Sweet Skunk & Cream Caramel Fast Versions

Smokebelch

I will be flowering eight plants in total, I have nine seedlings so I have a back up plant for if any of them don’t make it. Once they have rooted out the little starter pots they will be potted up into 1 litre square pots and then put under the 400w Mh in the main tent and then once they are well rooted out they will be potted up into their 6 litre square pots, these will be the final pots and I will veg them up in these pots for three to four weeks until they are fully rooted out.

I like to keep things really simple as far as nutrients are concerned and I am very much of the opinion that less is best for the best results. I am a compost grower and I am using Plant Magic Plus compost with added TNC Mycorrmax inoculatant.

My feed will be BioBizz products Fishmix, Bloom and Algamic, some Plant Magic BioSilicon and a bit of Epsoms Salts and that is it. I find this is all I require for healthy big yielding plants with nice fat resinous buds, keeping it simple works for me.

large.0B37BF05-F61C-4D5A-82B1-F69656FB43DB.jpeg

• Like 6

@the lone deranger Yeah it is a great tent, unfortunately mine has some quite bad light leaks on one of the side doors, I know it’s not usually the case as others on here who have the same tent have said theirs are 100% lightproof, it’s not too much bother as I just hang an old sheet over it.

Dude I am so pleased you fixed your camera, that has saved you some dollar which is always a good thing, I will be looking forward to seeing some nice photos in your diary now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

Dude I am so pleased you fixed your camera

Same here :yep: it wasn't the money, it was the fact i knew it must have been something simple. I went to 3 knowledgable blokes, and they all fobbed me off. Lesson learnt. A whole lot of camera to throw away because of one little 4mm pin.

I refused to give up on it. Youtube to the rescue. All i had to do was unbend the pin that had bent. If it had snapped, you can put one in the card to make the contacts connect.

It took longer to find a way of seeing it all properly (using my phone, then zoomed in) then it did to actually fix. I'm well chuffed :punk:

Shame about the light leak. I've got a few pin prick holes, but it's from my sodding cat lol

• Like 3

I had one little job to do this evening, now the seedlings have stopped stretching I have filled the little pots up to the top with compost burying the stretched stems, the buried stem will sprout out new roots from buried section and will fill out the pot with fresh roots nicely. Its the first time I done this and it has saved me potting them up early to bury the stems.

Some before and after shots.

large.P1040770.jpg

large.P1040774.jpg

large.P1040776.jpg

• Like 6

After I filled them up with compost I watered them with a small watering can with a fine rose on it. The seedlings looked really nice with water droplets on them so I took some close ups.

7 day old seedlings after watering.

large.P1040843.jpg

large.5bc37c5d2a033_P1040803(2).jpg

large.P1040811.jpg

large.P1040836.jpg

large.P1040870.jpg

large.P1040864.jpg

large.P1040852.jpg

large.P1040871.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 10

@delagdo Thanks dude, I got that idea from an old Rasta friend of mine, he has been growing for many more years than me and has helped me quite a bit along the way.

Its now 11 days since I wetted the seeds and after I filled the pots up with compost and buried the stems they have put on a very rapid spurt of growth. I am just giving them water at the moment when the little pots get dried out. 

I have now put them under the larger 4 tube T5 light and now they are getting bigger I have lowered the lights down on top them a bit more.

As you can see now that I am not doing mums and cuts this big prop tent is way too big so I will probably buy a much smaller one and then use this one for a drying tent so I can stagger my harvests.

large.5bc836989f433_P1040917(2).jpglarge.P1040922.jpg 

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 7

I took some photos of each plant last night, as you can see they have put in a rapid growth spurt in the 4 days since I topped the pots up with compost

Today the plants have been given numbers for Id purposes. when I am growing more than one plant of a strain I name the most vigorous plant number 1 and then go down the numbers to the weakest looking one.

All 3 of the Sweet Skunk plants are looking nice, number 1 is the biggest and most vigorous plant in the grow at the moment, the other two are smaller but they look pretty much the same as each other at this stage.

Sweet Skunk 1

large.5bc8369c97b78_P1040926(2).jpg

large.P1040933.jpg

large.5bc8369d94610_P1040928(2).jpg

Sweet Skunk 2

large.P1040940.jpg

large.P1040941.jpg

large.P1040936.jpg

Sweet Skunk 3

large.P1040944.jpg

large.P1040948.jpg

large.P1040954.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 7

The two Cream Caramels are interesting looking little plants, they have very strange looking leaf edges at the moment, they look deformed to me, they are not serrated like I would expect them to be. Is this usual for this strain to start off like this?

Plant number 1 is looking ok, plant number 2 is the weakest looking plant in this grow at the moment.

Cream Caramel 1

large.P1040990.jpg

large.P1040976.jpg

large.P1040960.jpg

large.P1040961.jpg

large.P1040964.jpg

large.P1040982.jpg

Cream Caramel 2

large.P1040998.jpg

large.P1050003.jpg

large.P1050008.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 9

@vince noir rock n roll starThanks for the kind word dude, I do put a lot of time and effort into my photos and its nice when someone appreciates them.

@ResonanceCheers dude and I wish you good luck with your diary too.

It two weeks since the seeds were wetted and today I have potted them up into 1 litre square pots ready to go into the main tent.

I noticed the plants were starting to yellow up slightly which suggested to me a pot up was probably needed and when I popped them out of the little pots to check I could see plenty of fresh, fat and hairy white roots.

Here you can see what your roots will look like if you inoculate them with TNC Mycorrmax, I have said it before, its awesome stuff and should in every organic growers arsenal.

large.P10505521.jpg

large.P1050557.jpg

large.P1050552.jpg

large.P1050544.jpg

large.P1050541.jpg

large.P1050533.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 7

For my potting up session I use a big plastic tray, some Plant Magic Plus compost, some TNC MycorrMax, some 1 litre square pots and some Strawberry Amnesia in the vape.

As you can see the little plants have out grown those little starter pots and are now ready to stretch their legs in some bigger pots.

large.P1050513.jpg

large.P1050525.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

I filled the bottom two thirds of the pot with compost and then sprinkled a thin layer of Mycorrmax on the top of that. Next I popped the plant on top of that and then fill the space around the rootball up with compost, I very gently push it down a little and give the bottom of the pots a few taps on the table and thats about it. job done.

large.P1050558.jpg

large.P1050562.jpg

large.P1050569.jpg

• Like 5