Jibbas pot of Hso's bubbas gift

Right then just to report, I tore open the root it and saw a fat little tap root with a complete u turn in it, so I turned it up the other way, hopefully it will survive:yinyang:Jj 

• Like 5

Happy Sunday Uk420 :bong:

Right then just wanted to run a few things past you, basically my pot noodle design:naughty:

I will be using 2 pots, 1 normal(bad boy) as an air chamber with one 40x15 mm air stone in there.

large.33E96A20-597F-4A78-A7F1-8EBE87C7BB40.jpeg

The other pot is a king, (beef and tomato)

For the roots,

large.7F3AA9C6-BE50-4EB1-BEFA-5DCFC3127626.jpeg

I have wound some string around the center bit to cause a bung, and drilled a few holes in the bottom,then push it king into the bad boy,large.5724CDB1-3D50-4179-9C8E-A77964368396.jpeg

There it is, I have yet to make my mind up weather to feed from the bottom or the top,so that’s the pot(s) the plan will allow me to completely remove the lower air chamber of photos showing no roots coming out of the pot, unfortunately I am going to grow it through the lid, but I feel confident that it shouldn’t interfere with the pics.

As for drainage, more holes will be created  just above the string on the beef and tomato allowing for run off to trickle back down both pots on the outside back into the rez, might have to make some holes in the bad boy also, above the bung.

I only have one air stone in the pot, lots of really small bubbles are created now I have sorted out the air flow rate, there are 2 lengths of irrigation pipe in the rez which are full or holes connected to the air pump also, so I am running 3feeds of the pump to slow it down.

Up the wrong way but you get the idea,large.927622AD-9CBA-4E55-907B-4AB5CEB0115A.jpeg

All is going to sit inside my rez.

So that’s my new plan that I am going to call Noodleponics:hippy:

So what do you think?

Take it easy Jj.

• Like 6

This is either going to be 

1 an epic success 

2 an epic failure 

I think it will be option 1 and I must say you've really thought outside the box with this one mate :yep:

Can't wait to see this "bad boy" lol in action ;)

Fire it up!

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 5

Cheers @HSO-Mark I have been running it empty for the last few days just monitoring temps, which according to the thermometer about 22degrees.

I hope it’s an amazing success, I might even make the most of the rez and put something else in there, not sure yet, just waiting for some roots to grow:yep: 

• Like 2

Well the bubbler pot is running well, I decided to stick a pair of Dinafems new quick critical that I have started off, one in each end, with a gap in the middle for the awaiting bubbas gift.

Unfortunatly the germination process is getting me again, I have one bean that did germinate, upside down, so I turned it around in the jiffy about a week ago and it has well and truly stalled, just a tap root about 30mm long with a pair of piss flaps struggling to reach out, another one that sunk then transferred into paper towel with the gravity method, has been there for over a week, inbeteeen 2plates has been in the airing cupboard, so nice and cosy.

I am am not an expert at growing but I have popped a fair few seeds over the years and have never experienced this many failures, am I doing something wrong. Well I’ll leave them as they are for a bit longer, with the hope that at least one of them pulls through. I thought maybe the heat, but my groom sits nicely in between 22-29.

Maybe a little bit of roughing up? What do you reckon?

@HSO-Mark just to clarify I don’t think it’s anything to do with the beans, deffo me:yep:

Cheers Uk420 and have a great Sunday:punk:Jj.

• Like 3

I only managed 1 out of 6 from these....

Haven't had such a low germ rate either....

was thinking too hot but will pop the last couple next week with loads of others and see how that goes....

:smokin:

• Like 3

On 01/07/2018 at 10:43 AM, Jibba jabba said:

Maybe a little bit of roughing up? What do you reckon?

Some growers are having no issue with germination others are having serious issue. Yes, you could try a gentle running with a matchbox to help the process  :yep:

Have you tried various methods?

Paper towel always does well but it can give me issue so if that happens I go direct to jiffy7, under prop set to 80-82o(f) with t5 or cfl lighting just to get them started. 

Let us know how you get on brother. Fingers crossed  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

Have you tried various methods?

Yes mate, all the ones I can thing of, I still have a no shower under a plate, hopefully that will burst into life soon, also the floater is still floating, if I get no joy I am gonna take it as it’s just not ment to be,but fun none the less, take it easy, Jj:cowboy:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

Yes mate, all the ones I can thing of, I still have a no shower under a plate, hopefully that will burst into life soon, also the floater is still floating, if I get no joy I am gonna take it as it’s just not ment to be,but fun none the less, take it easy, Jj:cowboy:

Fingers crossed that atleast one makes an appearance  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...