Bubbas gift pot noodle grow

I think root space is always going to be an issue with this grow unless starting from 12/12 , hopefully I can get away with it but just need to wait and see, I probably will flip sooner just not got a date in mind I'm just going to go by when the plants are ready for it as a majority, one day I'll get another tent and won't have this problem but for now I have to stick with what's there and best to save having to keep the dealers number handy lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zibzabs said:

I was toying with the idea of mainlining my little princess too.... Nice work so far!:toldya:

Its up to you mate but I think it would help with yield and making the most from a small plant but this is my first attempt at it, I'll definitely be trying it on a larger plant on my next grow cycle, once all the initial chopping has been done its easy maintenance and 8 single colas has got to be an easier trim lol

• Like 1

On 15/06/2018 at 9:05 PM, highlo said:

Another update on the noodle grow, the 4 mains have grown on a bit now and got topped again today so now its time to wait for the 8 new growths to start building themselves up so I can tie them down and let them grow with plenty of their own space , I know with the pot size it will be best if I could flip them earlier but I don't have a separate flowering tent so I have to let my other ones fill out a bit more before flipping, this one will hopefully be a nice strong plant by then as well large.IMG_20180615_183843-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180615_183852-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180615_183911-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180615_183905-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180615_183901-1458x1944.jpg

This is one of the more interesting and technical grows we have going  :yep:

The multiple topping and training is working out really well. Producing multiple tops which when introduced to bloom should produce very well  :bong:

Some growers are doing no veg, some a short veg then bloom but this one is going to be a long veg so can't wait to see how this fair's. The only concern is the pot size and reduced medium but if you can keep those roots fed I can't see any problems occurring. 

A very interesting tech and I think this is going to play out very well indeed  ;)

Thanks for the update brother I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 18/06/2018 at 10:38 AM, zibzabs said:

I was toying with the idea of mainlining my little princess too.... Nice work so far!:toldya:

Some really cool techs being used and very interesting to see which growers are choosing what methods  :yep:

This is proving a great bit of fun and bringing out that creative side ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

Another update on the bubbas gift noodle challenge, after some thinking I have decided to induce flowering earlier than I was going to as I'd hate to see this fail due to the limited root space so I have started 12/12 as of today and will switch to ny hps flowering bulb in a few days, I like to do this as a gentler way of forcing flowering, the 8 mains are growing on now and have been tied into position to receive good light and airflow, I'm loving this little plant , thanks again  @HSO-Mark for the opportunity to grow this out :skin_up:large.IMG_20180624_235904-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180624_235913-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180624_235927-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180624_235922-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180624_235922-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180624_235917-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180624_235857-1458x1944.jpg

• Like 3

A little off topic and not related to this competition, I was going to leave this out of this but I think it would good to share a little something I just found out , I have never tried cloning before and have always assumed you need rooting gel or powder and a proper environment for them to grow roots and start to grow, I have been pleasantly surprised to be wrong with this assumption, because I have mainlined my plant I thought to myself why not try and see if I can get one of the cuts to become a plant of it's own and decided to use the 2 tops I cut off when I was topping for 4 heads in the hope that one would take off, having no proper cloning equipment I soaked 2 1" rockwool cubes in 5.5ph water with 2ml/l of rhizotonic and nothing else I then used this solution to water the cubes until it had ran out, all I done was the usual removing of lower growth and split the stem up the middle to expose more of it to root forming, I also kept the fresh cuts in this solution as I removed them from the plant, after that I widen the rockwool holes with a pen and inserted the cuttings , I put the cubes in a takeaway tub with the lid removed, poured in a little of the solution I made ,about 1cm deep and stretched a sandwich bag over the tub and sprayed with just water on the inside of the bag for humidity then left it on the windowsill with daily misting to keep the bag humid , to my surprise it has worked , unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the process but that's exactly all I done , no proper rooting gel and I now have an extra 2 small plants and keeping with the micro pot mindset one is in a noodle tub and the other a regular Starbucks coffee cup I acquired from my friend, I'm more of a Costa man lol , anyway stoned rambling over.... here is the proof large.IMG_20180624_235942-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180625_000005-1458x1944.jpg

• Like 3

Once the roots were showing they went into clover multipurpose compost and fed just water with 1ml/l of regenaroot as my rhizotonic has run out until they showed they wanted some food, they are now on 1ml/l regenaroot and 2ml/l of an sensi grow a and b I didn't pH with this as the soil will act as a buffer

• Like 1

You should be she's looking great. I'm taking a similar approach but thinking 4 tops so this should be interesting, all the best. 

• Like 2

Congratulations on the cloning mate :yep:

Goes to show you don't need expensive equipment or even a rooting hormone. Given the right conditions it can be done and now you have 2 more baby bubbas gift to grow out :yep:

It sounds like you are having real fun with this grow which is showing through  :bong:

You can see the time and devotion being shown which will pay of in the end ;)

Beautiful work so far mate and as always thank you for the diary update and added pictures very much appreciated!

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

@HSO-Mark thanks very much mate I can't complain when my first attempt at cloning has worked this easily, this strain is definitely one to grow again, shes responded well to everything I given her as well as high temps, she's a hardy little girl this one , let's hope her buds are as strong as her attitude lol

@leapsure skemor thanks mate I reckon with this strain topping for more colas can only be a good thing, as you can see from this one she's loved every bit of it and this is my first time attempting a mainline so I'm not perfect at it and she still puts up with it all well, best of luck with yours too, I'll follow along to see your progress :skin_up:

• Like 1

On 27/06/2018 at 1:38 PM, highlo said:

this strain is definitely one to grow again

Now that's what we like to hear  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark .

Hi all another update on the bubbas gift noodle grow, she is still plodding along happily and seems to coping with the still high temps of over 30c, I'd be worrying more about this if it wasn't for this strain not showing any real set backs with it, not a lot more to say other than she is pushing her 8 heads upwards and getting herself ready to produce some fat colas (hopefully) lol, as pictures speak a thousand words.... large.DSC_0001-2104x1184.JPGlarge.DSC_0005-1184x2104.JPGlarge.DSC_0004-1184x2104.JPGlarge.DSC_0003-1184x2104.JPGlarge.DSC_0002-1184x2104.JPG

• Like 5