Sherbinskis The New, Pineapple Skunk Regs and some HSO Fems

@unityIts 2 x 275 Scope Strips that have extended frames and have been bolted together. It’s a snug fit but it gives you very even wall to wall lights.

I am loving them so far and they look very futuristic, they are extremely bright, the photos don’t really convey how bright they are.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 2

Lights off today and it’s 22c in there at the moment. I am going to put 2 tube heaters in this evening for lights off when it gets proper cold outside.

Other jobs for today will be setting up my dehumidifier on the end of the intake ducting, I will get some photos of how I do it.

I will also be getting an extension lead so I can put a couple of my clip on fans above the lights blowing warm air down into the canopy, I am thinking in the future maybe hang a few big PC fans above the light blowing the air downwards.

I think I read somewhere to maybe try intake air in the top and extract from the bottom to suck the warm air down, it sounds logical but I would have to loose 1 plant as the filter would be on the floor.

10 days ago I took some cuts, I put the in compost in a prop left them alone with gentle heat from below on my old TV set top box, today I checked and they are now rooted. I have put them under the QB in the big prop tent with the fan and filter.

HSO & Seedism Rooted Cuts

large.P1240145.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

Other jobs for today will be setting up my dehumidifier on the end of the intake ducting, I will get some photos of how I do it.

Hey m8, this will be interesting to see, I have my humidity sitting pretty good, but on wet rainy days it goes straight up to abt 70%...

3 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

I will also be getting an extension lead

This caught me out badly, I never noticed to two power led’s on the end off the new  lead, it caused me two hermi run’s before I figure’d out what the problem was :wallbash:, an they weren’t very bright...

Im sure ur more experienced than me, to get caught like that, just saying dude...

Good luck with newer set-up m8...

• Like 3

@AmoCheers dude, yeah it’s got be 100% dark at lights off so I got one without LEDs on it.

@tokenroll@diyledukI have taken on what you guys said about upping the temps and had a bit of a jiggle about in the tent and when I got home tonight it was sitting at a smidgen under 29c at the canopy top one and half hours after lights on.

large.520A917E-15E2-4F6A-B368-252F24F70C6F.jpeg

I have been worrying all day about having to dial the tent in again so I was very happy when I got home and saw that temp this evening. 

I turned the extract fan down a 3rd with a cheap variispeed controller, its the most I can turn it down and keep negative pressure with my intake fan running.

large.P1240177.jpg

I have 3 clip on fans and I have attached 2 of them on the tents roof bar blowing downwards through the light frame down onto the plants.

large.P1240156.jpg

I also put the drivers inside the tent after finding out they are splashproof, I dropped the light down to 20 inches above the canopy and I have turned the heat mat thermostat upto 25c.

It seems these little changes have made a big difference to the temps and the plants are praying towards the light this evening.

Another good thing about the Scope Strips is you can hang temp probes down to the canopy tops from the framework , here is one I made with a little hat for the probe to keep it in the shade.

large.P1240168.jpg

large.P1240169.jpg

large.P1240174.jpg

This is the Blueberry Headband where you can clearly see the purple leaf stems, hopefully how I have upped the temps this won’t get any worse.

large.P1240175.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 6

Don't worry to much about the pink leaf stems it's something that shows a lot with the leds. Im not sure about the heat mat at that temp if it is too much for the roots, might be best to ask a dirt grower. Other than that you should be running fine now.

Toke...

• Like 3

@tokenrollThanks for the nod on the purple stems, apart from that the plants look really healthy so no need to fret about that anymore.

When it’s hot outside my root zone temps quite often go above 25, it’s been upto 27c in that heatwave last year. I had them on 23 anyway and it’s a proper horticultural mat that gives off a gentle heat so I will see how it goes.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

@tokenrollThanks for the nod on the purple stems, apart from that the plants look really healthy so no need to fret about that anymore.

When it’s hot outside my root zone temps quite often go above 25, it’s been upto 27c in that heatwave last year. I had them on 23 anyway and it’s a proper horticultural mat that gives off a gentle heat so I will see how it goes.

The purple stems as @tokenroll has said is down to the LED brother, totally normal and by the look of things the plants are loving the @diyleduk strips  ;)

Nice bit of tinkering to get the temps up, well into the stretch phase now ;)

Going get interesting in here very, very soon :yep:

Can't wait  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

@Dinafem-MarkCheers dude, sorry I have been quiet in here, I am back now the really fun stuff has started.

