Sherbinskis The New, Pineapple Skunk Regs and some HSO Fems

I was lucky enough to be gifted a 3 pack of the much hyped and discussed HSO strain The New. Like the other diaries this is no place for taking the piss out of the breeder or the price of the seeds, I personally think they are too expensive and I would never spend that much on seeds no matter how good they are. @HSO-MarkThanks for the seeds dude, you know I will do you a detailed and honest photo diary of these, let the fun begin.

With that out of the way I will be doing an honest warts and all review of these when I grow them out, I don't know Sherbinski, I never heard of him before all this started on here so I don't mind calling him out if these turn out to be shit, I will be taking a ton of photos from germination right up until harvest so its all going to be here in black and white for everyone to see.

As usual they have arrived in the nice wooden packaging that all HSO seeds arrive in. I am not opening them yet as I have other plans germinating the PS regs for now but when I do I will probably end up breaking the glass like I always do. I doesn't really matter if the glass breaks as I will be getting all 3 of them wet in around 6 weeks time.

HSO & Sherbinskis The New

large.P1200825.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 21

A couple of years ago I brought a 5 pack of HSO Regular Pineapple Skunk seeds and I though now would be a great opportunity to hopefully flower out a couple females, I haven't done any regular seeds for a while and I think if I get them wet now and grow them under the T5 in 1 litre pots I should be able to sex them and then take cuts of any fems at the same time I germinate my fem seeds and hopefully I will have a nice selection of HSO Fems and regs to grow out in a HSO multistrain grow.

Over the years I have been given lots of HSO freebies and after doing a bit of research on flowering times to make up the numbers I have decided to go for Three Blue Kings, Blueberry Headband and Green Crack.

HSO Multistrains

large.P1200798.jpg

• Like 20

So to Kick off this epic HSO diary I have got all 5 of the Pineapple Skunk Regs wet in some paper towels and they are sealed up in a tuppaware box on top of an old TV set top box which gives them some gentle heat from below. Its now time to sit back and wait for nature to take its course.

HSO Regular Pineapple Skunk Pips

large.P1200809.jpg

large.P1200829.jpg

Lets get them Wet

large.P1200834.jpg

• Like 19

Good luck with these mate, I think there will be some gorgeous plants to be found in 'The New' strain and you cant beat a bit of old school Pineapple.

• Like 3

Are you trying that sexing technique ? There was a thread on the go last week, apparently female regs have a round recess where they were attached to the plant, with shoulders so it sort of looks like a volcano. Males have flatter oval recesses.

Judging by that excellent macro pic I'd guess the top right two as girls. Have you sown them yet, is there still a chance to inspect them?

• Like 5

@Smokebelch Thank you so much for agreeing to document this "New" HSO release and you've turned it into a multiple strain grow, you know I love those :yep:

Best of luck with this adventure brother ;)

Let's do this!

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words everyone and no worries Mark, my 2 loves in life are my weed plants and my photography so its a pleasure to be given the chance to test out these The New seeds for you and HSO.

Its going to be a few weeks until we get to wetting the New seeds but in the mean time 4 of the 5 HSO Pineapple Skunk Regs I started off have germinated so I put them into some little pots with a small bit of compost mixed with some Mycorrmax inoculant, that was yesterday evening and tonight 4 of them are up and running, I planted the ungerminated one in some compost and I will wait to see if it comes up. I only plant them shallow as they always stretch like mad as seedlings, this way I can slowly fill the pots up as the plants stretch.

Germination Pineapple Skunk Regs

large.P1210082.jpg

large.P1210112.jpg

large.P1210096.jpg

A small bit of compost goes in with some Mycorrmax

large.P1210115.jpg

Mix in the Mycorrmax and pop the seeds on top

large.P1210119.jpg

1 cm of compost on top, water in and put under T5

large.P1210121.jpg

• Like 18

Looking good Smokebelch things will get interesting in a little while i would think. Good luck with the grow and keep them pictures rollin.

Toke...

• Like 3

Let's see how these "New" seeds compare eh?  I'm still smoking my Blueberry Headband and is a lovely smoke, very pleased with how that turned out :yep:

All the best with them @Smokebelch

:smoke:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Smokebelch said:

Its going to be a few weeks until we get to wetting the New seeds

That's fine brother :yep:

As you said until then you have plenty going on and you now have the Pineapple skunk joining the party  ;)

We don't see many regular grows so this is going to be a totally different change of pace for me :)

You ever thought about breeding @Smokebelch? Or will males be discarded? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2