Alright there @Inspiration101

Just caught up with the rest of your show, I must agree with all the other comments, when I first watched that germination vid, the stem bopping about to the well suited tune, inspirational stuff, always a bit of a shitter when the cold sets in and all the bugs in the shed move into the groom,

I’ll keep an eye out of your next one in the new year, have a good one.Jj:yinyang: 

• Like 4

New Years Eve, the Christmas tree is still up in all its glory, chocolate and sweeties everywhere.  And I have been busy :)

My laptop died over this festive period so am not quite timelapse ready, but I work in the computer industry so will have another with all my needed software in time for next weekend without a doubt :yep:

To recap, my growing area is a shed down the far end of my garden.  I have partitioned off the back 1/3 for these 'projects', this will be my second in this shed area.

Being outside, west of London, it's pretty cold.  The project area is fully lined, floor, walls and ceiling with 10mm insulation foam stapled to it, plus on top of that metallic reflective double bubble insulation.  Add in the 3ft tubular heater and it's a cosy 20-21°C.

For lighting I have a 125w CFL plugged into a Maxibrite reflector.  For now this is all the new seedlings will need.  I have 2 x 400w ready to use later but am still considering upgrading to 315CMH as this should be better for photos ;)

So, the seedlings....it has been a tough choice as I have more than I know what to do with so here goes : 

4 x Cream Caramel 

4 x Cream Manderine Fast Version

3 x Devil Cream Auto

4 x San Francisco Lemon Kush

Quite the variety, crazy as ever, auto's, fast version, feminised photo, Lemon Kush and Cream madness :D

I can report that all of the above are now in little pots with BioBizz All Mix soil.  This will be a fully organic grow.  I hope to have the three Devil Cream almost completed before the rest go into flower.

Here they are under the camera which is taking photos every 3 minutes to ensure I can provide a little entertainment in the form of a small field of seedlings doing us a merry dance :

large.5c2a18a55dad9_2018CompetitionStart.JPG

On a final note for this post, here is the Devil Cream, having survived a spider mite infestation and horribly cold times, she is back in a clean and warm environment sucking up some 125 CFL rays : 

large.5c2a18a6dcc18_DevilCream.JPG

Until the next update, I wish you all a Happy New Year and no hangover  :)

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 14

Nice looking bud you've got there mate, at least you'll be able to delight yourself with a few joints ;)

All the best to the new babies that are about to show up. Keep it sweet and..

..sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 3

Happy New Year!

I've enjoyed seeing that first plant gradually appear, and I am sure you will enjoy it even more as it disappears ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the gang showing up and strutting their stuff. Tasty selection!

On lighting, being able to take good photos wasn't why I got my CMH but that has been a great side effect.

• Like 4

Happy New Year :)

Today is Sunday so on with an update - Only good things to report.

All but one seed has popped out the soil, this is more to do with my watering as I found it washed up on top of the soil and so think it may be dead, shall give it another week....

The way things are looking the plants will spend another week under the 125w CFL and then I shall look towards repotting and powering up the 400w lights.

So far only plain water has been given to the seedlings, I will look towards using Bio-Rhizotonic at 2m/litre from the next watering onwards.

Timelapse creation took a fair amount of time to batch rename all the files and resize them to something which will make a nice small 30 meg upload to utube around the 1 minute mark.

3111 photos, one taken every 3 minutes, running at 40 frames per second - So every half second of video is 1 hour of real time.

The current pot layout :

Cream Caramel

San Francisco Lemon Kush

Cream Manderine

Devil Cream

Enjoy ! :)

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 11

And they're off, lovin' the time lapse video @Inspiration101 :yep:

I don't know if you noticed, at 14 seconds, in the pot on the second row (from the bottom) and third from the right, it looks like there's a little creepy crawly bombing around, hopefully it's nothing, you'd already spotted it and you've got it under control :)

• Like 3

I have just spent a few hours in the shed moving things around and re-potting.  So far so good !

The three Devil Cream are in the larger 3 litre square pots, this will also be their final pots.

The rest are in 5" circular pots with white name tags staked in for good measure.

The 125w CFL has been put away and now the 400w Sylvania Dual Spec bulb is in.  I have this running at 275w on my MaxiBrite dimmable ballast.

I am hoping the heat generated by this bulb will be sufficient to keep the area warm, but not so intense the seedlings suffer. 25-28°C  is what I am aiming for.

The Devil Cream from the start of the diary has now been chopped down and drying - 1 nice stick of purply, black and green bud - Photos next week on that one as the camera is now already taking timelapse shots for next weeks video.

The regime is 24/7 light until flowering with the exception of when I water - They can have 4h sleep.

Here is the current state of play in the area :

large_123.jpg

Timelapse to follow shortly, just processing ;)

• Like 10

Here is this weeks timelapse.  Same as before, 1080 x720 @40fps, a photo every 3 minutes.  Half a second of video is one hour real time. 

Enjoy !

• Like 8

@Inspiration101Yet another quality video with great music as well, you are smashing this video competition dude.

Your seedlings are looking nice and healthy, keep up the good work dude.

• Like 2