Sherbinskis The New, Pineapple Skunk Regs and some HSO Fems

I would be up for letting some of you guys test anything out that I manage to breed. How would that work? I guess I could send them to Mark who could send them onto a few testers and if they are good I can make some for subbies.

Anyway I am getting ahead of myself, let’s get back to now, I have finally got some seeds wet this evening. All HSO starting with all 3 of The New and 1 each of Three Blue Kings, Green Crack and Blueberry Headband. 

The three Pineapple Skunk plants are looking really nice, I haven’t been feeding them, just plain water and they are looking green and lush. I have two very different phenos to flower out and a nice looking Male for breeding, should lots of fun.

Hopefully my seeds wil pop over the next few days and I can start to document these HSO strains

Pineapple Skunk Male 

large.P1230265.jpg

large.P1230268.jpg

The Two Females

large.P1230254.jpg

large.P1230257.jpg

large.P1230260.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 15

Looking v nice mate, some tidy squat lil plants you have there, nice indica looking structure.

How big you plan to take them pre-flip?

• Like 2

@unityCheers dude, I have to keep these ticking over for a bit in this little tent while I germinate some seeds, eventually they will go into 6 litre pots for flowering, or I might even put these 2 into 11 litre pots. Nothing is set in stone yet, just going to go with the flow.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 2

Looking great... Nice selection coming up too you have germinated. Could make for some interesting breeding if you decide to use the Pineapple Skunk on them :B):

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

I have finally got some seeds wet this evening. All HSO starting with all 3 of The New and 1 each of Three Blue Kings, Green Crack and Blueberry Headband. 

Oh, this is going to be epic ;)

Can't wait to see a tent filled with HSO ladies and I'm really excited to see what you can do with The New by Sherbinski  :)

I'm sure the man himself is watching, especially on Insta  ;)

Pineapple skunk ladies look good mate, you keeping the male isolated?

Should be good on 18/6 pollen should only be produced in 12/12 :yep:

As always nice update buddy  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

@HSO-MarkFinally I have managed an update, I am so sorry dude, you gave me these seeds and I haven't really done them justice, I do have one nice The New plant from the 3 seeds so its not all lost. One of them didn't germinate and I broke the top of one which had the seed shell stuck on it. It’s a real shame but it’s done, I am clumsy sometimes. 

To be honest mate my original plans have now changed quite a bit, I replaced the messed up The News with some Seedism genetics, I also ditched the 3 Blue Kings today as it wasn't looking right. The other thing is I am going all LEDs now, veg tent and flower tent and I want incorporate the breeding of the Pineapple Skunks in the same diary so if its ok with you I would like to start a new diary for this grow and carry it on in there. What do you think dude?

I took some photos of my The New plant as I was potting her up into a 6 litre pot. As you can see she is nice and healthy looking with a nice white rootball. She looks like an indica leaning pheno at the moment. She is now basking under a 150W Quantum Board on full power in my new veg tent with a 4inch fan and filter. Lights were supplied @diyleduk I have only had it in there a few days and the plants are loving all the extra light, before they were all bunched up under a T5. I am well happy with my lamp, it was just a tad over £150 and I think will be a great investment.

The New

large.P1230599.jpg

large.P1230604.jpg

large.P1230589.jpg

large.P1230591.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 17

On 11/06/2019 at 8:47 PM, HSO-Mark said:

Should be good on 18/6 pollen should only be produced in 12/12 :yep:

Another lil snippet off info, cheer’s dude...

@Smokebelch sorry to hear off ur woe’s m8, at least you have one off The New still going strong, I’ll be keeping an eye open for ur new dairy if you move this all...

good luck dude...:smokin:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

MarkFinally I have managed an update, I am so sorry dude, you gave me these seeds and I haven't really done them justice, I do have one nice The New plant from the 3 seeds so its not all lost. One of them didn't germinate and I broke the top of one which had the seed shell stuck on it. It’s a real shame but it’s done, I am clumsy sometimes. 

We all get busy from time to time buddy, it's called life :)

No worries mate as I've been watching via Instagram  :yep:

Atleast you have one The New left so you can always take clones for your next run ;)

Crazy root growth and potted up into a new home :yep:

Looks good to me  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

Sorry @Smokebelch just caught up on this (yes I can be slack at times :stoned:) and sorry to read about the issues, you're not alone though we're all clumsy stoners at heart and the grow I've not long started got off to a rocky start :smokin:

Your The New is looking nice and lush though bud and good luck with the pollen chucking :yep:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Firstly sorry I let this dairy slip again, I have needed to take a break from doing diaries, I got a bit carried away with it all and was taking 100s of photos every evening and spending hours sifting through them all for the best ones and it was become a bit of chore. I have also taken up fishing again which takes up a lot of time these days, I had some family probs with relative being ill as well sot that been a bit of a nightmare this summer, that's it excuses out of the way let now get on with an update.

