Sweet Skunk & Cream Caramel Fast Versions

Smokebelch

Welcome to my first Sweet Seeds diary. I have been growing for 12 years and to my shame I have never tried any Sweet Seeds strains, I know they are good quality breeders but I guess I have just never got around to it.

This grow will be an 8 plant multistrain compost grow with two plants each of Sweet Skunk Fast and Cream Caramel Fast from Sweet Seeds along with two of each of Dinafems new Quick strains Quick Kush and Quick Critical+. I will be running a separate diary in the Dinafem forum for the two Dinafem Quick strains and this diary will be documenting the two Sweet Seeds Fast strains.

I ordered the two packs of Sweet Seeds beans which arrived promptly and I was gifted one extra of each in the current promotion. I really like the packaging artwork and I also like the fact that there is a date on the package stating when the seeds were harvested, mine are January and February 2018 so I know the seeds are fresh, it’s a nice touch knowing how old the seeds are.

I am very exited to be growing out some genetics from a new breeder for me and also to be able to part of this fantastic competition that Sweet Seeds have organised for us, lots of fun time ahead for UK420 Sweet Seeds growers this winter.

Today I will be wetting the seeds and doing some stuff in the grow tents and I will update this diary with more details and photos as the day progresses.

Nice artwork and 1 seed Gratis in each pack.

large.7484230A-FAA6-4B2A-8D46-A9E945AB15

large.9ACD3FAA-5C1F-4FB6-B765-DDD2601374

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 20

Hey smokebelch ;)

Welcome to the 5th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition :yep:

Good luck with everything.

Sounds good my friend, bring it on and sweet smokes! :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 4

Hi Fella!

Welcome to the 5th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition, 

I hope you enjoy it, Sweet smokes!

jaypp

• Like 2

Hi mate @Smokebelch

I'm gonna make myself comfy and settle in for the duration. 

Kept meaning to try some sweet seeds strains myself over the years, and never got round to it. Only ever seen good things. This comp is the perfect excuse to try them :yep:

All the best with yours mate.

Nice one :guitar:

• Like 3

My plans for getting the tent ready on Sunday afternoon were scuppered when some friends rocked up unannounced and I got the canna biscuits out.

I did manage to get the seeds wet when everyone left late on Sunday afternoon, I put them between some wet paper towels in a Tupperware tub and they went into my prop tent on top of an old TV set top I use for giving gentle heat from below for seeds and rooting cuttings. 

large.DCDAD4A6-6D77-43FB-B076-F0DA0AF205

• Like 10

Less than 48 hours later and they have all sprouted and are ready to go into some compost, this is the first time I have tried the paper towel method and I am very impressed with how quickly they have germinated.

3 x Sweet Skunk on the left and 2 x Cream Caramels on the right.

large.FB626869-0043-4220-A81A-6DD7F8E767

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 11

@hazy harryCheers dude, I am very exited to be growing out some Sweet Seed genetics. I brought the seeds to compliment some Dinafem Quick strains I am growing and then just as they arrived this competition was announced so I thought I may as well enter.

This afternoon I am planting up the seedlings using PM compost, some Mycorrmax, some little starter pots and a few hits of the vape.

large.05322457-B129-48A5-A6DF-A22EBFAF2A

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 7

I have put a bit of compost in the bottom half of the pot, then I have sprinkled some Mycorrmax max on top and then put the seedlings on top of that, finally I covered them over with a little more compost and then watered them in.

When they pop up and start stretching I can start to fill the rest of the pots with compost as the seedling grow upwards.

large.59C4A3DD-D978-4873-ADE8-1B55239497

• Like 9

Hello mate, nice one on joining the comp, and I reckon you`ll be quite happy with the plants.

I see you have the same fungi as me, great minds and all that lol

well good luck, and I`ll see you at the finish line :)

• Like 6

i hope this isnt a case of premature germination ..

seems a fair few have opted for the cream caramel fv ...cos its a beauty and tastes lovely ..your going to enjoy this ..

all the best with the diary dude 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

see you have the same fungi as me

And me - I do read, watch and learn sometimes! 

All the best with the competition and hope everything runs smoothly :) 

• Like 6

@ratdog @vince noir rock n roll star @assault and battery Thanks guys, premature germination would be a nightmare, lol

I used Plant Magic Granules back in the day when it first came out and it was fantastic stuff for a while but I think they watered it down once the company was sold off. I find with the Mycorrmax I get big fat hairy roots at the bottom of the pots just like I did with the original Granules, it’s a fantastic product and I love the seaweedy smell of it too.  

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 6