expect to encounter human activity I wisely abandoned the watering visit.

A few days later I popped down there to find my plants destroyed and paths cut through the surrounding vegetation by a strimmer as if whoever found my plants was checking in the vicinity for any others.

Turns out I most likely came for a watering run whilst the landowners / police whatever were in the act of doing this!

Only harvested 2 plants out of 8 from 2 plots that season but I consider any amount of harvest a win. I think greed was my downfall at that particular site. It was only suitable for 1 or 2 plants instead of the 6 photos I planted there and if i had been more observant I wouldve realised that people passed quite close fairly frequently...

I suspect that the stench of the WWxBB and serious 6 gave the game away to when they started to flower...

Theres another tale which involves army crawling through knee high grass while (presumably) police or private security scan a torch across a series of meadows (presumably) acting on a tip off about a strange guy in camo walking around at 1AM in the pissing rain with a giant rucksack on. I suspect that walking past a residential care facitility for a shortcut caught someones attention, either on CCTV or someone on fag break. Needless to say, from that point onwards I went out of my way to avoid going anywhere near habitations while visiting grows, especially during the night. Perhaps I was mistaken for a potential poacher or burglar?

Edited by Mad Barry
  • Like 6