Bubbas gift pot noodle grow

I'm totally new to this medium as well mate I did start them off in 1" rockwool then planted them when the stem became a bit too spindly, I'll leave them be and hope for the best but I may have to order some more seeds for some bigger plants, at least I can keep this going with the one bubbas gift that seems good so far

• Like 3

fytocell can be a super trick medium and one I'm not a fan of. As far as I know it has zero npk like perlite which could be the issue but I think the medium is holding to much water :bong:

As said out of the 3. 1 looks good with 2 not so good but can be salvaged at this early stage. 

Let the pots dry out and get the babies onto a regular dry/wet cycle  :yep:

Let's see if this helps if not we will try something else. 

Maybe add a small amount of feed at a very reduced rate :yep: due to the early age :yep: possibly some silicone if at hand. 

Will drop back in next time :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

The fytocell really does hold its water and I'm not having to do much as far as watering goes although in hindsight a bit of perlite would have help this stage have a better wet and dry cycle , I'm sure once the roots establish it won't be a problem, things are actually starting to look good now and the 2 poorly plants have started pulling round and growing fresh green leaves, I managed to use my propagator even though temps were hitting 29c inside of it I was giving the lid a good spray with water daily to keep the humidity high and it seems to have done the trick,  the good one is leaps ahead of the others and going strong, pics will follow shortly

• Like 1

Hi mate nice little Grow u got goin on.

Never seen that White stuff in my life lol 

I gotta ask why ur using a prop for Seedlings? I only ever use a prop for cuttings. Ive tried using a large prop in my veg room due to low humidity but it really was a pain in the ass and the plants suffered (mainly root issues) 

My groom can Sometimes sit at low 30s RH but when this happens i just plant more plants and it goes up pretty soon lol

Whats ur RH sitting at in the tent? Im pretty sure u dont need a prop :)

Atb

JJ

• Like 2

i used to bung a handful of fytocell in me soil as t holds so much water but it also holds air ..vast root improvements with the stuff ..but no nutrional value to it ..so i dont bother with it anymore ..best of luck with it .

• Like 3

Looks happy and healthy to me :yep:

Have you started on feed yet mate? 

If not I would start introducing feed at a reduced rate:bong:

Thanks for the update mate  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

Thanks @HSO-Mark , yeah mate I'm using 0.5ml /l of formulex and 0.4 ml/l of rhizotonic , plan is to step that up gradually until they are on 1 ml /l of formulex then switch over to an sensi grow

• Like 1

@HSO-Mark  I think I've found my keeper for the noodle pot :cowboy: large.IMG_20180522_170224-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180522_170247-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180522_170255-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180522_170259-1458x1944.jpg height is short and internodes are tight compared to the other which is a good bit taller and slightly further apart so this one will be more suited to being in the smaller pot long term ( hopefully) lol shes pushing out her 4th node so I'm waiting for the 5th to show then I'll top her to the 3rd and tie her down

• Like 6

lol thanks man the roots are definitely in the rest now , hopefully growth will start to boom now

• Like 1

It turns out this pot noodle challenge is a lot more involved than I had planned for lol she needs watered every day to prevent drying out for too long, she is going well and starting to pick up on growth, I topped her to her 3rd node and now waiting for her 2 mains to grow out before tying down and topping again, I may come up with an automated watering system idea to keep things easierlarge.IMG_20180529_205713-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180529_205730-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180529_205740-1458x1944.jpglarge.IMG_20180529_205753-1458x1944.jpg

• Like 3

Nice selection mate :yep:

Short internode distance, staging short and now topped should definitely help keep height down :)

You've selected the best for this adventure and your finding out that this competition is not as easy as it reads.

You'll need to be on your toes with this one brother and so far your doing a fine job :yep:

Solid plan being executed and moving forward at a steady pace ;)

Thanks for the pot noodle update mate so far looking on point  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2