Today the plants are at day 22 and I have managed to get some photos of them yesterday @ day 21.

This is my first flower run using LEDs and so far I am blown away by them, the plants are loving life under them and the flowers are getting very frosty already.

I have been slowly dropping the Scope Strips down to get the temps up to the late 20s and they are 16 inches off the tops at the moment. I got myself a watt meter and it turns out they don’t run at full power at factory settings, my 550w custom scope is actually running at 505w so I have another 45w in reserve for when the temps drop over the winter.

The plants are looking nice in early flower, I have been feeding 3ml Fishmix and 1ml bloom with a tiny bit of silicon once a week. I will stop the silicon now and up the Bloom to 2ml. Some plants are looking a bit hungry so a one off feed of 4ml Fishmix on some of them this week.

Here are some shots of the tent @ day 21, they were veged for too long really so it’s a bit crowded which is why they are so tall and lanky. Next time I will be aiming to keep them much shorter.

It will be ok although some of them are rootbound and now need watering every two days, lots of extra work for me over the coming weeks.

large.P1240214.jpg

large.P1240238.jpg

large.P1240235.jpg

large.P1240224.jpg

large.P1240222.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 8

This my favourite plant in there at the moment, a big old rootbound HSO Pineapple Skunk in an 11 litre pot that is going from waterlogged to bone dry in two days, she is consuming 5 litres of water and nutrients every 2 days. 

Beautiful deep green and very shiny foliage on her makes her stand out from the others, she has multiple colas forming after lots of topping and and training. I am glad I took a cutting of her. 

HSO Pineapple Skunk (shiny Pheno)

large.P1240279.jpg

Yeah 

large.P1240274.jpg

large.P1240270.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 4

This is the other one, she is not so nice looking as the other one but I did some defoliantion on my plants this evening and when I was cutting her she was proper reeking of berries and pungent cheese.

She has a more chunky structure than the other with less colas, I am hoping she will be a big yielder of some stinky skunky chunky colas.

The other Pineapple Skunk (cheesy pheno)

large.P1240285.jpg

large.P1240288.jpg

large.P1240292.jpg

• Like 6

This Blueberry Headband was quite the stretcher and I had to LST the two tallest colas as they shout up too high. Some big long colas forming and she is frosting up nicely already.

She is looking quite pale andI think she is a greedy girl so yesterday I gave a one off 5ml Fishmix boost to see if I can green her up a bit.

Blueberry Headband 

large.P1240240.jpg

large.P1240253.jpg

large.P1240261.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 8

nice multi layer`d update belch, an some real nice green, green colouring...

really liking seeing the underneath train`d pic`s, show both way`s, top an let go, or top an spread out....

I have been doing the top an spread out way up til now which can leave the centre crowd`d if not trimmed out properly, so next grow I`ll try the top an let go way, just to see which is handier, if either... lol   

good luck dude...

• Like 2

That Pineapple Skunk looks wonderful mate, a real lush green ;) Good job with the cuts too :yep:

On 9/15/2019 at 9:50 PM, Smokebelch said:

I got myself a watt meter and it turns out they don’t run at full power at factory settings, my 550w custom scope is actually running at 505w so I have another 45w in reserve for when the temps drop over the winter.

When you dim or up the power on your drivers dude, don't forget to replace the soft rubber grommets, with having your drivers on the floor ;) Not sure if there is more waterproofing inside where the screws are (there probably is and DIY or Toke will know) but I'm sure the grommets are there for a reason. Easy to misplace or forget I suppose, so just a concerned reminder dude :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Not sure if there is more waterproofing inside where the screws are (there probably is and DIY or Toke will know) but I'm sure the grommets are there for a reason. Easy to misplace or forget I suppose, so just a concerned reminder dude :)

@diyleduk Can you assist with this question/query my friend  :yep:

@Smokebelch coming back just as the real fun is beginning. Starting to hit full bloom mode now brother and looking as expected, fantastic  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 15/09/2019 at 9:59 PM, Smokebelch said:

This my favourite plant in there at the moment, a big old rootbound HSO Pineapple Skunk in an 11 litre pot that is going from waterlogged to bone dry in two days, she is consuming 5 litres of water and nutrients every 2 days. 

Now that's one hungry lady ;)

You taken cuts of this one brother? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2