Sweet Skunk & Cream Caramel Fast Versions

Smokebelch

I had used Plant Magic for some of my compost grows years ago. I haven't added anything like that to my compost seeds this time, but I am making a note of Mycorrmax for future grows, thanks guys!

• Like 3

hey man, i like ur method for germinating and planting the beans, does the myco fungi make a big diff?? anyway, hope the diary does u proud man.....:yinyang:

• Like 4

@grotbags @delagdo The Mycorrmax is amazing stuff, I am no organic scientist but what I do know is it makes the soil into a living thing with a micro herd of various

good bacteria, fungus and stimulants which breakdown the organic nutrients and then makes it available for the plant to eat via the mycorrhiza which have a symbiotic association between a fungus and the plant roots. 

What I have noticed is the roots are fat, healthy and very hairy and the thing I like the most of all is still seeing fresh and fat white roots appearing at the pot drain holes 3 or 4 weeks into flowering, something I never had before I used the Mycorrmax product. My plants seem to have less health problems and my yields and final product quality is noticeably better since I have been using it.

It is a nice fine powder which makes it very easy to use, you can sprinkle a bit in the potting up holes and also it can be sprinkled on damp root balls before you pop it into the hole on each pot up. You get a huge bag of it which will last for quite a few grows as you don't need to use much of it. 

If anyone is growing in compost and using BioBizz nutrients I think this stuff is a must really and it comes highly recommended by me. As an added bonus it smells amazing too.

Here are some photos of the powder and the product labels for reference.

large.FC2E510C-3812-4491-8A11-C341EB07CF08.jpeg

large.4FA68711-4A37-4831-A279-DC4F00F4178E.jpeg

large.0143CCA6-52B5-4A34-8893-9E6E002DBD3C.jpeg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 8

Its now been six days since I got my five Sweet Seeds wet, I put them in the paper towels last Sunday evening and by Monday evening they were just cracking and by Tuesday they had big tap roots and were ready to go into some compost. By Thursday evening all five were up and running, its now Saturday and I have five healthy little seedlings starting out on their journey of life.

They are going to kept in prop tent for the next couple of weeks until they are big enough to go in the main tent under a 400w Mh bulb ready for around four to five weeks of vegging up before I flower them out. I am guessing the veging will be the same time as normal and its just the flowering that is the fast bit.

The photos I have taken so far were on my phone but today I got my nice camera out and got some photos of the beautiful little seedlings.

large.P1040738.jpg

large.P1040732.jpg

large.P1040723.jpg

large.P1040711.jpg

large.P1040710.jpg

large.P1040736.jpg

large.P1040703.jpg

large.P1040702.jpg

large.P1040692.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 10

Here are a few group shots of the seedlings, they are looking good, so far I am very happy with these Sweet Seeds genetics.

large.P1040760.jpg.2927a6593df5c370ae8f6

large.P1040756.jpg

large.P1040754.jpg.885cbf5dd56f538f33dd2

• Like 9

All looking Sweet as mate :yep:

I completly agree about the fungi. It has been a welcome addition to my grows indoors, and out. Doing simple tests, as in, put some fungi in one and not in the other, the results are clear. Bigger, fatter, whiter roots!! I also prefere the powder over the granules now, although it took a while to get used to not being able to see it once it's mixed in, unlike the granules.

I'm jealous of your decent camare pic's lol I was hoping to get my camera fixed for this comp, but it's not looking likely now. "Card Error?!?" Anyway, I love close ups of the little ones. Some lovely shots there mate.

Nice one :guitar:

• Like 4

@the lone deranger Cheers dude. I have had a few cameras die with Card Error problems, I guess you have tried a couple of different cards in it.

I am getting to grips with the camera now so hopefully my diary will be full of nice photos.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Smokebelch said:

I guess you have tried a couple of different cards in it.

Yep. Tried a brand new one. Would it be worth trying another?

I took it to a guy i know who's handy, and he said it's a veryt tricky fix. The pins and connections are really delicate. It's an old canon. I only paid £100 for it. Theres another guy who can fix it for ££££ I could buy another cheaper than fixing it, but i hate doing that :doh:

• Like 4

I don’t know much about fixing cameras dude. If it’s going to cost hundreds of pounds to fix it maybe it worth spending the money on a new one.

I would try a good quality SanDisk card if you haven’t already, the cheap ones on amazon and flea bay are not very reliable.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

@the lone deranger Cheers dude. I have had a few cameras die with Card Error problems, I guess you have tried a couple of different cards in it.

I am getting to grips with the camera now so hopefully my diary will be full of nice photos.

You have a few weeks to practice before the flower show begins, but by the looks of it you don't need it. Lovely seedling shots.

• Like 4

@delagdo 

Cheers dude, I can’t wait for the flower show to start but I need to be patient as I will be veging them up for well over a month so a bit of time to wait for that. One thing I have learnt is lots of patience is the name of the game if you want to achieve 1gpw.

Now germination is done and dusted and I have some Sweet Seeds plants to grow out I will go into more detail about my set up, nutrients and grow style.