Firstly there will be less photos, I have been looking back through some old diaries and there are way too many photos, I had a new camera and I was leaning how to use it so was taking hundreds, I can get good shots most of time now so no need to take loads, especially when they are in veg. I have been taking a few photos here and there along the way so I will do a catch up update today then will probably do an update once a week after that.

This grow has been very exiting as I have new LED lights and I also flowered out a male plant and I am now at the stage where I have harvested him and I how have a pot of pollen sitting in the fridge, more of that later, first lets have a look at a few shots I took of them when they were veging.

Most of the veging was done under a 150w Quantum Board supplied by @diyleduk, I started them off in my DP120 Prop tent with the light set up on full power up near the top of the 90mm tent, they soon out grew the little tent so I then put them under the same light in my 120 x 120 Green Qube. I am very impressed with that little light, it easily rotted out the big 11 pots and it was able to veg up some huge plants, it easily outperformed the 400w Mh I would have veg them under before.

Veging in my prop tent, sorry about the quality, they were taken on my phone camera.

large.B6EC5863-B6C0-4FCA-A12C-F12231AD8F57.jpeg

large.C1D1B81D-E635-498A-AC78-1DC4849672A2.jpeg

Here they are under the same small light in my big tent

large.E866C03D-2985-4924-97A8-0C2CE753178F.jpeg

large.P1230831.jpg

large.P1230838.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 10

Now I will show you some photos of my new flowering LEDs, I have had a 550w Scope Strip custom built by our site sponsor @diyleduk to fit in a 120 x 120 tent, its basically 2 x 275 Scope Strips that have had their frames extended to fit the tent and then they have been bolted together to make one big light that fits very snugly in the tent giving me wall to wall led light.

They were hung up high at first and I have been slowly dropping them down, after speaking to Adam today I will dropping them another 6 inches today to 20 inches above the canopy and going from there. Its a whole new learning curve and I need to make a few adjustments in the tent to get it dialled in. I need to get the temps up a bit, the reason for that is all explained here on the last page.

Its going to be interesting to see how this pans out for me as its all new tech, here are some shots of the lights just after I hung them, they are a lot lower down now.

large.P1240014.jpg

large.P1240016.jpg

large.P1240018.jpg

large.P1240022.jpg

large.P1240029.jpg

• Like 9

@monster69Yeah it does touch the sides at the sides of the tent, front and back has a gap, I will measure it when the lights come on later.  

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 1

The plants are now just coming up for 2 weeks in flower and over the last week have managed to get them out of the tent for some individual plants shots. I am happy with all these plants at the moment, the only problems I am having are the leaf stems are all red, after advice from @tokenroll and @diyleduk this morning I think this being caused by the temps being too low, apart from the red stems the plants are looking very nice. 

Things changed a bit from the start of the diary, I was planning on growing out 3 of The New but I fucked up germination and only ended up with one, I also had a 3 Blue Kings plant but it got culled because it was a bit mutated. I replaced those 3 with some Seedism Genetics, 2 x Kush Valley Lemon Sorbets and a Milk (White Widow x Skunk#1)

The other thing that may become a problem is they were over veged, I was holding out for the Scope Strips to arrive and they were veged 3 weeks longer than normal, in hindsight I should have potted them up, it shouldn't be too much of a problem as I have flowered rootbound plants before, it just takes a bit more work is all. Due to the extra veging time its all a bit crowded in there for my liking, I was considering culling one plant to give them more room but they all look really nice so I want to flower them all out, it should be ok, I like a challenge. 

If you look back through the diary you will see I popped the Pineapple Skunks way back in April so they got a whopping 18 weeks of veg and as result they are huge, the pictures don't really do them justice and they look a lot bigger in the flesh. They were both topped at the 3rd node when very young, I got rid of all the smaller branches and ended up with 4 main colas on each which were tied down to the pots, a few weeks after that I topped each cola again which has resulted in multiple colas on each plant. I have never veged any plants for anywhere near that amount and its going to interesting to see what the final yield will be.

Pineapple Skunk Plant 1 @ Day 9

large.P1240059.jpg

large.P1240062.jpg

large.P1240067.jpg

Pineapple Skunk Plant 2 @ day 11

large.P1240086.jpg

large.P1240079.jpg

large.P1240077.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 9