Karma strains

I am currently doing a few Karma strains to see how they roll, got Tha Melon,  KarmaradoOG, Animal Cookies, Headstash, Headbanger and some more.

My mate Genefinder is doing a lot of new strains testing with them in the states and absolutely loves them strains.

38721548_1114330302066869_44987228766894

Edited by amsterdammer
  • Like 24

My experience with Karma's genetics so far..

Headstash hermied but ain't a bad smoke just a bit seedy.. lol

Biker kush is good breeding stock but not that good as a keeper unless spindley plants are your thing..

Headbanger, not a bad word to say about Headbanger, lovely flavour and a good strong hit.

Jack og, It's OK but not like any Jack's that I've grown before.

Amnesia OG, not a bad attempt at an ammo cross, super tight, heavy buds but missing some of the flavour of a good ammo, however, I used 3 males to pollinate my Core cut so I'm hoping for something interesting from that hack.. :naughty:

Orange sorbet, Mandarina kush and Sour Power are in my current grow and so far they look fine and dandy..

Edited by madgiz
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, amsterdammer said:

KarmaradoOG

I'm definitely running this again when I find time. I'm hoping the beauty I ended up flowering won't be heard to find again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, madgiz said:

Biker kush is good breeding stock but not that good as a keeper unless spindley plants are your thing..

Exactly what I thought of biker kush. It got kept around in my local circle but it soon got let go after a few cycles - something with a but more flavour and to squat it up a bit would've been a nice match. 

• Like 5

I got a pack of Karma OG to try out shortly after they were first released.

I found them to be very nutrient sensitive and ph sensitive. They seemed to hate being watered and fed. They also kept showing a deficiency of some kind that i struggled to correct.

They all grew lanky with floppy stems and stretched massively during flower and gave a fairly low yield.
  Upon inspection of the rootballs during potting up and at harvest the roots were sparse and hair thin.
  The effect was strong at first but the high seemed to fade away within an hour. The most positive thing that i found was the smell of the plants during veg and flower which was a fantastic fuel/cleaner OG type strong scent.

II did ask on their forum if the breeder considered the Karma OG difficult to grow but got no reply initially.
  I then posted up a couple of pics and a number of the regular respected posters and testers there chimed in agreeing that they had also experienced very fussy plants including a member who did one of the original test grows of the Karma OG.
  Whoever posts for the breeder on their forum finally posted a very short response that did not address the original question and it was all quickly buried within the large thread i had posted in.
  A few weeks later i noticed the Karma OG seeds being offered as freebies on Choice and Attitude and today maybe a year or so later i see they are no longer in stock at a lot of the usual seed retailers.

I am not having a go at all but stating my experience and i would have no hesitation trying other Karma strains but the Karma OG reinforced my personal opinion that the OG Kush type plants are spindly, floppy stemmed  stretchy fussy plants with an amazing smell and an over hyped short lived effect and that they are simply not for me.

• Like 9

@amsterdammer Lookin good mate. Very interested in some of those genetics mentioned.. Is the Animal Cookies x Biker Kush?.. Tha Melon sounds tasty, but info bit limited..? If he says it’s a x of his favourite smoke though, i’m Guessing it’s pretty special.. :smug:

• Like 1

@Savage I agree about the OG Kush being overrated...lol, but I guess this is (partly) down to breeders and hype, I smoked some incredible OG in the states, but in seed form the problem is hybridization with unknown genetics, many OG seeds were/are not pure breeds.

I have not yet experienced poor genetics from Karma (yet) and am going through quite a few seeds from them, will update my experience when gained.

Edited by amsterdammer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Team Green said:

Is the Animal Cookies x Biker Kush?.. 

Yup, I am actually growing them Cookie Crash seeds, been reading up on it and was stuck on the animal cookies page to read up on her heritage and actually mislabeled the plants to animal cookies...lol

If this topic did not show up here I might have actually forgotten that it was Cookie Crush...wow.

• Like 2

Will be keeping an eye out for your thoughts on the Cookie Crash. They're at the top of my Karma pile.

Currently have Miley 61 x Biker in veg. Don't know much about them but they are my first Karma plants.

• Like 1

I had one spindly cookie leaner hermie on me within the headstash plants when i ran them(known for), but found an amazing robust one that ticked all the boxes of performance. It looked more of a karmarado og leaner with amazing purple colours. I am 5 weeks in veg with the orange sorbet and sour power og with both looking sturdy and vigourous.They used a udub x trifi x mandarina. bubba kush x florida kush x sfv og x agent orange. looking forward to see the end product of this frankenstein creature.

Edited by GrowYaBoat

I'm giving his Amnesia OG a run now. 5 beans on the go but early days . Took a cut of each yesterday and will pot them all on into 2 litres today or tomorrow. :yinyang:

• Like 2