My set up consists of 2 grow tents which are set up in my bed room, I live in a one bedroom flat so I have no spare room or loft to use, luckily my bedroom is huge so it all fits in there nicely. I am not bothered by the noise of fans running, in fact I suffer from tinnitus so the humming actually helps me sleep through that.

I have a Secret Jardin PR120 Propagation tent which I use for starting off seeds, propagating cuts and until recently keeping a couple of mothers. I have recently ditched my Killer Skunk and Wonder Kush mums that I kept for a few years.

My passion is popping seeds and by using a few trusted seed breeders and feminised seeds I rarely get shit plants these days so from now on I will be growing exclusively seeds plants on each run. Other advantages of doing this include, less plant numbers, less electric bill and less work for me. One interesting thing I am thinking of doing is get a smaller prop tent for starting the seeds off in and then I can use that big prop tent for drying purposes, I have to chop every thing all at the same time at the moment as I don’t have a separate drying area. I have a 4inch carbon filter here and that prop tent has a passive intake so I would just need a 4inch ruck and a cheap fan controller and then I could chop plants that are ready early and dry them in there. 

The prop tent has two small T5 lights in it, one is four tubes and the other is two tubes, I have a small clip on fan and also a small tube heater with a built in thermostat to keep it warm in the winter. I also use an old TV set box to provide some gentle heat from below for germinating seedling and it’s also great for rooting cuttings. I have a propagation tray on top of a couple old video game boxes to raise it up above the vents on top of the tv box. It gives out a really gentle amount of constant heat which is perfect, the seeds and cuts love it.

large.2FC6298B-4D07-4D0C-96F1-3A86CB917223.jpeg

large.638267B9-0A56-427C-B559-E1B8E3B09E11.jpeg

large.47B0C753-BB5E-4479-BB10-DA095BAF8125.jpeg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 11

OK man uv sold me on the myco.... Gonna get some for my sweet diary grow... I see you have some skill with a camera!! 

This comp is great with the prizes, anyone taking part can get a cracking money shot and win something.... Atb..... :yinyang:

• Like 4

The main tent that I use for veging and flowering is a Green Qube 120 x 120 x 220 and hanging in there is a Lumatek Turrican parabolic shade. I have a Lumatek adjustable digital ballast which allows me to veg under a 400w Mh lamp and flower under a 600w HPS lamp, I know there is new CMH tech around now but I still love my parabolic shade and when I installed it my yields went up considerably.

I am using a 4inch Ruck active intake fan which sucks warm air from my bedroom into the tent, the intake is near my bedroom window so I can open that if its not too cold outside for fresher air.

I extract through the bedroom wall out into my hallway which has an added bonus of helping to heat my flat up in the winter. I always have some windows ajar which keeps the flat well aired. I have a 5inch Ruck fan connected to big 5 inch Mountain Air carbon filter which takes care of any smells. This fan and filter is hung in the tent at the top.

Also in the tent I have 1m x 1m square BioGreen heat mat which goes underneath a plastic splash tray that the pots sit in. The heat mat is connected to to a thermostat that is set to 22c, the thermostat has a waterproof probe which is put into the compost halfway down so it keeps the rootballs at a steady 22c. When I installed this I found my plants were much healthier and my yields increased. 

I use some poles out of my old tent to keep the sides of the tent sucking in too far and they are also great for clipping clip on fans onto, I have two clip on fans at the moment but will add another one soon.

I have a hygrometer and thermometer that I have at pot level and also use a small hygrometer and thermometer that has a probe on a long cable, I hang the probe at canopy level and keep the thermometer bit outside the tent so I can check temps and humidity at anytime without having to open the tent door.

I think that’s everything, here are a few photos of the main tent and fixtures and fittings. That Cannatronics contactor is the only bit of grow kit that I am still using from when I started out, it’s 12 years old.large.8DD3AB87-0ABB-4BE3-854D-CDF8DDA1D800.jpeg

large.330E30B6-0782-43EE-88BC-7E0BDD846112.jpeg

large.E391B8EA-895C-4B7F-ACA1-A0B8F4E0543A.jpeg

large.D07AA804-F175-4D66-A687-8F04045F8B5E.jpeg

large.8FE846F0-8F95-4F6F-A969-168A1559A595.jpeg

large.FEAF8C4D-55C9-4CF8-88F3-00C088E97939.jpeg

large.4C9441EC-5B8E-47D6-933B-E3016B5CC669.jpeg

large.42CECF6C-A5B6-4644-83BF-722891FC0A53.jpeg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 8

@grotbags You won’t be disappointed with TNC Mycorrmax dude, you can get it from that big online retailer whose is named after a big river in Sourh America.

I have to say I agree, what a fantastic competition with so many prizes to be won everyone is in for a chance of winning something. 

Hats off to the Sweet Seeds dudes for running such a great and very active sub forum here on UK420 cheers guys.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 4

I'm a big fan of the greeqube tents :yep: they are solid tents, easy to make with good zips and holes et.. I've got two roofqubes as i was growing in a loft in my last place. The sloped roof really helped tuck them in out of the way.

I fixed my camera :toldya:

• Like 3